woohooo Beth way to go!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Louise, yes I do
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. Between the heat and full moon things are crazy at work. I also have a second person going on medical leave so really going to be working lots of long hours. Spreading the hours out to everyone as there is plenty to go around.

Had a pretty strong storm go over last evening. Lots of rain and hail. We had no damage at our house, DD did have a mirror on her car broke. Saw where in town several trees are down. Now today back up in the 90's and muggy.

Lenora--That is a very nice picture, you look great. I do like the hair cut, it really looks good on you. Thanks for sharing all the pictures, I agree nice to have a face of who you are talking about. I agree that turkey is almost as big as she is.

Pasty--Glad to have you join us. This is a great group of women that really care about each other.

Dana--Hugs!

Becca--Sending lots of prayers.

Allie--stay strong. You might say well how about we go to that concert you are going to. Just to see what he says to that.

Katla--Great news on the horse friendly cast. Enjoy your horse time.

Ginger--Thanks for sharing it helps those who need to hear it.

Beth--good news younger son is able to help you and his brother. Hope the MRI gives the doctors the answers they need to make things better.

All this talk about weighing less then our husbands. In the 36 years we have been together, married almost 33 I have always weighed a lot more. I am getting closer and working to at least be the same.

Heather--Sending prayers for DOS, it is so hard when we see our children hurting and we want to make things better for the them. Hugs!

Meg--Think about you often and understand the being busy. Take care and check in when you can.

Michele--I hope you are feeling better today. Sure sounds like a cold or crud coming on.

Well to the top of page 31, we are such a active group. Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    June Accountability
    Progress - Wednesday , June 14th

✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L22, D20, AS3, BBS5 = 51g)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g (39g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by 12am
    ✔8. Zone work - 15 minutes daily
    That's a 2 Day streak!

• Fiber. Getting enough fiber on a lower carb diet with no more than 25g of carbs per meal requires thought and planning. I don't subtract the fiber from my carb count.

• Exercise. (34 minutes, 3300 steps)
    My current goal is 30 active minutes and 5000 steps. I managed to get my active minutes doing things in the house. One thing I do - is fold and put away laundry from the dryer one item at a time - at a steady quick pace. Usually takes me 10-15 minutes. I planned to do a Sansone video - but I got distracted and it got late. I'm just trying to get in the habit of moving more.

• Sleep. I had my bath and was in bed by midnight. But... I couldn't sleep. Too hot. Not comfortable. I stayed in bed. I didn't want to get out of bed. A binge urge came and I refocused myself. I'll try something different tonight. Cooler temp. Ear plugs. Perhaps get to bed earlier to read a paperback book.

Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Vicki- he doesn't know I know about concert .I told him I would buy him tickets for his birthday and he said no to far to go...he thinks he is slick. But he told me he was going to Watkins Glen races that weekend.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    So heartbreaking seeing news this morning of the fire in London, but heartwarming to see reaction of the community, bringing food, clothes etc.

Packing done, ready for start of trip tomorrow. Don't know how much posting I'll be able to do as apparently WIFI at apartments isn't wonderful. Sometimes can find a bar that has free, fast connection, here's hoping

Kate UK <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    SueBDew- Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a fantastic time celebrating! I hope your daughter enjoys her trek in Scotland!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    B)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Tere, Blue is beautiful. Feel free to share more pictures of him. **Hint, hint**

Becca, glad the procedure went well.

Weez, pretty flowers. Thanks for sharing. About my carbs….I don’t even actually pay attention to how much each day. I limit the things with carbs, including fruit but do have it more than bread, potatoes, etc. I keep my calories at 1200 a day and let the rest take care of itself. Because I know the starches convert to sugar I just limit them but don’t deprive myself. I eat lots of fresh veggies (mostly cooked) and chicken.

Sara, so glad you talked yourself into chilling after your call from work. It’s amazing how we can get ourselves worked into a tizzy over things that really aren’t earth shattering. Way to go.

Sue, what a cute picture of the girls and the goats.

Heather, so sorry your DH is having anxiety. That does seem to happen before all of your trips. The body is just such an interesting creation.

MicheleNC, I hope you are getting a summer cold. Feel better!

Sharon, cute pics of the kids.

Sue, belated Happy Anniversary. 56 years is a long time. Congratulations.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Prayers for the people in London. What a terrible tragedy.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording right, still!**
    hip getting better :0)

bike ride hm 2 gym- 10.29min. 16.7mph, 149mhr, 2.9mi = 107c
    apple watch- 90c
    Plyometrics exercises- 10.42min, 3ets of 10each, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, 135mhhr = 93c
    apple watch- 93c
    SPIN CLASS- 40min, 84ar, 107aw, 10-16g, 16.5mi = 232c
    apple watch- 345c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.06min, 13.7amph, 138mhr, 1.3mi = 63c
    apple watch- 38c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.59min, 12.3amph, 140mhr, 3.2mi = 143c
    apple watch- 124c
    jog station 2 wk- 4.53min, 179mhr, 9.34min mi., .5mi = 93c, probably wrong
    apple watch- 60c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.29min, 9.19min mi, .4mi = 60c
    apple watch = 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.29min, 145mhr, 8.1amph, 2.6mi = 187c
    apple watch- 154c

total cal 1045
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    No workout today….DH had Chinese food delivered for dinner and then we both fell asleep for 3 hours. I am only up to let Blue out and then I’m going back to sleep.

I survived my office co-workers today without a problem. It was so funny because today four of them decided to have lunch together to celebrate a birthday but, as they have done before, they only invited a select few people. They spent all morning scurrying around the office whispering. I was pretty oblivious with my ear phones and Pandora music. :) I only found out later because one had to go tattling to the supervisor (who has been treated awfully by them). She in turn decided that she would go to lunch with me which was fine but did upset them. The thing is that they act so badly, but then they tell on each other. Something else I say! >:) I am thankful that I work pretty much alone.

Dana: Love your pictures of Dolly. I grew up with a variety of Blue Ticks, Black and Tans, and Walkers. They are great dogs. Blue is a Weimariner which has a lot of bloodhound in it. Unfortunately, it means that oft times he delivers prizes to our back door. Yuck! :s We keep a shovel by the back door to dispose of the prize of the day. Needless to say I don’t see any bunnies in my yard.

Beth near Buffalo: Congratulations on getting to the gym today! <3 Sometimes taking the first step is so difficult for me. Once I get there I am happy! If DH was not as consistent and insistent about going to the gym I might never make it.

Ginger: Congratulations on your 2 day streak! <3 Late night eating was a problem for me too. I find that I do sleep better with a cooler temperature and I keep a bottle of water beside the bed to offset the urge to get something to eat. When I give in to the urge to eat late at night (and sometimes I do) it becomes an eating marathon usually standing beside the refrigerator. :/

Allie: As always in my prayers and thoughts. <3

Tere in RVA
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    469367makfzcur9b.gif Stats for today:
    15,000 steps
    173 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    154 minutes riding the exercise bike
    90 minutes working on the rock project in the front yard
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    tere it's great that you can work around the toxic nonsense of some of your coworkers. Sounds like you know exactly what to do.

Well one social event down and two more to go. I do not enjoy large social gatherings but used a lot of strategies to do okay. And most important not sabotage or binge afterwards, I drank a wee bit of red wine and am enjoying relaxing before going to bed. It is okay that I don't shine at these things, it's okay that I don't enjoy these type of events and it's okay to not punish myself. As a professional, I don't have a choice to avoid these retirement/end of year events but that doesn't mean I have to hurt myself (as I often would in the past) this is a new understanding for me!!
    NYKAREN