Calories burned cleaning (light effort) for five or six hours?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    It cant fall under activity level if you dont use your true activity level on MFP or let it decide for you and you eat under your BMR at a level you chose (1200 in my case). That's what people were also ignoring.

Um ... people shouldn't do that.

I agree, I'm glad your losing weight OP but it might be better to use the calculation MFP gives you. Did you try it and it wasn't working? Just genuinely curious why you chose to input your own.

Yes I have tried in the past and not lost. I dont trust MFP for calculations...like it said I burned 700 calories in 4 hrs or over 1000 in six of cleaning light. I estimated more around 300-400. I used Fitbit at one point then I spoke to my Dr and asked if I could eat 1200 per day and was approved to do that because I am in the obese BMI range/high end of overweight for my height and I have a LOT of health issues.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I just want to know how you get such a high calorie burn. I walk 6 miles or 17,000+ step a day according to my fit watch its only 500-700 calories I'm currently 215lbs so wth am I doing wrong lol. & yes everyone I know watches are not accurate

I know, my SW was 217 and I never was able to have such a high calorie burn, unless I was hiking, just walking never gives me that high, and im 202 right now, so she is still 22 lbs lighter than me.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I just want to know how you get such a high calorie burn. I walk 6 miles or 17,000+ step a day according to my fit watch its only 500-700 calories I'm currently 215lbs so wth am I doing wrong lol. & yes everyone I know watches are not accurate

I know, my SW was 217 and I never was able to have such a high calorie burn, unless I was hiking, just walking never gives me that high, and im 202 right now, so she is still 22 lbs lighter than me.

IDK I just ate over 2000 calories one week and I didnt go out barely at all and didnt go to the gym and I either lost weight/maintained throughout the time. Maybe I have a thyroid issue lol but they havent found anything?
  • laurenebargar
    Options
    It cant fall under activity level if you dont use your true activity level on MFP or let it decide for you and you eat under your BMR at a level you chose (1200 in my case). That's what people were also ignoring.

I agree, I'm glad your losing weight OP but it might be better to use the calculation MFP gives you. Did you try it and it wasn't working? Just genuinely curious why you chose to input your own.

Yes I have tried in the past and not lost. I dont trust MFP for calculations...like it said I burned 700 calories in 4 hrs or over 1000 in six of cleaning light. I estimated more around 300-400. I used Fitbit at one point then I spoke to my Dr and asked if I could eat 1200 per day and was approved to do that because I am in the obese BMI range/high end of overweight for my height and I have a LOT of health issues.

Well losing 2 lbs a week is fine, but if your losing more than that, I might suggest slowly upping your calories, possible like 100 extra a day and try that out for a few weeks just to see how you feel. I know you said you were sedentary, so even just upping it a little but wont make you gain.
  • Verity1111
    edited May 2017
    Options

Well losing 2 lbs a week is fine, but if your losing more than that, I might suggest slowly upping your calories, possible like 100 extra a day and try that out for a few weeks just to see how you feel. I know you said you were sedentary, so even just upping it a little but wont make you gain.

I was about to say .2lbs is only 100 extra per day lol I can try but also an error in logging or weight etc can account for being off by 100 calories. No Im not sedentary every day - I start out my log as sedentary then add on my daily activity (if I walk 10000 steps I add on "walked 5 miles - 3mph") because it varies so much. I might walk 25000 steps I might walk 2000. My activity varies extremely. Between lazy do nothing and work my *kitten* off all day.
  • laurenebargar
    Options

I was about to say .2lbs is only 100 extra per day lol I can try but also an error in logging or weight etc can account for being off by 100 calories. No Im not sedentary every day - I start out my log as sedentary then add on my daily activity (if I walk 10000 steps I add on "walked 5 miles - 3mph") because it varies so much. I might walk 25000 steps I might walk 2000. My activity varies extremely. Between lazy do nothing and work my *kitten* off all day.

I just know I wasnt happy at 1,200 calories and my activity can vary alot too. Some days after I get out of work (desk job) My husband and I go for a 5 mile hike with our dog, but other days I come home and binge watch netflix. I have mine set to sedentary too, but I eat back half my exercise cal's. I switched my settings about three weeks ago to lightly active which gave me 1,600 calories and some days I was netting closer to 1,400 so I switched it back to sedentary and just add my exercise so MFP gave me 1,360 and even though its only 160 calories more, I am much more comfortable at this range, plus my exercise cal's.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options

why are you adding walking on if you have a fitbit? fitbit if synced to MFP will do that for you and you wont need to log. I let my fitbit do all the work. The thing with doctors are though they go through so little nutritional training that sometimes their advice is not the best.

I would see a registered dietitian and go from there to see what they suggest. There is also of course a difference between 2lb and .2(2/10) of a lb. I had a dr tell me to eat 1200 calories to lose weight,There is no way possible I could do that because the less I eat the more I have issues with energy,bad moods,etc.

1200 for some is too low and if your maintenance is 2300-2500 and you are eating 1200 thats a 1100-1300 calorie deficit not including exercise,which is 2lbs+. if you have 50lbs or less to lose then you should be eating more and trying for a 500-750 calorie deficit(which would give you 1-1.5 lbs to lose).which means 1550 calories or more.
  • Verity1111
    Options

I just know I wasnt happy at 1,200 calories and my activity can vary alot too. Some days after I get out of work (desk job) My husband and I go for a 5 mile hike with our dog, but other days I come home and binge watch netflix. I have mine set to sedentary too, but I eat back half my exercise cal's. I switched my settings about three weeks ago to lightly active which gave me 1,600 calories and some days I was netting closer to 1,400 so I switched it back to sedentary and just add my exercise so MFP gave me 1,360 and even though its only 160 calories more, I am much more comfortable at this range, plus my exercise cal's.

I tend to vary. Some days I want to eat 2000 (and if I REALLY want to I do because I cant fight it) some days I am not hungry at all and I need to force myself to hit 1200, and I do when I can. I couldnt last night because of severe stomach pain but today for example Im aiming for 1400-1500 to try to make up for it. Im not moving much because Im sick so there's not really any exercise calories to eat back. I mean I aim for 1200 I dont always make it like I said lol. The issue is it's a mental thing for me so if I aim for 1500 I might end up going to 1800 some days and not lose at all. If Im at 1200 and I go up to 1500 for a week I still lose. But then again I guess youre right if I lose 2.2lbs at 1500calories I would still lose eating 1800 as well but close to 1.5lbs.... Ill have to figure out the best way to do this. To test out MFP or just adjust the calories on my own. I dont actually even have my goal in my diary set properly I just look at the daily # and try to hit 1200. I havent adjusted my actual diary goal in forever. lol
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please continue your discussion politely and keep the following MFP guideline in mind:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.

b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

Also, there are kitten threads in the chit chat section if you need a kitten fix. This one is fun:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1003280/come-to-mfp-they-said-there-are-kitten-gifs-they-said

Thanks,

4legs
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

I had a FitBit One and I believe it started giving me calories at around 2200 steps, which is a mile for me. Walking 5 miles (6-1), would take me 100 minutes, and at 215 pounds and my height of 5'6" the MFP database gives me 536 calories for that. So assuming you are my height or taller, 500-700 calories is right on target.

The difference may lie in not subtracting the steps a FitBit makes you take before starting to give you calories. I don't think the OP was using her FB that day.
  • Sassafras106
    Sassafras106 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Why do you ask a question only to argue individually with every single person that tries to help you?