Replies

• springtimez
    springtimez Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    05/03-- 2 miles
    05/05--2 miles
    05/07--3 miles
    05/08--3 miles

Total 10 miles so far. Planning to do the Boston Half-Marathon and a couple others this fall!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    5/2-3 miles
    5/5-2 miles
    5/7-3 miles
    5/8-4 miles

Total-12/65miles

exercise.png
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat and @_nikkiwolf_ Love the race reports! Sounds like you both had a marvelous time and finished strong!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 5 miles
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles
    5/4 - rest day
    5/5 - 2 miles
    5/6 - 5 miles - Steeple Chase 8K
    5/7 - rest day
    5/8 - 5 miles
    5/9 - 3 miles

28 of 60 miles

exercise.png

This mornings 3 miles was big time sucky from the minute I stepped out the door. Awesome weather, but my quads are still talking to me and I was just exhausted. My heart rate kept going way up and I was having a hard time catching my breath. Forced myself to go a way that will make me have to get in 3 miles before heading home. :smile: ugh! Oh well tomorrow is another day

Upcoming races:

5/6 - Steeple Chase 8K - done
    5/13 - Technicolor 5K
    5/29 - Cotton Row 10K
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I'll have to go back and read your report but great race pics!

@ereck44 Just minor surgery for my husband this time to place a port since his veins are so bad. He needs to have his Crohn's infusions more frequently than normally prescribed so this will be a huge help because it has been taking an hour to get an IV started and those poor nurses want to run and hide when they see him :-D

May 1 - 30 min walk with 3 hills (am), 30 min light cardio (pm)
    May 2 - 30 min walk with 3 hills (am), 30 min strength+plyo workout (pm), 3 mile run (pm)
    May 3 - 30 min walk (am)
    May 4 - 40 min walk (am), 3 mile run (pm)
    May 5 - climbed 4 flights of stairs at hospital :-p stairs KILL ME
    May 6 - exhausted
    May 7 - no excuses.....
    May 8 - 30 min walk with 2 hills (am), 3 mi run/walk intervals (pm)
    May 9 - 30 min walk with 3 hills (am)...... run later

It was 80 degrees last night so I decided to just do a run/walk instead of killing myself running when I'm not adapted to the heat. Oh heck, who am I kidding? I never adapt to the heat! LOL So half mile warm up walk, then 2 miles of intervals, then half mile cool down walk. It was starting to wear on me even after 2 miles of intervals so I think I made the right choice.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My hip was bothering me yesterday and it still a little twingey today so I am taking a rest day from running. Going to still try to get some walking in, assuming the rain stays away. This is frustrating. I really want to get back to my regular running schedule but my stupid hip has other plans. Add to this the fact that my new medication is giving me all kinds of food cravings that I haven't had before, and that's a perfect plan to gain weight. I've come so far in the past year and five months and I do NOT want to undo everything I've accomplished.

My boyfriend says that even if I do gain weight, I'll still be running and that's a win. However, I think that if I gain weight it'll affect my running since I won't be able to run as fast or for as long. I don't know... I'm just trying really hard to keep any weight from coming on. I've set my calories to maintenance in the meantime until I can figure out how to manage the cravings. I would still like to lose about 10 more pounds, but if I don't that's okay.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    So today was supposed to be a long, slow 4.5 mile run. I couldn't keep my pace that high and ended up running faster than intended. Then, I decided I wanted to run more, so I just did a 10k. :)

exercise.png
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I sent you a FB request :smile:

I think we should make a Facebook page for this group! @Stoshew71 what do you think?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I try to do soups when I hit PMS or for any other reason I develop an insatiable appetite. (Usually stress).

Good luck!
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    5/1 5.5mi 53:51min (interval run)
    5/2 5mi 44:35min
    5/3 rest
    5/4 5mi 44:20min
    5/5 4mi 37:27min
    5/6 11mi 1:43:14min
    5/7 rest <- but I spent 7 hours painting!!!
    5/8 7mi 1:06:29min
    5/9 5mi 45:31min

Nice easy 5 miles today. My body is still really sore from the epic painting job Sunday. I'm so relieved tomorrow is a rest day!

I read on here that someone listens to audio books while running. I thought it was a great idea! My local library lets you borrow audio books - it's pretty awesome. My runs don't seem nearly as long :smile:
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    One thing that I thought was a little odd about the race was that they had us run a loop through the cemetery. Has anyone ever run or walked in a cemetery? It was a nice place to run, but it seemed odd to me. There was a part of me that wondered if that was appropriate. I guess a cemetery is basically a park, but I don't know.

There's a 5k strictly dedicated to it in New Orleans. It's called "A Run Through History" and goes through the historic Metairie Cemetery (est 1872). Don't know if I could do it, personally, but it's definitely not uncommon.
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Kicked it up a (small) notch on the TM today and increased my sustained run in both speed and distance. Baby steps. But I'm at 4.2mph for 2.25 miles now. Felt like I could've done at least another quarter mile, but always afraid of pushing too much at once. Anyway, it was 3.25 relatively easy miles today.

5/1: 2.0 (2.0/30)
    5/2: 2.25 TM (4.25/30)
    5/3: 2.75 TM (7/30)
    5/4: 2.5 TM (9.5/30)
    5/5: Rest
    5/6: Rest
    5/7: 2.75 TM (12.25/30)
    5/8: Life
    5/9: 3.25 TM (15.5/30)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm back a bit late this month. Don't think I can reach 70 miles as I've missed a week but will give 60 a go. I've not had a chance yet to read how everybody is getting on.

09/05 3.53 miles

exercise.png

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    HRKinchen wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    One thing that I thought was a little odd about the race was that they had us run a loop through the cemetery. Has anyone ever run or walked in a cemetery? It was a nice place to run, but it seemed odd to me. There was a part of me that wondered if that was appropriate. I guess a cemetery is basically a park, but I don't know.

There's a 5k strictly dedicated to it in New Orleans. It's called "A Run Through History" and goes through the historic Metairie Cemetery (est 1872). Don't know if I could do it, personally, but it's definitely not uncommon.

That sounds like it would be really interesting.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 3.5 mi.
    5/2 - rest
    5/3 - 6.2 mi
    5/4 - 4.5 mi.
    5/5 - 3.8 mi.
    5/6 - 3.1 (5K race)
    5/7 - rest
    5/8 - 5.2 mi.
    5/9 - 3.7 mi.

May goal: 30/100mi.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 4 miles
    5/3: 4 miles
    5/4: 3 miles
    5/5: 3.8 miles
    5/6: 5 trail miles
    5/7: Begrudingly a rest day
    5/8: Rest day again
    5/9: One more rest day

Sadly, one more rest day today. I'd love to go out for a run because the weather is perfect and I just got two new running shirts in the mail, but alas... my back is horribly tight. So I'm doing stretching, icing, and a hip reset instead while gazing longingly out the window. :'(

Loved reading all the race recaps from this weekend! Congrats to everyone who raced!!!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races
    5/14: Delaware Marathon Running Festival HM
    7/1: Finger Lake Fifties 50k (trail)
    10/8: Steamtown Marathon (BQ Attempt #3)

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Strava recently added free similar data points in a section called Fitness and Freshness...

You don't need these though. For the most part you should have rest days or easy/recovery runs in between workouts. If you feel stiff in tge first mile of a run you should not be doing a workout that day.
    Okay - reviewing my Strava report on Fitness and Freshness, I do see a downward trend recently. How do I need to address that?

I will say that my avg pace has been slowing (high minutes/mile), and it feels like I can't sustain the effort as well lately...