1/6 - 3.6
    2/6 - 4.9
    3/6-5.6

Total - 14.1/90
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @WhatMeRunning is there some sort of disease runners get where they forget about races they've signed up for? There​'s been a few instances here!!! :)
  • girlinahat
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty I think it natural and healthy to worry about the race - it helps you process things.

I'd be surprised by porta-potties on the course- there were none on my HM but the should be some at the start. Definitely line up anyway beforehand.

Looking forward to your race report.
  • girlinahat
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @juliet3455 you can take your Farmers low voltage electric fence and shove it where the sun don't shine Missy!!!!

>:)
    I experienced two of those in my first ever race, a Tough Mudder, and still consider them cruel and unusual punishment. I want challenges in a race, not things designed entirely to hurt me. Electric shocks ain't fun, however low the voltage!!! (The final straw for me was being faceplanted into mud at the end of my TM, and getting a mouthful of dirt)

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @louubelle16 As @WhatMeRunning said, I do it from time to time. You have a new fan now, lol.

@WhatMeRunning Great 5k run, and good luck with the HM today.

@nFoooo Awesome PR, congrats!

@RespectTheKitty Good luck with your race today. Plenty of good advice already given, so don't fret things and just enjoy the day; you've got this!

@juliet3455 Shaving 25 minutes off a 15k course is absolutely awesome, well done sir!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    katie2400 wrote: »
    Week 5 day 2 for 10k training done☺️
    Probably shouldn't do it on a treadmill every time but

You do what you have to. Hubby came home with a treadmill for me yesterday, lol! It bothers him to see me running in the heat, and I'm too stubborn to join a gym or get a treadmill myself!

As long as you're not seeing any ill effects, keep going.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    June 1 – 6.0 miles Temp: 84°F Humidity: 52%
    June 2 – 6.0 miles w/6 x 400m intervals Temp: 80°F Humidity: 80%

Total: 12 miles/100 miles

Races:
    June 23 – St. Pete Beach Series, Race #1, 5K
    July 21 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #2, 5K
    August 5 – Great Brain Wash 5K Obstacle Run, St. Pete, FL
    August 18 - St. Pete Beach Series, Race #3, 5K
    September 16 – Samoa Challenge (Thin Mint Sprint 5K and a Tagalong Trot 1 mile), Safety Harbor, FL
    November 18 – Insane Inflatable 5K Obstacle Run, Tampa, FL

Do interval runs ever get easier?!! I felt good after the easy 2-mile warm up, in spite of the humidity. However, even by the 3rd interval, I was soaked in sweat and wanted to die! I’m really not a fast runner. I’m part of Team Turtle: We’re Slow as Shell! So, when I do have to pick up the pace, my body really hates me. I think I spend the entire time coaxing my legs, my butt, my heart, and my lungs not to quit. I’m somewhere between cheerleader and used car salesman, somewhere between encouraging myself to go a little faster for a little bit longer and outright lying to myself about when I can quit, lol! But I did it and did the 2-mile easy run home, thanking God for the overcast skies and red lights!

The first interval will never get easier. As your running ability improves, you just run it faster for the same level of difficulty. However, as your stamina improves the 3rd and subsequent intervals will seem easier than they did today. It will also help if you get lower humidity to run the intervals; a workout that is tough but satisfying at 75º F with 25% humidity could be insanely tough and almost torture at 80º F with 80% humidity.

I hope I'll get better at them and that I'll see some results from my efforts. I just spent the last few months working on my distance and slowly but surely going from 3 runs a week to 5. I'm 50 years old and wasn't very athletic in my youth so I'm a bit paranoid about injury. I am a little surprised that I don't feel awful today since we were busy at work last night and I was up and down stairs quite a bit.

As for the humidity, that's about the normal from now until October. Hubby brought home a treadmill yesterday for me. I may have to resort to it from time to time. I chickened out of running in the summer last year. If it's an especially ugly summer this, midnight may become my favorite time of day!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    6/1 = Gym day; 3 miles on the treadmill and 40 minutes of strength training
    6/2 = 6 miles
    6/3 = 6 miles & strength training
    6/4 =
    6/5 =
    6/6 =

Can I rant a little about *kitten* drivers who don't pay attention at crosswalks? Ughhhhhhh. A red light and there was some jerk turning right -- not paying attention at all! The crosswalk gave me the green light to cross and the guy just kept inching out into the intersection not even looking to the right for pedestrians. I was jumping up and down waving trying to get him to look over at the people trying to cross the street- who had the rightaway! Never once looked in my direction before turning right -- even though all the other drivers at the light saw me. And this was right by an elementary school! This is the third time this had happened in two weeks at this intersection. Some little kid is going to get hurt walking to school.

*end rant*

On a lighter note, good luck to everyone who is racing this weekend! :)

(June miles to date) 15/150 (June goal miles)

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    06/01/17 :::: 2.4 :::: 2.4
    06/02/17 :::: 0.0 :::: 2.4
    06/03/17 :::: 8.4 :::: 10.7
    Goal = 100 miles

Really nice long run this morning. After a few sprinkles, it cleared up and was beautiful and just cool enough to keep us comfortable. I dragged myself to the 7:00 run instead of 8:00 and it was nice to have some new faces to run with and chat with. 1/10th of the way to goal already :)

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    K- so, definitely to the point of anxiety before my first ever half marathon tomorrow. It doesn't help, that based on location, I am packing this morning because we are spending the night tonight, and then I am working about half way between all week. So packing for running adventure and work week, and I am certain I am forgetting something very important.... ugh....

On the bright side, one of our other friends wanted an adventure and is traveling with us. She is a massage therapist. Feeling pretty VIP to have our own personal massage therapist post race!

But seriously, what am I forgetting?

Anti-chaffe balm? And to relax and enjoy it!