Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,577 Member Member Posts: 1,577 Member
    I was in B.C. recently and had Olympic Krema yogurt for the first time. Holy God, that was amazing! Can't get it in the U.S. apparently, which is probably a good thing for my waistline. I would eat that stuff NON-freaking-STOP.

Also, my beloved dark chocolate Kit Kats were hard to find in B.C. (finally found some), but they are plentiful in Eastern Canada.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,189 Member Member Posts: 9,189 Member
    I was in B.C. recently and had Olympic Krema yogurt for the first time. Holy God, that was amazing! Can't get it in the U.S. apparently, which is probably a good thing for my waistline. I would eat that stuff NON-freaking-STOP.

Also, my beloved dark chocolate Kit Kats were hard to find in B.C. (finally found some), but they are plentiful in Eastern Canada.

I have said it once and will say it again. You send me Halo Top tubs and I will send you Americans all the candy bar you want.
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,577 Member Member Posts: 1,577 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

I have said it once and will say it again. You send me Halo Top tubs and I will send you Americans all the candy bar you want.

I guess it's all about wanting what we can't have, right?
    If you had easy access to Halo Top, you might not think it's so great (I think it's overrated).
    If I could buy dark chocolate Kit Kats anywhere, they probably wouldn't be too special anymore.
  • inertiastrengthinertiastrength Member Posts: 2,346 Member Member Posts: 2,346 Member
    I just tried the NuPasta. I was hesitant because I heard shiritake noodles sucked and it looks similar. I have to say i am really impressed! I rinsed it in cold water and then cooked it quickly to heat with my marinara on the stove top and it was great. The only thing I didn't like was with traditional pasta I boil it in salty water to make it taste better "inside" and obviously you can't with this cause it's pre-cooked so I found myself adding a lot of salt.
    edited August 2017
  • alves_patriciaalves_patricia Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    @tishawj Where did you find the calorie info for the Black Fly booze?

It's on the package IIRC !

I'm not Canadian...but am here frequently on business. Discovered Chapman's no sugar added ice cream bars and cornets. I was a little leery because of the maltitol but the cornets were very tasty and no GI distress to speak of!

I always check & compare the ice cream tubs (pretty disappointing versus what you can find in the US) but never the rest ! I'll examine that, thanks !

Nope its not. Regardless, bought packs of cramberry, long island, margarita and punch. Tried them all last weekend. Amazing and not sweet. Will be picking up more for the cottage and the long weekend coming up :)

Nope its not. Regardless, bought packs of cramberry, long island, margarita and punch. Tried them all last weekend. Amazing and not sweet. Will be picking up more for the cottage and the long weekend coming up :)

Oops sorry, found it in the database and it seemed legit ! And wow you get so many flavours ! I can only find the grapefruit & lemonade ones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/black-fly-vodka-grapefruit-384605193
    edited August 2017

Oops sorry, found it in the database and it seemed legit ! And wow you get so many flavours ! I can only find the grapefruit & lemonade ones.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/black-fly-vodka-grapefruit-384605193

Yea but this entry is just someone deciding to put it in. Means nothing. I read lots of posts about them being 100cal but no real proof. Not even on their website, which is weird and it should be there.

LCBO in Ontario. I was actually upset they only had 4 flavours, and did not have the sample 24 pack they show on the website.
    edited August 2017
  • zeldon919zeldon919 Member Posts: 118 Member Member Posts: 118 Member
    The
    I want to try and find a low calorie, tasty bread. There is lots of options if you are in the US but here? Anything besides Weight Watchers that we can buy? And I am not talking about two slices at 50g total for a serving. Cause almost any bread can be that. I am talking about proper serving.

I like Bon Matin bread. Most are 110cal per slice, but some are 110-160cal for 2 slices. It's in the normal bread section.

It's proper full sized slices of bread, not teensy nothing's like WW bread. I also like that there's no (or far less than most) added nonsense.
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    The
    I want to try and find a low calorie, tasty bread. There is lots of options if you are in the US but here? Anything besides Weight Watchers that we can buy? And I am not talking about two slices at 50g total for a serving. Cause almost any bread can be that. I am talking about proper serving.

I like Bon Matin bread. Most are 110cal per slice, but some are 110-160cal for 2 slices. It's in the normal bread section.

It's proper full sized slices of bread, not teensy nothing's like WW bread. I also like that there's no (or far less than most) added nonsense.

Thanx but these are still at 2-clices 50g at 110 cal and there is loads of options like this.
  • bbonthebbbontheb Member Posts: 718 Member Member Posts: 718 Member
    I just tried Natrel Lactose-free simply strawbery icecream for those who can't have regular dairy/icecream. It was really good! 150cals for 125ml and comes in 473ml tub. AKA almost one splurgey serving haha
    bbontheb wrote: »
    I just tried Natrel Lactose-free simply strawbery icecream for those who can't have regular dairy/icecream. It was really good! 150cals for 125ml and comes in 473ml tub. AKA almost one splurgey serving haha

There are better options out there for lactose free and lower calories to boot ;)

There are better options out there for lactose free and lower calories to boot ;)

The only other kind I normally see is Chapman's I believe and it has malitol in it (bad for those on a low Fodmap diet for stomach issues). I was happy with this kind due to the lack of xylitol/malitol :) Can you suggest any other kinds? I am willing to try other ones for sure! Plus if they have a salted caramel type one...mmmm

I am fairly new to lactose-free products so if you know of any other decent items please share. I find our local grocery stores lacking but I can ask for items to be brought in.

The only other kind I normally see is Chapman's I believe and it has malitol in it (bad for those on a low Fodmap diet for stomach issues). I was happy with this kind due to the lack of xylitol/malitol :) Can you suggest any other kinds? I am willing to try other ones for sure! Plus if they have a salted caramel type one...mmmm

Ask the store to get you this.
    510-113749-LactoseFree_Vanilla_300x300.jpg
  • AngryViking1970AngryViking1970 Member Posts: 2,816 Member Member Posts: 2,816 Member
    Dear Neighbors to the North: So, the Viking fam is making a quick trip to Toronto this week to watch the Yankees beat on the Blue Jays. Heh. If I was to purchase one "product of interest", what should it be?
  • Muscleflex79Muscleflex79 Member Posts: 1,877 Member Member Posts: 1,877 Member
    Dear Neighbors to the North: So, the Viking fam is making a quick trip to Toronto this week to watch the Yankees beat on the Blue Jays. Heh. If I was to purchase one "product of interest", what should it be?

chocolate chip Cool Whey ice cream gets my vote!

Ohhhh please please please tell me you can bring in pints of Halo Top. PLEASE!!!!
    I am very VERY serious.