Say goodbye to sugar

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »
    So we're eating nothing but protein now? Um...no. I enjoy having hair and periods, and not having scurvy, and pooping on occasion.

best post award of the day! :)

&, Pleez don't poo on occasions. ;)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Again, when did I say cut ALL sugars?

OP is the one who said that. So cutting all sugar (and all fat) was the topic of the thread.

Again, the topic is not whether cutting down on certain kinds of sugar (while not cutting down on fat or some such) might be healthy. If you eat lots of extra sugar or an unbalanced diet, of course it is. But that's not what everyone was discussing, was it?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Yinz spend a lot of time here... But I appreciate the responses... Please read the entire study - Its actually 12 meals vs 2 & talks about insulin and metabolic responses. It never said that 3 meals a day had increased metabolism also. They incorporated other info within their work.

Again, when did I say cut ALL sugars? Said cutting down simple sugars is healthy... I love me some fruit & veggies and they are low calorie.

Thanks again all.

This is contradictory, as most fruits contain simple sugars - not complex.

Beat me to it...
  • sandytaffy
    sandytaffy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You should look into it, especially about the sugar. One of the best things you can do for your body is to cut back on sugar. I, myself, will take in no more than 20 grams of sugar a day. I still eat candy, home baked goods, I just ensure that my intake is no more than 20 grams. That is the only change I made to my diet, nothing else, and I lost 10 lbs. I have now taken the initiative and began a light cardio/strength routine. Very light, lol. Seriously, think about it. Good luck to all.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    "Sugars Don’t Ruin Your Health…Unless You Eat Like an Idiot and Refuse to Exercise"

“It is important to state at the outset that there is no direct connection between added sugars intake and obesity unless excessive consumption of sugar-containing beverages and foods leads to energy imbalance and the resultant weight gain.”

https://www.muscleforlife.com/sugar-facts/
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    sandytaffy wrote: »
    You should look into it, especially about the sugar. One of the best things you can do for your body is to cut back on sugar. I, myself, will take in no more than 20 grams of sugar a day. I still eat candy, home baked goods, I just ensure that my intake is no more than 20 grams. That is the only change I made to my diet, nothing else, and I lost 10 lbs. I have now taken the initiative and began a light cardio/strength routine. Very light, lol. Seriously, think about it. Good luck to all.

So you maintained an energy deficit to lose 10 lbs. That's great!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

http://time.com/4648436/apple-cider-vinegar-weight-loss/

I found this interesting. I do love the Paul Newman Balsamic Vinaigrette from McDonald's and picked up more pickled eggs from WalMart last night. The vinegar taste is almost addictive to me for some reason. If there is a weight loss connection that would be another plus of vinegar in my view.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

http://time.com/4648436/apple-cider-vinegar-weight-loss/

I found this interesting. I do love the Paul Newman Balsamic Vinaigrette from McDonald's and picked up more pickled eggs from WalMart last night. The vinegar taste is almost addictive to me for some reason. If there is a weight loss connection that would be another plus of vinegar in my view.

It has sugar in it.

And your link doesn't work.

Here's the label...

odcqb5ukklr5.png
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

you lost weight because you restricted calorie dense foods that had sugar in them.

and eating more than 20 grams a day of sugar is not unhealthy...
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    One of the best things you can do for your body is to cut back on sugar.

Doesn't it depend on how much sugar you consume, the source of the sugar (and how many calories and what other foods make up those calories)?
    I, myself, will take in no more than 20 grams of sugar a day. I still eat candy, home baked goods, I just ensure that my intake is no more than 20 grams.

20 grams seems awfully low if you still eat candy and home baked goods. I can go over 20 g from vegetables alone. Add some fruit, dairy, nuts, a sweet potato, whatever, and being under 20 is unlikely, even just on whole, nutrient-dense foods. So fitting in candy and baked goods for with that number seems hard to imagine.

In any case it's an artificial limit and has nothing to do with nutrition or what a healthy diet requires.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Let's face it one of the biggest reasons why we gain weight are sugar and fats...let's say goodbye to them and move forward to a healthier and better life
    Just stop eating more calories than you burn. That's all you need to do.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    One of the best things you can do for your body is to cut back on sugar.

Doesn't it depend on how much sugar you consume, the source of the sugar (and how many calories and what other foods make up those calories)?
    I, myself, will take in no more than 20 grams of sugar a day. I still eat candy, home baked goods, I just ensure that my intake is no more than 20 grams.

20 grams seems awfully low if you still eat candy and home baked goods. I can go over 20 g from vegetables alone. Add some fruit, dairy, nuts, a sweet potato, whatever, and being under 20 is unlikely, even just on whole, nutrient-dense foods. So fitting in candy and baked goods for with that number seems hard to imagine.

In any case it's an artificial limit and has nothing to do with nutrition or what a healthy diet requires.

Heck, yeah - I just got more than 20g of sugar at breakfast from my plain Greek yogurt and the skimmed milk in my (un-sugared) coffee.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    tacha956 wrote: »
    Let's face it one of the biggest reasons why we gain weight are sugar and fats...let's say goodbye to them and move forward to a healthier and better life

Actually is sugar and carbs that convert to sugar. Limit those and I promise you will see results fast.
    What if you have medical reasons for limiting protein and fats?

I've lost weight while eating a carb heavy diet.
  • HonduranHaze
    HonduranHaze Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I watched a great documentary on Netflix yesterday called Fed Up.

I think dumping the sugar, including all forms of natural and manufactured sugar, is a great idea. But, I'll stick with my healthy fats (avocado, nuts, coconut oil) to keep me full!