WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I intended to respond to many of you this morning, so many inspiring, amazing, informative, courageous, determined women...

but then, as Heather said, I heard and saw on the news about the unthinkable tragedy in London and I am just horrified beyond belief. It's like what happened on 911, with people trapped and jumping.

I have to pull myself together and get ready to go to work.

Thankful for all of you.

Karen in Virginia, grieving again for London and humanity
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

I am back in the office today….. :s I only come in 3 days each week but I wish I could work from home everyday. I have to start working on my attitude the night before so that I can have a positive attitude when I get here. I decided that I am just not going to participate in any negative discussions at all. The heck with the craziness. It’s time for me to do something else so I guess this weekend I’ll spend some time dusting off a business plan I had been working on so I can work for myself. :)

Sue: Your “DGD and friend covered in goats” picture is great. They look like they were having a grand time. <3

DJ: I have spent years massaging my DH’s inner child. He never had an opportunity to do half the things that I did growing up. Life was a serious undertaking for his family. I am thankful that when I present something new he is willing to try it. Sometimes things work out great, but sometimes things don’t go so well. For instance the first time I convinced him to travel by train and the train broke down. >:) He still ribs me about that. I receive such joy watching him explore the simplest things. I try to plan adventures well in advance of the event so he has time to process what I think he will enjoy. For instance, right now I am working on a road trip to Vermont to buy some pure maple syrup in October – that is how I will get him to consider the magnificent autumn foliage. He will end up saying "I have to take Tere to Vermont because she wants some pure maple syrup instead of the kind we buy in the grocery store plus I think it will not cost as much if we go get it ourselves." ;)

Lanette: Blue is in great shape. <3 He has trained all of our neighbors to be his friends. He is also friends with their furbabies. Of course he is the biggest one of them all. We have ½ acre backyard that he rules from most of the day. We have two neighbors who have opted to share Blue with us versus having their own fur baby. Too bad they don’t share the walking and feeding responsibilities but he always has plenty of snacks and toys from them. They even give him Christmas presents. I forgot that he is bi-lingual as one set of neighbors decided they wanted to talk to him in their native language.

Becca: You are wonderful and I am sure Annabelle appreciates you as well as Prudence. I am so sorry your DH doesn’t care for animals. My DH grew up in the country and believed dogs belong outside not in the house. From time to time we have a terse word or two regarding the dog but since Blue seems to have attached himself to him its gotten better. I've always had a dog or two. If it were not for my DH's attitude >:) I would probably have a dozen. Although I really do like Sue's goats!

Sharon: My granddaughter did the same thing but ended up with no pierced ears. She said she would try again when she turns 16. I have three holes in each ear.

Heather: Sending hugs. <3 I often find the news too depressing to watch.

Allie: Always in my thoughts and prayers!

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Tere in RVA
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Ginger have you looked at your shoes too. My knee hurt from December until the end of April. I went to a PT. He noticed how poorly my shoes supported my feet/ knee. Once I started alternating two good pairs of shoes and continued my exercises my knee improved dramatically. Now I will only wear certain shoes if I am going out to lunch. I will always carry a good pair with good support in my car. I still have a slight twinge now and then, but nothing compared to how my knee felt a couple of months ago.

:heart: Margaret
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    118052obzeyq6iff.gif
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Prayers for the people in London and for our Congressman who was shot this AM in Washington.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Prayers for the people in London and for our Congressman who was shot this AM in Washington.

Indeed - just when you think you have problems... you realize how small they truly are in the scheme of things.

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Sending good thoughts to your son. :heart: I am so sorry to hear about the fire in West London. :cry:

Margaret: Mary got me started on Bragg's Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar last year. I use it to make my salad dressing now, and have some nearly every day. It has helped combat acid reflux. I think she drinks it every morning, but I wasn't quite able to handle that. Recipes/directions are on the bottle.:star:

Lanette: I have a tiny fracture in the fingertip joint of the middle finger on my left hand. Thank goodness I am right handed. It hasn't produced as much disability as it might have on my other hand. :noway:

Sharon: Good luck at the pain clinic. I hope they are able to provide relief for your pain. :flowerforyou:

Michele in NC: I hope you feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

Gloria: I am so glad to see your post today. I don't use my phone to post because of the tiny screen. I do use it to record every bite and swallow. :flowerforyou:

Peach: I am so sorry to hear about shootings in Washington. I haven't seen the news today, but DH has and says that several were hit. He doesn't seem to know more and said they're withholding information on details just now.

