Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have got better at eating more salad but there is a limit to the volume I can manage. Awesome thread though!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Sweet and savory egg white soufflé. I wanted something sweet and savory hehe so I did one half with blueberries, cinnamon, sugar free maple syrup, and stevia. And then the other half was a pizza style with chopped tomatoes. The egg base itself was only 110 calories that I whipped in the blender with cream of tar tar and xanthan gum. Then I added the toppings once it cooked a little. So good!!! It was like 125 cals with the toppings!9dfaabyl554m.jpeg
    9oo3vsqzgtsj.jpeg
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Not only a sweet treat, but it’s great on a hot day in LA! Big snow cone (snow bowl lol) made by blending ice in my ninja and then I ordered a bunch of dif flavors of sugar free snow cone syrup on amazon! Soooo good and refreshing for pretty much zero cals. I also sprinkled some bcaas on top to add a little extra sweetness/ flavor/ and a little bcaas. v05madtp5h5o.jpeg
    z4tfnm1thrql.jpeg
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Thanks to 'Crazyrav's' protein cheese cake. Made a lemon/blueberry one....forgot to add the protein powder! Added some lemon'fluff' - just ice/fresh lemon juice/xanthum & guar gum/stevia...not bad for 110 cal's/piece (6 servings total)c7k30uvc8ki9.png
    See I told you you can't mess this up haha great stuff. How did it taste? Did you like it?

yummy as usual...however I think I put too much stevia in this time as it's pretty sweet for my liking
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I forgot to grab some pictures, but below is one of my current favorite low carb breakfast meals (albeit, I use it for dinner a lot). And for those who hate cauliflower, so does my wife and I, but for some reason the cheese, egg and paprika hide it.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55631/low-carb-breakfast-hash-recipe/
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Today's lunch. We added dressing to it also. Roasted beets/leeks, spinach, quinoa, red cabbage, honeycrisp apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts (mine did, my wife is nut free) and a homemade dressing with Pomegranate juice, lemon juice, honey, fresh ginger/garlic and olive oil held together with a Cranberry Mustard. Oh, just some berry Goat Cheese on top too.

We're seriously into bowls right now. Need to invest in some nice bowls instead of plates. Tough to cut and eat on a plate.

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Today's lunch. We added dressing to it also. Roasted beets/leeks, spinach, quinoa, red cabbage, honeycrisp apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts (mine did, my wife is nut free) and a homemade dressing with Pomegranate juice, lemon juice, honey, fresh ginger/garlic and olive oil held together with a Cranberry Mustard.

Its funny what some consider volume hahaha (see @pinggolfer96 salad above lol )

I'm not sure the pic did it justice. It was huge (around 6/7 cups total). I'm still full four hours later. I couldn't find that salad you mentioned.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Today's lunch. We added dressing to it also. Roasted beets/leeks, spinach, quinoa, red cabbage, honeycrisp apples, pomegranate seeds, walnuts (mine did, my wife is nut free) and a homemade dressing with Pomegranate juice, lemon juice, honey, fresh ginger/garlic and olive oil held together with a Cranberry Mustard.

Its funny what some consider volume hahaha (see @pinggolfer96 salad above lol )

Lol as I currently eat a lb of steamed veggies (not a lot for me) and 6 egg whites......just one of my small meals atm😂
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    For dinner I had cauliflower pizza! Check my diary b/c it was low-cal, filling, and delish. Also my bfast this morning was a ton of veggies and 3 egg whites w some nutritional yeast. It was super filling. Going to bed bloated/full and happy. Night!
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    so am I a volume eater??? lunch today was 2 family size cans of green beans. or the equivalent of 14 servings at 4.3ish oz each. that's about 3.75lbs. I did not just feel full I was full. still thinking about steak on the grill tonight.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    so am I a volume eater??? lunch today was 2 family size cans of green beans. or the equivalent of 14 servings at 4.3ish oz each. that's about 3.75lbs. I did not just feel full I was full. still thinking about steak on the grill tonight.

That’s how you do it!
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    High volume chocolate pumpkin protein cake with blueberriesne4sr9j71uud.jpeg
    foa15cpx8t0b.jpeg
    84mvcjgswt6e.jpeg
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a 1500 watt Ninja coming from Amazon tomorrow. I'm gonna need to go review the fluff era of this thread.
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    I tried with all the devices I have and got nothing but goop. This thing will also replace my mini food processor and the husband likes shakes so... I treated myself.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    OK, I have a 1500 watt Ninja coming from Amazon tomorrow. I'm gonna need to go review the fluff era of this thread.

I received a ninja blender. Well the cheaper one that you have to attach the motor every time you use it. It's still a beast! Not bad for free. Someone i know got it through their insurance because they were taking a weight loss shake. They quit using the shake and gave me the blender. Tried giving me the rest of the shake powder... I declined! Lol
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

My ninja makes fantastic fluff!! I found using the smoothie program 3 times (sometimes 4) in a row is perfection. 3-4 minutes of total blending time and it fills the entire pitcher. It's super easy to clean too, but watch out for those blades!! The are super sharp and I cut myself twice early on when I was washing & drying it. Let us know how it turns out!
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Time for someone to post an inspirational volume pic.
    I steadily lurk here because it makes me feel normal-ish about my ‘largest mixing bowl size’ salads.
    I go thru one of the giant tubs of spinach. Daily. My produce habit is NO JOKE.
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    Time for someone to post an inspirational volume pic.
    I steadily lurk here because it makes me feel normal-ish about my ‘largest mixing bowl size’ salads.
    I go thru one of the giant tubs of spinach. Daily. My produce habit is NO JOKE

I will challenge you on all these lolllll🙌🏻😂👌🏻
  • MelanieCN77
    Options
    Ahhh success! 121 cals of floofy success!ztbzdq5k3xyy.jpeg