Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    3362257_2.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png
    Lactose-free : don't know why they put it on the back in small print... that info is HUGE for people who love dairy but it bothers their tummy. More protein per spoonful than Greek yogurt and less tart taste. Macro heaven!

That extra protein comes with extra calories you know that right?

Yup, I'm good with that. Protein makes me feel full.
  • Nancela
    Nancela Posts: 78 Member
    I buy Suzie's Organic Thin Cakes which are made with brown rice and quinoa. These are at Costco. They are so good with cheese, peanut butter, etc. Happy to see a Canadian thread.
  • Nancela
    I really enjoy the Subway Chopped Salad. I get the lettuce, tomato, cucumber and cheese with turkey and oil and vinegar dressing. Only 300 calories. Delicious and filling and you can pick your own toppings just like you do for the subs.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,719 Member
    Speaking of McD's. Have they added a calorie count to their menus across the country? I know it is law in Ontario, but I noticed it on the menu board this weekend in BC.

McDonald's has calorie count in Alberta now too.
  • Nancela
    edited March 2018
    What about https://halotop.ca/

They sell Halo Top at the Real Canadian Superstore in Winnipeg. Go to this site and find the stores that carry it in your city.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    3362257_2.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png
    Lactose-free : don't know why they put it on the back in small print... that info is HUGE for people who love dairy but it bothers their tummy. More protein per spoonful than Greek yogurt and less tart taste. Macro heaven!

That extra protein comes with extra calories you know that right?

Yup, I'm good with that. Protein makes me feel full.

I think the Skyr has only 110 calories per 175 g, no? That's on par with the 0% Kirkland Greek yogurt I buy (100 cals per 175 g)
  • serioussailor
    serioussailor Posts: 1 Member
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    I love this thread but also find it rather depressing. I am in Victoria and am having a very hard time finding any of these products :(

Did you find them yet? Now that the novelty is wearing off, I found Save on foods usually has some in stock. In fact I just bought some today
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Nancela wrote: »
    What about https://halotop.ca/

They sell Halo Top at the Real Canadian Superstore in Winnipeg. Go to this site and find the stores that carry it in your city.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10648901/halo-top-now-in-canada/p1

:D
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

Does it get any more Canadian than this?
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

I just bought some of these but I haven’t tried them yet. The gingerbread flavour at Christmas was really boring, so I’m hoping this one is better.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

I found something pretty darn Canadian this morning, although it's not a food product... ;) It was on the Tim Hortons website... the "EHmoji keyboard"!

wnco0xuoaed6.jpg
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    For anyone interested, I tried the new chocolate chip cool way yesterday (320 calories per pint instead of 600 that the old one was). incredibly, it tasted exactly the same to me minus the fact it had less chocolate chips in it. unfortunately they didn't have the mint chip one so I'll need to go looking elsewhere for that one!
  • Birder165
    For anyone interested, I tried the new chocolate chip cool way yesterday (320 calories per pint instead of 600 that the old one was). incredibly, it tasted exactly the same to me minus the fact it had less chocolate chips in it. unfortunately they didn't have the mint chip one so I'll need to go looking elsewhere for that one!

Once my Halo Top stash is depleted, I'll definitely be switching over to CoolWay. I really liked the flavors I tried, except for the vanilla bean. The chocolate chip was really rich tasting. It doesn't hurt that it's cheaper, too.
  • Muscleflex79
    Metro right now has an airmiles promotion going on - redeem 95 and get 50 miles back! Great way to stock up on these otherwise pricey items!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Can't find the Cool Whey, but just killed a half pint of the Breyers Delight. Less calories, cheaper and definitely very tasty. Like it more than the Peanut butter Halo top for sure.
  • Birder165
    Can't find the Cool Whey, but just killed a half pint of the Breyers Delight. Less calories, cheaper and definitely very tasty. Like it more than the Peanut butter Halo top for sure.

I found some Breyers delight at Shoppers yesterday. Chocolate and Cookies & Cream. I thought they were tasty, too. Look for CoolWay. Same company as Cool Whey but much less calories. Here in Ontario, I found it at Walmart for $4.97. I guess it was on sale last week for $3.99 but I missed it.

What flavour of the Breyers did you try?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Birder165 wrote: »

I found some Breyers delight at Shoppers yesterday. Chocolate and Cookies & Cream. I thought they were tasty, too. Look for CoolWay. Same company as Cool Whey but much less calories. Here in Ontario, I found it at Walmart for $4.97. I guess it was on sale last week for $3.99 but I missed it.

What flavour of the Breyers did you try?

I tried the Chocolate Breyers delights. Biggest surprise was the 6g of fiber per serving. I have 3 1/2 tubs of Halo top, a partial package of Maple nutty something and a new package of Neapolitan to eat before I spend more money on others ones.

I bought way more than I would normally eat, so this could be a while. My wife can't touch dairy so it's all on me.
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Did you find them yet? Now that the novelty is wearing off, I found Save on foods usually has some in stock. In fact I just bought some today

I found Halo Top at Whole Foods ($10 per "pint"), Fairway always has a good amount of zero/low calorie noodles which I buy quite often.

I am REALLY looking forward to the new low calorie Cool Whey which I believe Whole Foods and Popeye's will get.

I will keep my eye out for more fun stuff. I guess things just take longer to find their way into our stores.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    I bought these at Maxi grocery store (I think they are affiliated with Loblaws) and these are amazing if you dunk them in tea and if you love coconut. So delicious.
    voortman-coconut-cookies.jpg?ic=92
  • Muscleflex79
    PSA.... at Wallmart regular price $3.97 Fantastic!!!!!

Mint2018-420x420.png

regular price?? that is crazy good! I paid a lot more than that at metro in the past - those days are over now! (still haven't tried the mint chip, but looking forward to it based on your recommendation)