June 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @cburke8909 Awesome race! With an October race and continuing to progress, I'm sure you can push your time down at your marathon. Getting to sub 3:30 could be hard though, cutting 30 sec/mile from the HM time you just ran. You have a lot going for you though, so i think you could.... I'm a LONG way from being that fast. Keep up the great running!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 - Congratulations on the faster than expected finish to your first HM! Of course, that does make setting a new HM PR a bit more challenging.

@cburke8909 - Way to go with that HM time! It's always good to finish ahead of the competition, especially when the competition is in the same family.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn it's more than likely too much but in a perfect storm scenario it could happen. Realistically if things don't go well a plus 4 hour marathon is likely. Unfortunately luck and timing play a role. I will do the training and if it can be, I'll hope I rise to the challenge. If course if that happens I'm stuck running Boston. Lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    @MNLittleFinn it's more than likely too much but in a perfect storm scenario it could happen. Realistically if things don't go well a plus 4 hour marathon is likely. Unfortunately luck and timing play a role. I will do the training and if it can be, I'll hope I rise to the challenge. If course if that happens I'm stuck running Boston. Lol

I think you can do it... My own recent explosion on course has made me more wary I think... I was on track for a sub-4, but then ran too fast for a few miles and really lost it. You've got months to train, and a cool weather marathon is made for a PR, so I won't be surprised if you reach your goal.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Great comeback!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MNLittleFinn ! I'm glad I closed my crazy four week 2 full, 1 half smackdown on a higher note. After they paid me out at the podium my husband insisted I should just run halfs from now on- I wonder why ;) lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Thanks @MNLittleFinn ! I'm glad I closed my crazy four week 2 full, 1 half smackdown on a higher note. After they paid me out at the podium my husband insisted I should just run halfs from now on- I wonder why ;) lol

well... It seems to be a good source of money for you...LOL... It's fun seeing you fast runners keep improving... Now it's time for me to find my nice in running.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 Spring Hill just north of Tampa.

United Airlines screwed up all our flight plans by changing Skips flight 3 hours later. 45 mins and $800 later we will eventually get to Tampa.

How long are you here for and do you need any help?
  • cburke8909
    Options
    Question, how do you prevent the irritated bleeding nipples? I have a psoriasis condition that makes me more susceptible to skin issues. So far on my training runs it's only been irritated but today there was definite stream of blood.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Question, how do you prevent the irritated bleeding nipples? I have a psoriasis condition that makes me more susceptible to skin issues. So far on my training runs it's only been irritated but today there was definite stream of blood.

Have you tried KT Taping/taping them? I have bleeders for feet so I tape them to kingdom come.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options

bodyglide was all it took for me, and I was sweating pretty good at my marathon. I had no issues.
  • cburke8909
    Options
    Just one day too late look what arrivedflkqlz2gb23f.jpg

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @BettyM1017 thanks for the offer you are too nice. I have family right on the same street as mom and a friend is coming over. We will be there until at least Friday.
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @RespectTheKitty great job! Youre doing great addong the mileage!