Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am loving the zoodles- now i can buy them prepackaged in my grocery store- and use in the place of spaghetti or pasta which I love- I had a BIG plate of spaghetti with meat sauce for lot less calories
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I am loving the zoodles- now i can buy them prepackaged in my grocery store- and use in the place of spaghetti or pasta which I love- I had a BIG plate of spaghetti with meat sauce for lot less calories

Come on dont buy them. Buy a spiralizer and use that. It will pay for itself in no time and you can zoodle prep for the whole week. You will be shocked how much you get form a single zucchini haha :)

Right? And the prepackaged ones are soooo expensive relative to how you're actually getting.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I laughed at the $8 tub of zoodles in whole foods. Insane. There's a couple of counter top devices you can get on Amazon and also there are smaller handheld ones. There's a Veggie Bullet out right now that I'd be all over if I prepped food for more than just me and my husband, especially as he can't eat a ton of veg.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I had two back to back migraines that were just AWFUL and my stomach is still feeling very delicate right now.

Bland, easy to digest food is doing it for me at the moment. I can't bring myself to eat anything but boiled potatoes and cottage cheese. When that's all you're eating, that's a LOT of potatoes. I've been eating 1300 grams of potatoes a day plus about 350 grams of apples and 400 or so grams of cottage cheese. Stuffed.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I bought the rice shirataki for the first time. Trying to think of what I want to have with it tonight. I've been eating a hot dog salad every night for like 3 weeks straight.

I'll have to check Wal-Mart or Giant when I need more groceries to look for the Shirataki mac & rice varieties.

I've had the noodles and in soups they are ok if a bit chewy. I have the tofu fettucine in my fridge right now but just not pulling the trigger on it lol

The fettucine is fine. I had it with a strong cheese and it was great and I've also done a cheesy sauce with just laughing cow.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Now that the weather is hot I'm back into eating salads.nbg5f1c4o9qg.jpg
    Other than that I have to figure out how I want to eat these noodles, they remind me of ramen
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry no picture but:

200g Tofu (not normally a fan of it over Quorn but thought why not after having it a lot in Asia)
    200g Baby Potatoes diced
    Half a Pepper
    Half an Onion
    75g Sweetcorn
    Chillies

Cook and season together, add a splash of Soy Sauce and I added a good chunk of chilli sauce. Huge amount and absolutely gorgeous.

Mixed it with some rice, still have just over half in the fridge.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Lunch- brocalli slaw with ground turkey made a 3 cup serving of goodness
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think it's awesome that you posted that. <3 I went way over today, too. Woot woot for nice round numbers!

My volume eating is taking a hit; we welcomed baby #4 almost 4 weeks ago and I have not had time to make myself salads, omelettes, stir frys, or soups lately (all my volume standbys)). Just seriously, no time at all. Any suuuuper fast ideas?! I'm living on bowls of yogurt. All your foods look great, everyone!
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    All of these look so good anday so satisfying. I have been trying to eat more smaller meals to "shrink" my stomach. Is that a myth?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It's mythical for sure. Meal size is all about preference - some people prefer small and often as it keeps their energy levels more even, but it's not doing anything permanent to your stomach.