Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,151 Member Member Posts: 9,151 Member
    ProdImage_CurriedCauli_Eng.png

Highly recommend this. How much do I like it? So much so that when Amazon had the prime days and had these at $0.88 per can, I bought a box of them, 24 cans. Love it during the fall and winter. Clean, simple and no thinking involved. Just add more veggies or protein to your liking. The above is my absolute fav and I tried all these flavours.
    This is a frozen dessert. Its young coconut sherbet frozen in a shell. Found it at my local Asian T&T. It is absolutely amazing!!!! Find it!!!!

0841466000612.jpg
  • marelthumarelthu Member Posts: 184 Member Member Posts: 184 Member
    I just tried the NuPasta. I was hesitant because I heard shiritake noodles sucked and it looks similar. I have to say i am really impressed! I rinsed it in cold water and then cooked it quickly to heat with my marinara on the stove top and it was great. The only thing I didn't like was with traditional pasta I boil it in salty water to make it taste better "inside" and obviously you can't with this cause it's pre-cooked so I found myself adding a lot of salt.

I have the shiritake noodles regularly and they're pretty good.
  • EJBarnerEJBarner Member Posts: 68 Member Member Posts: 68 Member
    I just had Cool Whey ice cream for the first time! I'm on Vancouver Island in BC and I've either nevwr noticed it before or it's a recent addition here. We got the salted caramel and it was incredible; slightly 'butterscotch ripple' in flavour, but so creamy and luxurious and yummy! It's a touch pricey at $7.80, but so are most other pints of ice cream and it was SO worth it as a treat.

So excited!! I'm not used to having trendy products here to try!!
  • Muscleflex79Muscleflex79 Member Posts: 1,877 Member Member Posts: 1,877 Member
    EJBarner wrote: »
    I just had Cool Whey ice cream for the first time! I'm on Vancouver Island in BC and I've either nevwr noticed it before or it's a recent addition here. We got the salted caramel and it was incredible; slightly 'butterscotch ripple' in flavour, but so creamy and luxurious and yummy! It's a touch pricey at $7.80, but so are most other pints of ice cream and it was SO worth it as a treat.

So excited!! I'm not used to having trendy products here to try!!

it is great, isn't it...I love the chocolate chip...not sure about your prices in BC, but in Ontario it has been going on sale for 4.99 at Metro, Longos, Freshco so I stock up then!
  • zeldon919zeldon919 Member Posts: 118 Member Member Posts: 118 Member
    Thanks for the Cool Whey review. I almost bought it yesterday but it was too expensive to chance.

What flavours do you recommend?
  • Muscleflex79Muscleflex79 Member Posts: 1,877 Member Member Posts: 1,877 Member
    zeldon919 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Cool Whey review. I almost bought it yesterday but it was too expensive to chance.

Chocolate chip is by far my favorite....vanilla is really good as well, as is salted caramel - just wish there was more caramel in it - usually there is just a blob at the bottom -but still get a bit of the flavor throughout.

the only one I've tried that I would not buy again is the chocolate sport (60g protein)...not that it was bad, just tasted like a basic chocolate and was a bit more chewier - different texture than the 40g containers. I wanted to try the mint chocolate chip but it wasn't in stock..when I asked the store employee about that one she said it wasn't the greatest anyway, but really taste all comes down to personal preference so I'd still like to try that one.
    zeldon919 wrote: »

I like the salter caramel. But I stopped buying it. Too $$$$ and the macros arent the best.
    What I do now is buy 100cal / 0.5cup vanilla ice cream, usually Breyer's. Wait until it softenes a bit and drizzle with Walden Farms salted caramel. Mix that in and place into the freezer to set. Love it.
    Green Giant now offers mashed and rices veggies. Including this cauliflower. Except that the calories in this mess are equivalent to a proper mashed potato. So they failed to realize why people do the mashed cauliflower to begin with.
    Jessica-Spellman-GG_MASH_-Cauliflower_HZ_FP.png
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Green Giant now offers mashed and rices veggies. Including this cauliflower. Except that the calories in this mess are equivalent to a proper mashed potato. So they failed to realize why people do the mashed cauliflower to begin with.
    Jessica-Spellman-GG_MASH_-Cauliflower_HZ_FP.png

I saw this and googled it - reviews are very unkind. Apparently the texture is awful, very liquid.

I like the salter caramel. But I stopped buying it. Too $$$$ and the macros arent the best.
    What I do now is buy 100cal / 0.5cup vanilla ice cream, usually Breyer's. Wait until it softenes a bit and drizzle with Walden Farms salted caramel. Mix that in and place into the freezer to set. Love it.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find the salted caramel or chocolate chip cool whey.

Another thing I've done is mix plain Greek yogurt with a pudding cup, then freeze it a bit to thicken and get very cold. Creamy, not too sweet and with a little tang. I've tried chocolate and butterscotch and both were delicious.
  • bbonthebbbontheb Member Posts: 718 Member Member Posts: 718 Member
    Oooh thank you for all the new suggestions. I think I need that salted caramel. nom nom.

I bought some little meringue cookies at Save On Foods in a plastic tub. Come in lemon, strawberry, orange, vanilla, etc. About $4.99. Anyhow, the lemon tastes just like lemon meringue pie. For 6 small ones it's about 45 calories! Super nice light treat. I really would like to try to make these on my own and try neat flavours.

• barbaraprudhommebarbaraprudhomme Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12 Member
    This is such a great thread!! Cheecha puffs are amazing - the salted caramel ones take care of my sweet cravings. PC Skyr is a go to for me. I haven't found Halo Top, but Cool Whey is available in Sobeys and Metro!
  • bbonthebbbontheb Member Posts: 718 Member Member Posts: 718 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Oooh thank you for all the new suggestions. I think I need that salted caramel. nom nom.

I bought some little meringue cookies at Save On Foods in a plastic tub. Come in lemon, strawberry, orange, vanilla, etc. About $4.99. Anyhow, the lemon tastes just like lemon meringue pie. For 6 small ones it's about 45 calories! Super nice light treat. I really would like to try to make these on my own and try neat flavours.

Those are stupid easy to make. There is really nothing to this.
    Carton of egg whites whipped with zero calorie sweetener, pipe on a baking sheet and bake. For $5 this will make you 100s of those little meringues that you can freeze or keep in the fridge and they will stay good for weeks.

Well, I think I might have a new thing to try when our kitchen is a bit cooler. Still super hot and hate cooking/baking with a gas stove. I didn't realize I could use sweetener. Now I'm really excited to try them out. Thanks for the tips! Anyone want to suggest some good flavour combinations?

Those are stupid easy to make. There is really nothing to this.
    Carton of egg whites whipped with zero calorie sweetener, pipe on a baking sheet and bake. For $5 this will make you 100s of those little meringues that you can freeze or keep in the fridge and they will stay good for weeks.

Well, I think I might have a new thing to try when our kitchen is a bit cooler. Still super hot and hate cooking/baking with a gas stove. I didn't realize I could use sweetener. Now I'm really excited to try them out. Thanks for the tips! Anyone want to suggest some good flavour combinations?

PB2 chocolate :)
    Vanilla flavoured sweetener etc.
    Whatever you like.

Or make a pavlova and simply top with whipped cream and fruit.
    Pick these up at Whole Foods. They are amazing :)

detail-conventional-goji.png