Volume Eaters Thread

1969799101102107

Replies

  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,165 Member
    zgassyu3jttk.jpeg
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    I made a Pitaya bowl today it’s a lot in volume lol I made the smoothie portion added 1/2 c yogurt protein powder chia, coconut shreds ( unsweetened) pepitas
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    FYI I tried to make noodles with the miracle noodles and freeze them and then microwave in the future. They DO NOT freeze well. Really weird gummy dry texture. txhslhevvp0s.jpeg

    Why did you freeze them?
    Perhaps if you want to prep with miracle noodles freeze your veggies and sauce and assemble fresh noodles when you are making again. When I prep mine I set the noodles aside in container and sauce beside it and refrigerate but it lasts up to a week and before I eat I shake up container to mix sauce nicely
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    I am about three years behind on this thread (currently on page 33/114), but I just wanted to thank you all for the protein powder ice cream idea! I am buying protein powder tonight and I am praying that it works like your photos!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    I am about three years behind on this thread (currently on page 33/114), but I just wanted to thank you all for the protein powder ice cream idea! I am buying protein powder tonight and I am praying that it works like your photos!

    Make sure it has some casein protein in it (at least in part)... works the best!
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    Yes! I read in detail about each recipe that everyone tried. Mine has whey and casein. Very excited to try tonight.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,653 Member
    Yes! I read in detail about each recipe that everyone tried. Mine has whey and casein. Very excited to try tonight.

    Good luck! I still make it every night..even through the winter! :)
  • CassondraKennedy
    CassondraKennedy Posts: 229 Member
    First attempt was semi-successful. Not as smooth as I expected. I think I need a better blender! Still good enough to eat though and I ate the whole bowl quite quickly :blush: Thanks for all the recipes!
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Yes! I read in detail about each recipe that everyone tried. Mine has whey and casein. Very excited to try tonight.

    Good luck! I still make it every night..even through the winter! :)

    I was shivering and had major brain freeze by the end of the bowl. Needed blankets and hot tea after! :D worth it.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    Today it’s 2 c mixed salad 1 cup homemade guacamole 3 hemp nuggets and 2 Tbsp mustard vinaigrette homemade for lunch
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,923 Member
    Oh and 1/4 c pecans
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Bumping the original volume eating thread...
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 276 Member
    With quarantine I'm like *kitten* how do I justify my enormous amounts of veggies and quantities of food as essential...
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    With quarantine I'm like *kitten* how do I justify my enormous amounts of veggies and quantities of food as essential...

    It's really "hard" to overeat on plain veggies for most of us. I mean non starchy veggies at 150cals/lb ar just supremely volumetric. Though the gas, that's volumetric too! Stat well my Canadian friend.😉
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,878 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.


    Did you do anything special with the shiratake rice? I've been wanting to try it in sushi. Did you add vinegar and sugar or just leave it as is?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,878 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Because even sushi can be volume approved. These are 3 full sheets of nori.
    All for me just made. Had to act quick to take a picture before I destroyed this plate lol
    Shiratake rice, crab, carrot, cucumber, avocado.


    Did you do anything special with the shiratake rice? I've been wanting to try it in sushi. Did you add vinegar and sugar or just leave it as is?

    I did exactly as for any sushi rice, but instead of sugar I added honey, to make it sticky. Worked out great. I do the same with cauli rice, that I first toast.

    Thanks!
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    I had forgotten the joys of a good bowl of protein fluff. I just made my first one since several months ago and it came out perfect. The only drawback is that my dogs bark like crazy from the moment my blender emerges from the cabinet until I’m completely done using it.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    I had forgotten the joys of a good bowl of protein fluff. I just made my first one since several months ago and it came out perfect. The only drawback is that my dogs bark like crazy from the moment my blender emerges from the cabinet until I’m completely done using it.

    Still too cold for this stuff around here. Cold and gloomie. And depressing. Come spring and summer heat.

    What went into yours??

    I have fluff related 3 screenshots from this thread from July 2018 and I use a mix of all of the wisdom.

    I use 1 tray of ice, weigh out 100 cals worth of protein powder, 1/2 c unsweetened cashew or vanilla almond milk, a few Tbls Walden Farms sf maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, some flavored extract (I have a good variety). I always top it with something fun for color and a little texture.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,591 Member
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    I had forgotten the joys of a good bowl of protein fluff. I just made my first one since several months ago and it came out perfect. The only drawback is that my dogs bark like crazy from the moment my blender emerges from the cabinet until I’m completely done using it.

    Still too cold for this stuff around here. Cold and gloomie. And depressing. Come spring and summer heat.

    What went into yours??

    I have fluff related 3 screenshots from this thread from July 2018 and I use a mix of all of the wisdom.

    I use 1 tray of ice, weigh out 100 cals worth of protein powder, 1/2 c unsweetened cashew or vanilla almond milk, a few Tbls Walden Farms sf maple syrup, 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum, some flavored extract (I have a good variety). I always top it with something fun for color and a little texture.

    I have started adding some frozen blackberries most of the time. A few frozen Hershey's kisses ground up or some Hershey's dark chocolate syrup on top when I'm in the mood for chocolate. Chia seeds if I need some extra fiber. Makes a great late night treat!

  • itsallgood11
    itsallgood11 Posts: 18 Member
    I’m starting to become more of a volume eater. I’ve struggled with an eating disorder in the past and now that I’m not so restrictive I really enjoy getting to eat a lot of food that I don’t have to feel bad about, but I still struggle with getting to a point where I feel full, being both very active and vegetarian. I would love to eat an even greater volume of veggies and fruit but it gets pricey.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 793 Member
    To whoever said add more water to oats, God bless you. Blueberries, apples, couple peanuts, choc protein powder for fun.