Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I stalk this thread a lot. I would like to suggest a new name. Maybe not volume eaters thread,but: The way we should eat with occasional highly dense food and we might not have an obesity epidemic in America thread? Any thoughts?

Could that be anymore wordy?

Said in Joey Tribbiani voice

Yeah...
    Said in Rain Man voice.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Prepping breakfast like a mofo. Made 5 of these last night. Each one will be topped with berries and yogurt for around 200cal brekkie.

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

wagtmew5x60d.jpeg

That is a great recipe! It comes out beautiful every time I make it, and feels like such an indulgent treat. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    575h5r1lx7ed.jpeg

Baby spinach, roasted sweet peppers, sautéed baby bella mushrooms, chicken bacon, homemade maple mustard dressing. 150 calories of pure deliciousness.
  • animalsj
    animalsj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Prepping breakfast like a mofo. Made 5 of these last night. Each one will be topped with berries and yogurt for around 200cal brekkie.

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

can you point me to this recipe? can't seem to find it in the thread :smile:
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    animalsj wrote: »

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

I just found it...I keep thinking I need to tag it...finally copied it ha!

8 egg whites or 1 cup
    15g protein powder or half scoop
    1tsp cream of tartar
    1tsp vanilla extract

Beat all but protein powder until peaks form.
    Fold in protein powder
    Bake at 350F for 20 min.

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    t7nffv1s09gh.jpeg
    Threw some star sprinkles in for fun!

i fold in blueberries cause i also love color XD
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

wagtmew5x60d.jpeg

That is a great recipe! It comes out beautiful every time I make it, and feels like such an indulgent treat. Thank you for sharing it.

OMG I need to try making this, I have been meaning to try it forever but my stomach cannot handle eggs well. Might be worth it though...looks incredible.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

8 egg whites or 1 cup
    1tsp cream of tartar
    1tsp vanilla extract

Fold in protein powder
    Bake at 350F for 20 min.

Let me correct you there, GENTLY FOLD in the protein. It just has to mix in not blend into the mix or your egg whites will deflate and the cake will not get the volume.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1

Thanks...you 'caught' me before I've attempted it too:))
  • vegmebuff
    Options

5mbvhyy9xggy.jpg

8 egg whites or 1 cup
    1tsp cream of tartar
    1tsp vanilla extract

Fold in protein powder
    Bake at 350F for 20 min.

Let me correct you there, GENTLY FOLD in the protein. It just has to mix in not blend into the mix or your egg whites will deflate and the cake will not get the volume.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1

Thanks...you 'caught' me before I've attempted it too:))

Well since I am giving advice hahaha ........
    - dont line your pan with anything just grease it up
    - dont mix in anything wet or heavy into the mix as it will not rise (better to add your trimmings after)
    - dont be alarmed when your mix will deflate after cooling

Thanks again...as I was going to line with parchment

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Not the most aesthetically pleasing but I was starving and it’s high volume.
    Shirataki veggie stir fry with deli sliced chicken, egg whites, and laid on top of a huge pile of spinach.

jmtr6khlp8fr.jpeg
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Pretty decent volume for the macros

Holy crap - nice protein/calorie! I had some amazon gift card money sitting around - just ordered an 8 pack to try.

@pinggolfer96 My order came. I think they are pretty tasty - I ate an entire package and found it to be pretty filling. I don't know if I would buy it again. Maybe if it was half the price or I was looking for something different to eat.

I did look to see what was involved in lupini bean preparation and it looks pretty cumbersome. All the recipes I have seen have you changing the water it is soaked in for 5-14 days to remove bitterness. A couple of recipes mentioned that improper preparation could lead to bitter poisonous beans.

Maybe it is more information than anyone would want - but I found this really interesting. How does one figure out how to properly prepare something like this!
    "Lupin poisoning is a nervous syndrome caused by alkaloids in bitter lupins, similar to neurolathyrism. Lupin poisoning affects people who eat incorrectly prepared lupin beans. Mediterranean cultures prefer the historic bitter lupin beans with the required toxin-removal by traditional leaching in water preparation methods due to the better flavour that results. Improper preparation of bitter lupins with insufficient soaking allows pharmacologically significant amounts of the anticholinergic alkaloids to remain in the beans, and poisoning symptoms result." (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lupin_bean)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese salad.
    200g cottage cheese
    200g zucchini noodled
    100g red pepper
    50g spinach
    Salt pepper garlic

ng8bxj2bq1k2.jpg

I am so making this....
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    I eat a pound or two of veggies and pickles for lunch so that I can eat like this for dinner once and awhile.abjgvignfcse.jpg

How does one even eat that LOL?

Maybe this guy?

steven-tyler-mouth-open.jpg?quality=95

omg - that's my burger. now I am hungry. yes I am an extreme volume eater. i nibble, squish, nibble, turn, nibble, and whalla its all gone.

edit - not sure where my burger went! maybe that guy did eat it. lol

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Made protein fluff for the first time with:

30g protein whey
    Tons of ice
    Some water
    .5 cup unsweetened almond milk vanilla flavored
    2 tbsp chocolate Pb 2

I blended everything til creamy.
    Wow this was a lot I only ate half. So filling. Thank you!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

30g protein whey
    Tons of ice
    Some water
    2 tbsp chocolate Pb 2

great! and if you add 1/4-1/2 tsp. Xanthum gum (to thicken it up) and freeze it a few hours, you'll end up with more ice cream-like product.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

30g protein whey
    Tons of ice
    Some water
    2 tbsp chocolate Pb 2

great! and if you add 1/4-1/2 tsp. Xanthum gum (to thicken it up) and freeze it a few hours, you'll end up with more ice cream-like product.

Oops forgot to mention I did add a pinch of It!
  • babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Pina Colada protein fluff! Quest vanilla with frozen pineapple and made with coconut/almond blend milk. It needs a little paper umbrella! Yum. wp6e8hselr2l.jpeg

Omg I really have to try this!! Yum!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Is there a version of the fluff which does not require ice?