Date     Miles      MTD
    ------   -----    -------
    May 04     5.1        5.1
    May 05     5.1       10.2

exercise.png
  • AlursaMarie
    AlursaMarie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sadly it's extremely rainy here as it's impossible to get any running done. Crossing my fingers I'll get some running in at the beginning of next week.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Glad your back is (hopefully) back in the game @kristinegift! I am admittedly terrified of chiropractors, you're better than me!

@JessicaMcB I've never been to a chiropractor because having someone pop my spine seems a bit scary, but desperate times call for desperate measures! There was no way I could have worked my SI back into place myself so a professional was necessary. I was definitely nervous though!

@juliet3455 Putting some shoes through their paces this weekend, I hope!! Watch out!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    5/1- 8.1
    5/2- 4.6
    5/3-9
    5/4- REST
    5/5- 5.7

Total: 27.4

May Goal: Get through most of the last 5 weeks before taper healthy
    Nominal mileage goal: 220 Miles.

Today's notes: Today's assignment was 5 miles and 4 strides. I actually ran 5.1 miles and it felt good. total time was 48:36, for an average pace of 9:31. This was a bit fast, and my HR data confirmed that, with an average HR of 154, which put my average just barely in the E range. This was probably because I turned off m fast pace alert, and just ran by breath count, 6 in, 6 out, for the 90% of the run, and 6 in 4 out on one slightly steeper uphill. This run felt pretty good, though I'll probably be turning the pace alert back on for tomorrow's 19 miler.

Strides were strides, nothing really exciting, ran 4x0.1mi strides with 1 minute rest in between, and they felt good.

Have a Runderful day all!

2017 Races
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon (Full!)
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon (full)
    10/21 Wild Duluth 50k<- yeah, I'm crazy enough to go for it
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey Trot
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ - sorry about your knee! It is definitely no good talking to your coworkers about running issues if they aren't runners. I try to not talk about it at all except in here, and my few "in person" running friends. Even the hard core cyclists I ride with always say running is bad for the knees. So I don't mention it. Luckily there are some cyclists who are triathletes so I can chat with them!

Rest day for me. It worked out well because it was thundering and lightning this morning. I don't like running only 3x a week because I can't get my mileage very high with that number of runs. But if I want to rest one day a week, strength train 2x a week and cycle 3x a week I have to double up on some days. But I know I have some weekends when I can't cycle so I can run an extra day then.

5/1 - 4 miles + strength training
    5/2 - 3.5 miles
    5/3 - 21 miles cycling
    5/4 - 5 miles + strength training
    5/5 - rest day

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @garygse I saw that run time on Strava and was, at first, convinced that it was an error! That's some major dedication there! Great run!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Great to see so many people joining in!

@wishiwasarunner - I think you're doing great by keeping focused on returning yet being slow and cautious. It took me about 6 weeks of no running and a month of short runs to get back into running before I felt good about running again after the fall season that had my first full marathons.

Now I'm wondering why the hell I signed myself up to repeat that insanity this fall?!?! I definitely recall never feeling so tired in my life!!

@garygse - You are cranking out some incredible mileage! :smile: Do you have any target events in mind? Your training looks like a build for an ultra.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I have an acquaintance who is looking into virtual 5ks. I've never done any virtual races but was wondering if anyone here had any favorites that I could share with her? Thank you!!!
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 5.1 miles. Fizzled a bit at the end of April, but good start to May.
    5/2 - 4.1 miles of track/speed work. Then quick upper body weights.
    5/3 - 5 miles. Nice, comfortable run.
    5/4 - Rest day.
    5/5 - 5 miles. Beautiful morning!
    exercise.png
  • tloliphant
    tloliphant Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tloliphant wrote: »
    I'm in!
    5/2 5.52 miles
    5/3 5.0 miles
    5/4 5.0 miles
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Thanks, and good luck with your long run tomorrow!

@WhatMeRunning I have the Long Beach Marathon in October...yeah, it's a long ways off I know, but as I already had longer runs under my belt already, I figured it would be better to build on that and get more 20-milers in over the summer. Every four weeks or so, I'll cut back and take a rest week, and then get back on it.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    2---3.11
    4---5.16

So funny- I have a migraine. I can't think at all. I forget words. talking is too fast, I don't understand. TV is impossible to follow. Like Parmesan.. I mean, it seems like it's odd. Its it a real word? DH offered to take me to the hospital. Nah, I'll take some meds, shower and nap. DD got mail and I can't tell u what it is. Ya know. The thing u get from the bank so u can buy stuff. The little thing. A card but not a game like a thing like Uhhh. Uh dun no? Haha! Funny. My poor brain thing. Idk what it's called.

10th-15th in Georgia.

8.27/50+

UPCOMING RACES

May 27- XTERRA Rock Dallas Trail Run. 5k.
    July 8- XTERRA Jurassic Trail Run, 5K.  Glen Rose,TX
    Dec 2- POOP trail run, Hoping for a half! Norman OK.

Ok. It's a DEBIT CARD not to be confused with (which I was) a deck of cards. All better now.
  • hesfeld
    hesfeld Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 hope your head is feeling back to normal! I had a migraine smack me last night and I'm pretty sure a fever/body aches. Not too sure what it was

I just joined a new gym this week which finally has everything I've been looking for. A heated, salt water therapy pool, indoor track, spin class, etc. My HR has been elevated, so I did water aerobics last night as cross training, when it was supposed to be a run day. If you all have taught me anything, it's listen to my body. Maybe tonight I will attempt a run if I have zero signs of a headache, if not, oh well. I think I've read @MobyCarp say it before that you always have the rest of your life to run and not to push it into injury, so that's what is carrying me through.

Hope everyone has a good Cinco de Mayo!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 4.6 run + 4.8 walk
    5/2 - 1.0 run + 7.1 walk
    5/3 - 5.1 run + 3.9 walk
    5/4 - 0.0 run + 5.1 walk
    5/5 - 5.2 run + (to be determined)

Totals so far - 15.9 run + 20.9 walk = 36.8 miles

At about 2.5 miles in, I started getting a niggle in my right glute which radiated down my leg to the back of my knee. Same side as the hip problems, so I wonder if it's related. I stretched it out and kept going. It seems okay now, just a little stiff in the glute/top of the hamstring area. Looks like I have a date with the foam roller tonight.

No sign of rain for a few days, so it looks like I'll have a nice weekend for a long run (but not too long).

Happy Friday!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 5 miles
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles
    5/4 - rest day
    5/5 - 2 miles

15 of 60 miles

exercise.png

show notes: just a 2 miler to keep my legs moving - Skip and I have an 8K tomorrow.

100 new posts - I'll be back!!!

Races:

5/6 - Steeple Chase 8K
    5/13 - Technicolor 5K
    5/29 - Cotton Row 10K

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I have an acquaintance who is looking into virtual 5ks. I've never done any virtual races but was wondering if anyone here had any favorites that I could share with her? Thank you!!!

I've done a few virtual races. My favorite so far was the Beat the Blerch 5k (you can also do 10k, HM or full). http://www.beattheblerch.com

Here are a few other sites for finding virtual races:
    https://www.virtualstrides.com/races/
    http://www.virtualrunevents.com/
    Or just Google "virtual races" and it'll bring up a whole bunch of stuff.