Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Ooh... what sort of price are we looking at? :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Can't find it on their website.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I don't live in Canada...but if I did...
    I would eat Kit Kat 70 Dark bars ALL...DAY...LONG.
    They seem to have them in every gas station/airport/grocery store in Canada...I don't know why I can't find them in the U.S. (although that's probably a good thing for me).

and Kinder Eggs, Canada has Kinder Eggs :)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    AND - in case you haven't heard, coolwhey must have been *kitten* themselves knowing that Halotop was coming so they have now revamped all their products and come out with 7 new flavors that are at or under 360 calories per pint (they were 600 per pint prior).

It is a happy day for protein ice cream lovers in Canada!!!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Can't find it on their website.

Check the flyer, at least in ON.

nitsj985mfbd.png

Little box says Not sold in my area.
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    and Kinder Eggs, Canada has Kinder Eggs :)

Not sure that's something to be proud of... ;)

(As the British comedian Bill Bailey called them, "The Eggs of Numbing Inevitability".)
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Saw a whole bunch at Metro yesterday $6.99 reg and $5.99 on sale. The pint size, well, its a pint size. Same as cool whey. I will go back today to buy one and try. But at this crazy price will most likely not re-buy. I mean, I can get the same "fake" ice cream from Breyers at the very same calories per serving and only pay $2.99 for 2L box. I dont care about the protein being there or not at all.

HT18_PackShot-Mock-SeasaltCaramel-011718cg.png?format=300w

I agree - as much as I like the stuff (both cool whey and halo top), it is hard to justify paying 6x the price of other ice creams (pints regularly go on sale of smarties, rolo, chips ahoy that taste delicious and have only been a bit more than 400 calories per pint - which up until now was less than cool whey).
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree the price is fairly steep comparatively, however regular price at Kroger is 5.99USD so it’s not too bad not in that sense. Now I just don’t need to cross the border when I want some.
    Saw a whole bunch at Metro yesterday $6.99 reg and $5.99 on sale. The pint size, well, its a pint size. Same as cool whey. I will go back today to buy one and try. But at this crazy price will most likely not re-buy. I mean, I can get the same "fake" ice cream from Breyers at the very same calories per serving and only pay $2.99 for 2L box. I dont care about the protein being there or not at all.

HT18_PackShot-Mock-SeasaltCaramel-011718cg.png?format=300w

• KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Halo Top in Vancouver

No Frills West Broadway
    Safeway North Van
    Save ON Foods Burnaby

I'm in Victoria and on of the Thrifty's list as having it.

• Tacklewasher
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record, but

qse2balg7752.png

Seriously. None of this low cal stuff in the entire Okanagan???? I set it to 50 miles for range.
  • konpeitopill
    konpeitopill Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I stopped by Metro at lunch and purchased HT Vanilla Bean, Caramel Machiatto, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I wanted to get Mint Chocolate Chip but I didn't see any :(. I'll consider purchasing in the future if I can get through these pints first. I've only tried CoolWhey Chocolate Chip and did not like it at all (still sitting in my fridge). Hopefully these will be okay...

I should've just purchased one lol. I don't eat much ice cream but the hype was real.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Maybe move? Actually nahhhhh dont move, not worth it haha :)

Ohh. Move from the wonderful wine country to Mississauga. I'll get right on that........

:)
  • konpeitopill
    Options
    Thats cause Cool Whey chocolate is horrible. Coconut or salted caramel :)
    After the HT, I'll consider getting the coconut then :). The chocolate was so chocolate-y but didn't leave any chocolate aftertaste. It was strange and confusing.

By any chance have you tried the Breyers yet? It's stocked at a Walmart 5 mins from where I live but I have too much ice cream on hand already
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    stopped and got the peanutbutter swirl halo top. was so excited to see it. 675 ish total on sale. Would rebuy if i REALLY craved bulk icecream, but honestly wasnt THAT impressed. The parts that got melty tasted creamier but first bite was watery. And im easily pleased. Was yummy as i ate it but done fast and i can just buy an icecream cone for like 3$ same calories and it has the cone and caramel or chocolate toppings. I like toppings. Was sad there wasnt like chocolate chunks or something im a chunky icecream person lol

edit: in future i think ill add like 1$ to a jar everytime i go to the gym and maybe have a halo top treat once every few weeks or something maybe. Maybe. Id like to try all the flavors just because hypeness. Im a sucker for hypness. I mean, I have waited years afterall :p iv also yet to find the breyers one
  • konpeitopill
    Options
    Tried the Vanilla Bean and I liked it! It was really creamy (I think I thawed it too much). The first two bites were a little strange but it grew on me. Probably won't be eating more than 1/4th-1/3rd at a time though as I'm already feeling a bit gassy...
    156ldhcbqqtl.png

If anyone is interested in Starbucks, they have new Teavana Tea Lattes. Going to try the Blossoming Rose one tomorrow... because it's pink :blush:
  • SueSueDio
    Options
    Seriously. None of this low cal stuff in the entire Okanagan???? I set it to 50 miles for range.

Same here - apparently there's no store selling Halo Top within 100 miles of either Calgary or Edmonton. We'll just convince ourselves it's not worth the hype anyway, huh? :)
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »

Same here - apparently there's no store selling Halo Top within 100 miles of either Calgary or Edmonton. We'll just convince ourselves it's not worth the hype anyway, huh? :)

We can find a filthy alternative :)
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Annoyingly the website says they sell Halo Top at my local grocery, but when I went yesterday there was none.
  • zeldon919
    zeldon919 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I’ve recently discovered Boom Chicka Popcorn. Good flavours, none of that weird stale texture that a lot of bagged popcorns have, and a generous serving is only 100 cal and change.