I plan to go to yoga today. I think I can do most moves even with a broken finger. If I can't do a particular pose, I can always take child's pose.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,116 Member
    Options
    So much tragedy this morning! Prayers for London and here at home!

Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-6X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-28X10X35

June Move Your @$$ Challenge
    I will be mowing my lawn today so will get in between 3 to 5 miles of walking.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Allie - Stay strong and find all the information , financial and otherwise, that you can.
    Once they are caught they will do and say anything to change your mind.

Michele- I just want to open up the old piercings so I can wear some of the earrings I have. I especially want to wear my emeralds. It would make DH's Christmas shopping easy as he would get me Mystic Topaz earrings then. He's mentioned it a few times. Lol. I like experiences but he very much has to see and feel a gift.

Heather - I have been following the story of the London fire. So tragic! It really does make our problems seem small.

My daughter drove me to the pain clinic. They put the needle into my ankle joint. They had to do it in the top because on the sides the plates, pins, etc. interfere. 7-10 days to see if it will actually help.

Took a drive around the university to see about parking tonight for my sweeties' dance recital. I am thinking that Larry is going to have to drop me off at the Theatre door and then park. The parking lots are quite a jaunt and I don't think I could do it. Going to have to eat supper really early.

Should I feel such a sense of freedom because I am not working today? I just can't describe. This is a clear indication that I should not be there any more. Working on getting out.

Need to pay our property taxes. Now that we have no mortgage it is a huge bill because it isn't spread over 12 months. I have talked to DH about going to the city and getting on a plan but he is very resistant to this for some reason.

Talk to you all after the weight loss nurse appointment and the dance recital.

-Sharon in Lethbridge feeling free for now.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello, oh how I understand the devotion to our animals. Since we are retired and we don't see our kids very often...our constant companion and best pal is our labradoodle, Katie. She tells jokes, plays tricks on us for fun and frolic.

The London tradgedy has me so sad and, even though I hate to say it, I am so fearful. I feel so emotional seeing that horror on TV. It feels like something happened there that was not a terrible mal-function but some perposed attack. But I seem to have terrorist fears on my brain, these days.

Becca: the "Astoria Rocks" sounds like so much fun. Do you paint any rocks as well? I would love to participate. Currently I am dealing with a knee that needs either surgery or massive re-had therapy. Getting around is tough.

It is wonderful to hear about all my Oregon neighbors here, as well as other delightful ladies striving for a healthier and stronger body.

Today I need a nap...need 45 minutes of core strength training...play ball with Katie...and smile more!
    Patsy in Astoria, OR
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Today I have been totally preoccupied with the tower block fire. As a Londoner for 47 years it hits home, though anyone can identify with the terror of those poor people.
    I also feel for the civilians in Raqqa and anyone caught innocently in troubles anywhere in the world. Today has just been a sad day. I did have an alcoholic drink or two tonight,. It will be logged on my chart.
    On a positive note I planted my herbs and did some weeding. I am also 41% fluent in German on Duolingo.
    I did not do any memoir, however. :'( I commit to doing some tomorrow. That's a promise.

I emailed the company that sent me the second lot of wrong tea towels. After an exchange of views, they are sending me another pack of three. The original choice is out of stock, but I like the new set I have ordered. I now have a HUGE number of tea towels! :D

Going to watch Lewis tonight. Nothing like a bit of Old School. Really just want to blot my brain out.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • weezieweeks
    weezieweeks Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm laying low today due to congestion issues. Yesterday, I exercised; today, I will have to feel a lot better if I am going to make it to the gym. Taking some meds, hot rice bag on chest and rest for me today.

I had a bout of late night eating last night. - I told myself I was trying to find some flavor that broke through the stuffiness. Today, I am going to get a lot of fluids and not fall into my bad habit of late night eating.

One nice thing about recording my food (and weight) is that when I complete the day it gives me a weight that could be in five weeks. One nice thing is that it is always lower than my weight today and five weeks is not that far away - just days over a month. This insight gave me some perspective and encouragement today.

Allie - do you have copies of your tax returns?

Louise in Vegas