Products of Interest: CANADIAN Edition

Options

Replies

• Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Birder165 wrote: »
    My local Freshco wouldn't accept the internet coupon I printed off for the Laughing Cow cheese. :(

WTF??? Complain to manager and email Laughing Cow.

It was the manager who confirmed that they don't accept them. It says right on the coupon to be aware that retailers aren't required to accept internet coupons. (I didn't read it until afterward)

How did you make out with yours?
  • Birder165
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    My local Freshco wouldn't accept the internet coupon I printed off for the Laughing Cow cheese. :(

I remember in one of my cool whey coupons, it said in small writing that they grocery store had a right to refuse the coupon, maybe that one had the same in small print?

Yup, correct. I didn't read it until afterwards. Oh well. I'll try another store. I was bummed out, though.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Superstore wouldn’t accept a printed coupon once, so I printed it again on glossy brochure paper so it looked like a real coupon and they accepted it.
  • Birder165
    Options

It was the manager who confirmed that they don't accept them. It says right on the coupon to be aware that retailers aren't required to accept internet coupons. (I didn't read it until afterward)

How did you make out with yours?

Used 3 at the same time at food basics last night. Tastes pretty good!!

You lucky son of a gun! I'll have to try at Food Basics.

I'm glad you like it. I thought it tasted pretty good. It scratches the itch. :)
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Superstore wouldn’t accept a printed coupon once, so I printed it again on glossy brochure paper so it looked like a real coupon and they accepted it.

Oh that is so awesome. Good job! lol
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

Does it get any more Canadian than this?

I bought these the other day, it was more like "Meh". Nothing fantastic, I wouldn't buy it again.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

I bought these the other day, it was more like "Meh". Nothing fantastic, I wouldn't buy it again.

just make your own with maple extract and sweetner. Goes really well with vanilla
  • Birder165
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

just make your own with maple extract and sweetner. Goes really well with vanilla
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

I'm definitely in the make your own flavoured yogurt camp. What's really nice is you get a much larger serving for the calories, too. BTW, rum extract is delicious! :p
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

I'm definitely in the make your own flavoured yogurt camp. What's really nice is you get a much larger serving for the calories, too. BTW, rum extract is delicious! :p

so is caramel ;D Also as weird as it sounds cocoa powder and pepermint extract especially when blended with frozen yogurt
  • fb47
    Options
    If you like coconut like I do, this one is really good.
    IMG_6220.jpg
  • Birder165
    Options
    6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

6h2z7xezkzia.jpg

so is caramel ;D Also as weird as it sounds cocoa powder and pepermint extract especially when blended with frozen yogurt

Oh, I'll have to try that!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Anyone in the GTA been able to find the Kirkland Signature protein bars recently? I went to 2 separate Costcos in the west end of TO today, and was told they'd been pulled from the floor due to "packaging issues".
  • Birder165
    Options
    Anyone in the GTA been able to find the Kirkland Signature protein bars recently? I went to 2 separate Costcos in the west end of TO today, and was told they'd been pulled from the floor due to "packaging issues".

I read on another page that they have to re-label their packaging and that the bars will return in a couple of weeks or so.
  • Birder165
    Options
    My grocery store is having a sale of this starting Thursday, anyone tried it?
    cookie_cream_e_675x675.png

Found it at Food Basics! Tried a half cup of Creamy Caramel and a half cup of Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Won't be buying any HaloTop again. I'll be sticking with CoolWay and Goodnorth. The Creamy Caramel was especially good with good blobs of caramel throughout.
  • fb47
    Options

Found it at Food Basics! Tried a half cup of Creamy Caramel and a half cup of Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Won't be buying any HaloTop again. I'll be sticking with CoolWay and Goodnorth. The Creamy Caramel was especially good with good blobs of caramel throughout.

My grocery didn't even have that product despite advertising it on the flyers...and when I say they didn't have the product, I mean it as not even carrying it so I couldn't even try it :(
  • Birder165
    Options

Saw it at Metro the other day. Passed it for CoolWay, but will pick up next time im in.

The creamy caramel was ++ better than the fudge brownie. CoolWay chocolate chocolate chip is better, imo. I want to try the cookies & cream next but I'll wait for a sale.
  • Birder165
    Options

Tried this last night. Sorry but out of all the ones from HT or CW that I have tried, this is absolute garbage to me. I took few spoons and threw it out to the sink. Nothing about it was proper. Not the taste nor the texture. Will for sure not be buying any of this again. The one I have tried was Mocha flavour, and I love anything coffee.

Oh, that's too bad! I loved the creamy caramel but was so-so on the chocolate fudge brownie. (I do prefer the CoolWay better when it comes to chocolate) I didn't try the flavour you tested but mocha isn't my favourite.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to try the Mint Chip Cool Way and while it is good, I still prefer the halo top mint chip (half the cost on sale though compared to halo top - can't beat that!)
  • fb47
    Options
    Highly recommend. I bought all 4 flavours and so far tried these two. Both VERY good. Also excellent price with Checkout51 coupons. Throw it in the IP add 1 3/4 cups water or stock and hit rice button, NR and done. Mix in veggies of choice and "saute" for couple minutes.

fop_-_068400000280-995466-png.png.ulenscale.507x507.png

fop_-_068400000259-995401-png.png.ulenscale.507x507.png

What are the nutrional facts (aka macros) for them? I'll have to see if my grocery store carries them.
  • fb47
    Options

Yea, both of them are my top choice and they cost much less than Halo Top or Breyers. My grocery stores sometimes have sales on them.