Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Options

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    cool whey still on sale (but not advertised) for 3.99 at Metro for anyone interested!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I checked at my local Walmart this morning and none of these desserts are available. I am disappoint.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    cool whey still on sale (but not advertised) for 3.99 at Metro for anyone interested!

Yeap. If Cool Whey was not on sale then it would be on par with Halo Top and Breyers now and not worth it for calories. They have to drop prices now and re-think their nutrition to revamp the calories to match or better.

coolwhey has changed things up - 7 new flavors and way less calories - obviously trying to keep up with halo top - old cool whey still in the stores for now though (hoping to get some for dirt cheap when they need to get it off the shelves for good)..
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Picked up 3 pints to taste test HaloTop from my local Metro yesterday. Cookies and cream was gross, chocolate reminded me of fudgsicles and I did like the salted caramel.

@crazyravr you're not far from my location...which Walmart did you find the Breyers in? Etobicoke/east Mississauga is barren.
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love this thread but also find it rather depressing. I am in Victoria and am having a very hard time finding any of these products :(
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I live near Toronto (Whitby) and found Halo Top at my local Metro today. I look at the ice cream freezers maybe once a year, so it would have taken me a long time to stumble on it on my own. Big thanks!
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I live near Toronto (Whitby) and found Halo Top at my local Metro today. I look at the ice cream freezers maybe once a year, so it would have taken me a long time to stumble on it on my own. Big thanks!

I looked for the dairy-free Halotop at Metro but found none :s
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Bought Pancake & Waffles and Peanut Butter Swirl Halo Top at my local Superstore after work today. Currently using a wedge and large sledgehammer to make it fit into my macros for today lol. Fortunately I was really busy at work today and logged more distance than usual.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Still no luck. Halo Top website says my local stupidstore has them, but nope.
  • Jelaan
    Options
    ^^ didn't pay that price at Superstore! $6.99 I think - still way too much to buy often.
  • Jelaan
    Options
    Still no luck. Halo Top website says my local stupidstore has them, but nope.

They appeared today at mine.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I was just in canada today and saw these..... has anyone ever tried?! 300 calories per HALF cup, they better be good lol. 20155683_10212381536485910_6475121008458561324_n.jpg?oh=856c62bb9ccb431bb17ade5d78a36f69&oe=5B34709D
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I was just in canada today and saw these..... has anyone ever tried?! 300 calories per HALF cup, they better be good lol. 20155683_10212381536485910_6475121008458561324_n.jpg?oh=856c62bb9ccb431bb17ade5d78a36f69&oe=5B34709D

They’re delicious, but my sister hates them, so I know they’re not for everybody. The rum & ginger cookie and Irish cream ones are my favourite. The rum blondie and vodka key lime ones are good, but my least favourite.

I have the rum & ginger cookie, Irish cream, and whiskey truffle flavours in my freezer right now. Whenever Haagen Dazs is on sale I stock up.
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    Mint2018-420x420.png

CocoChoc2018-1-420x420.png

Tried both.

MUCH MUCH better than HaloTop anything I tried so far. Especially the mint chocolate is absolutely amazing.

thanks for this, I'm actually heading out after work to pick some up today! any idea of the regular price (at metro or elsewhere?)
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    @Muscleflex79
    I bought mine at Metro yesterday at $3.99 on sale. I know Walmart has them too at $5.99 and Breyers at $4.99. But these two are worth it for me even at full price so I will go back for more.

I'm afraid that sale may be over now - it had been in the flyers, but not for this week (starting today). going anyway to see what I can get. will definitely grab the mint thanks to your recommendation!
  • Muscleflex79
    Options
    none at metro - only a couple versions of the old one left at full price :-(
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Mint2018-420x420.png

CocoChoc2018-1-420x420.png

Tried both.

MUCH MUCH better than HaloTop anything I tried so far. Especially the mint chocolate is absolutely amazing.

I agree. I think the CoolWay has a more genuine dairy taste and feel to it and I love the flavours I've tried so far except the Vanilla Bean. That one didn't do it for me. The Salted Caramel is mellower in sweetness than HT. I'm waiting for the Blueberry Waffle Crisp to hit the shelves.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Tried these for the first time today. Not bad for 90 calories - pretty creamy texture. I was hoping for a stronger lemon flavour but it hit the spot regardless. (sorry for the huge photos - not sure how to downsize them)

3xh4027okbq9.jpg
    b5sg8edcp8sy.jpg

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    3362257_2.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png
    Lactose-free : don't know why they put it on the back in small print... that info is HUGE for people who love dairy but it bothers their tummy. More protein per spoonful than Greek yogurt and less tart taste. Macro heaven!