Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• alves_patricia
    alves_patricia Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Homemade strawberry poppyseed salad 400 cals. My 6+ lb veggie protein salad for my first meal at almost 7pm. Exactly 400 cals and macros posted!
    Sooooo many ingredients/ high volume lol!!

Huge respect haha that's epic ! I loveeee big evening meals as well - IF for the win. I'm trying to figure out what's in the salad to replicate it on a smaller scale x)
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    z8972sp3gpra.jpeg
    I’m definitely loving my protein fluff! I had enough calories to add a broken up ice cream cone and my super fancy sprinkles

That. Looks. Awesome.

Your photo of your fluff with the waffle topping definitely played a part in inspiring this delicious creation!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    5w973sh0tj09.jpeg
    Huge turkey wrap and big salad 190 calories for everything and super filling.rq1oj9bapfxy.jpeg
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Huge turkey wrap and big salad 190 calories for everything and super filling.

HOW?!
  • mjrc2
    mjrc2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »

HOW?!
    lol, I second that!
    What kind of wrap? I cannot find wraps under 200 cal., and what is the powdery looking stuff on your salad? Is it garlic powder?
    looks delicious!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    google says the only place within 50 miles of me that has that Tumaros business is the AFB commissary. Going in search of a pilot to take me shopping.

The one thing I hate is how expensive they are! (3.69 for 4 wraps) I've tried ordering in bulk online, but they are even more expensive everywhere I've found. Online and most stores carry the smaller wraps which are 50-60 calories, but I prefer the nice giant ones because they are bigger and have better flavors, lol.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Does anyone like the ole wraps- they are pretty good to me.
  • mjrc2
    Options
    I did not know pumpernickel wraps were a thing...now I am on a mission! Thank you!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Does anyone like the ole wraps- they are pretty good to me.

I like these too even though they aren't as big. I also like la tortilla factory, but again they aren't as big or as delicious. Still good though. 90cal flatouts are also great like @crazyravr mentioned. I used to use those for awhile but switched since these are so much bigger lol.
  • Foodfavor
    Options
    It is times like these that make me sad I live in Victoria. We only have one store that sells one kind of Flatout wrap... and boy are they expensive ($4 for 6). We generally don't get cool food stuffs here and when we do they cost more.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »

HOW?!

Tumaros 10in pumpernickel wraps 80 cal they are my FAVORITE ! Highly recommend. They come in sourdough, rye, and everything bagel flavor. All are fantastic!

Wrap (80+ 45 turkey + 10 lettuce + 5 spicy mustard + 5 tomato + 5 onion plus I add Italian seasoning)

Salad (romaine lettuce 15, one tbsp balsamic 10, chipotle tobacco sauce, a sprinkle of trivia, no salt salt, lots of onion powder. This was before I mixed it up but there is tomato onion and banana peppers under there too 5)

Google says I can find these wraps 6 miles from my house :). I am really excited to try these! Thanks.
  • Foodfavor
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Online. Always online.

Any website you can recommend? As an example Amazon doesn't ship them to Canada (which is fine as I try to not shop with them) and lowcarbcanada has them for 3.99 so I'm not really saving any money but they have a bigger variaty.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I bulk my oatmeal with wheat bran every morning!!! It adds fibre and makes it way bigger. Also can add egg whites and protein powder and stick it in the microwave to watch it grow. Others have added zucchini for bulk too!!
  • mjrc2
    Options
    I cannot find the pumpernickel wraps online and they are not available anywhere near me. I live in hickville. If anyone finds the pumpernickel online, please let me know. The Tumaros website doesn't even sell them. Maine has such poor availability on good food!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2018
    Options
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I bulk my oatmeal with wheat bran every morning!!! It adds fibre and makes it way bigger. Also can add egg whites and protein powder and stick it in the microwave to watch it grow. Others have added zucchini for bulk too!!

I also do the microwave trick. You microwave in huge bowl with lots of extra water for like 5 min then cool then 3 min and it puffs up like 10x the size. I’ll have to take a pic next time. 100 cal packs end up huge.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    mjrc2 wrote: »
    I cannot find the pumpernickel wraps online and they are not available anywhere near me. I live in hickville. If anyone finds the pumpernickel online, please let me know. The Tumaros website doesn't even sell them. Maine has such poor availability on good food!

I will but I’ve looked for years because wanted to buy in bulk and freeze (they freeze great) but could only find at foodservicedirect and open sky where the shipping made it more expensive than to buy in store. I really wish the company would sell the 10inch ones on more websites and amazon. It seems like the smaller ones are more popular which makes no sense to me.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

please, could you post pictures and recipe for the oats? thanks!
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    Options

I also do the microwave trick. You microwave in huge bowl with lots of extra water for like 5 min then cool then 3 min and it puffs up like 10x the size. I’ll have to take a pic next time. 100 cal packs end up huge.

What makes it increase in size so much? Is it the wheat bran, the egg whites, the protein powder or what? Also, how much do you add?