June 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• nFoooo
    nFoooo Posts: 136 Member
    Heck yeah @MNLittleFinn you are inspiring!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited June 2017
    ....and when Finn the Minnesotan gets there, everybody's gonna jump for joy!

.... Of course he's probably too young to understand the reference.......
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @MNLittleFinn Fantastic job!!!!!! Congratulations on finishing your first marathon!!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    @MNLittleFinn congratulations!!! You did an amazing job!!!
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    1/6 - 3.6
    2/6 - 4.9
    3/6-5.6
    4/6 -REST
    5/6-3.9
    6/6-4.7
    7/6-3.1
    8/6-4.3
    9/0 -REST
    10/6-3.8
    11/6-6.5
    12/6-REST
    13/6-3.7
    14/6-5.2
    15/6-6.0
    16/6-REST
    17/6-5.1

Total - 60.4/90 Miles
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    @MNLittleFinn congratulations!!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    4:24 finish. Quad and calf cramps murdered my second half. Still ok with my time though, I got the 26.2

Edit to add, the weather kicked my *kitten*. It was only 73f, but there was a lot of sun and humidity was close to 60%. My runs have been a lot cooler.

Oddly, I feel great with my finish. Sure, I was 24 minutes slower than my hoped for, but I was less than double my first HM time, from less than a year ago.

Congrats!!!!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    @MNLittleFinn Way to go!!!! Highest of Fives to you for finishing. And especially in that weather.

I did run today, but it was hot and humid so I only made it 4.1 miles. Last summer in this weather I'd have only made it 2 miles, so I consider that an improvement. Heat and humidity make 4 miles feel like 8.

Gotta check the weather for tomorrow. I'd like to do a long run. It may thunderstorm, which would mean it'd have to be on the treadmill, we'll see.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    4:24 finish. Quad and calf cramps murdered my second half. Still ok with my time though, I got the 26.2

Edit to add, the weather kicked my *kitten*. It was only 73f, but there was a lot of sun and humidity was close to 60%. My runs have been a lot cooler.

Oddly, I feel great with my finish. Sure, I was 24 minutes slower than my hoped for, but I was less than double my first HM time, from less than a year ago.

Way to go! You ran better with quad cramps at Grandma's than I did with quad cramps at Boston.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    MobyCarp wrote: »

Way to go! You ran better with quad cramps at Grandma's than I did with quad cramps at Boston.

You have no clue how much you saying that means to me. Thanks.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    So I'm going to replace my Fitbit... I'm thinking of the Forerunner 235.

Any thoughts? Pluses? Negatives?

A friend has the viviactive hr and loves it. They are pretty similar, but the forerunner tracks cadence and vo2.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

A friend has the viviactive hr and loves it. They are pretty similar, but the forerunner tracks cadence and vo2.

I have the 230. Same thing but no built in HRM. I love it. The cadence info is great to have. VO2 max isn't super necessary, as it's an estimate, but it is cool to have.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

You can't go wrong with a Forerunner, no matter what model you choose. I used to have a 205 which was like wearing a house-brick on my wrist. I loved it. I now have the super-basic Forerunner 25 and it does everything I need. Just depends on how many bells and whistles you want. I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Congrats @MNLittleFinn . I am so glad to hear that you are not disappointed with your time because YOU JUST RAN A MARATHON!!!! And it's a pretty darn good time for a first too! Way to go!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Congrats on your marathon @MNLittleFinn! You did it! Very inspiring to have seen you go through your whole training process and do so well managing and accomplishing your first marathon in great form! Hope you are resting and celebrating!