WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

I'm off to visit Mom in NJ this morning. Jake, the now eldery rescue dog, has no concept of sleeping in later on the weekend and woke me up at 4:30am as if it were a work day. It has allowed me to catch up with all of you though.

Worked late yesterday because we are short staffed and had to rush home and then rush to book club. Once again resisted the wine but did partake of some cake, mixed nuts and fruit. I was within my maintenance calorie budget but still about 350 calories over my normal daily intake. I expected a gain, especially after eating the salted nuts but was thrilled to see I actually did maintain. I had wanted to go away as low as possible because I typically gain a few pounds on these trips. I guess maintenance really does work!

When I got home from book club I prepared my food for the trip: tuna mixed with tzachi, 1/2 wrap, 2 leftover spring rolls, 2 hard boiled eggs, baby carrots, tzachi to dip them in, mini rice cakes, dried figs proportioned out, water and gum. This is for the trip down and back. Hopefully I will not gain too much and have it all off by Thursday. We'll see. I find the key to successfully losing is to pre plan.

Time to go. Love and hugs to every.

Chris in MA who will soon be in NJ
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning, good morning! A quick shout out to everyone! Slept in until 7, so gotta get busy and get things done! A big Hello to Karen and her doll baby, Olivia! She is getting so big! <3 Hope to have more in my head after I get a few things taken care of, today. Hard to concentrate with the list looming in the front of my brain! ttfn will check in later xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Olivia is beautiful!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Karen - What a gorgeous baby! <3 Olivia. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Love the pics of the sweet Grchildren holding hands & all the babies.Great way to start the day.
    Gonna be 85 today....so it's the elliptical bike for me.Right in the living room where I can be on here or watch tv.
    Just done with 45 mins.Pat in Oh
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Becca: The Astoria-Megler bridge has been operating on a one lane basis for the last couple of years, hasn't it? It was the last time we went over it and that was two or three years ago. Taking care of antique bridges is pretty much a full time endeavor from what I've seen. I love the ride along! Thanks! :bigsmile:

Michele: I hope you get the lectoring sorted out, because it is something you enjoy. I have not had the best experience with churches. Our last regular church attendance was before we moved here. There was a dominant clique that centered around a couple of families. Most of the people we liked moved on to other congregations to get away from the clique social climate. It was like being in Junior High again. We are still friends with a couple we met there all those years ago. They don't go there anymore, either. They moved away and so did we, in opposite directions. We stay in touch but don't get together as often as we would like. :grumble:

Sharon in Lethbridge: What is a lease rider? I love the Halloween photos. :heart:

Machka: I love the photos of you and your DH. What a fabulous view in the background behind your DH! :smiley:

Heather: Can you get o couple of brightly colored decorative pillows to sit at the ends of your sofa? There are lots of inexpensive options in stores in our area. I would guess you can find them in your area or in Brighton when you visit your son & family. :flowerforyou:

Tere in RVA: Awesome to see you again! The version of HALT I've used in my life is not a "test" that I take from some professional at all, and does not cost money. It is a strategy for resolving stress and giving good self-care. When stressed you give yourself a little self-quiz. Am I Hungry? Angry? Lonely? Tired? The answers to those questions lead to actions that help you feel better. If I'm hungry I can choose something healthy. If I'm angry I can express it or solve the problem. If I'm lonely, I can find companionship and this is one of the good places to do that. The gym or walking with the dog or a friend are other good options. If I'm tired, I find time to rest. Here is a link that I found to a bit better explanation. Sometimes the good self-care needs help from an appropriate professional and that is the best thing to do, but it is amazing how much you can do for yourself. http://www.chinnstreetcounseling.com/zomerland/zomerland_11.shtml

My riding lesson today is not until 4pm. I'll have plenty to talk about with my teacher. It is currently overcast and gray outside. I doesn't look like we'll be outside for our lessons at this point. The arena isn't as much fun, but it sure solves weather problems.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in-

Love the beautiful babies!

Congrats - losers! I have a weigh in on Monday. Couldn't really exercise much this week due to med withdrawl side effects but I should be good to start back in next week. Think I will still lose a little.

Barbie - like the toddler approach!

Toni in Tennessee - feeling better finally
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Louise, I don't eat at events. I eat my regular meals at my regular times. At events, I concentrate on the people, not the food. Congrats on your success

o:) Barbie
  • alexxstarnes
    alexxstarnes Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    exermom Avatar is called a strangeling, From a talented fairy artist named Jasmine I love her work
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Became, enjoyed my trip to Washington! That is quite the bridge, and quite long. The construction reminds me of the Twin Bridges that go from Indiana to Kentucky, or back, whichever way you are going on US 41. It seems like they are always doing something.

I also enjoy the technology that brings my grand kids to me. They are taking a vacation in the Florida Keys right now and I have gotten videos and lots of pictures. That bridge is some thing else to!

Joyce, Indiana

Joyce, they are always painting it, and checking it from one side to the other! I have YET to drive across it!
    Becca

This bridge? I took that from our hotel window, when we stayed in Astoria in 2012. That was our last night in the US after driving down to Florida and back over 6 weeks. We drove across that bridge on our way back to Canada. :)

9462679081_723122981b_c.jpg

9465459092_57df38100d_c.jpg

M in Oz

Yep that bridge!
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Still raining. Over 5 inches so far.
    Karen- Olivia is so cute and growing so fast.
    Carmen - I am on day three, had been doing so good until I lost focus but am on track now. A lot of this new found motivation is due to reading the posts of MFP friends.
    I have also used the HALT to stop mindless eating.
    Better get up and move : )
    SueBDew in TX