Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    icemom011 wrote: »
    zc33v3can9yr.jpg
    My dinner tonight. All vegan, tofu and salad. My wife is referring to this salad tub as "the one that her mom made salad for their family of 4", haha. It has been my individual salad tub for years now, i almost never share. Only when my kids come visit, my daughter joins me for some of it.
    That looks great! What else is in it? I see lettuce, tomato, mushroom, and what are the orange pieces on top?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    ^^I want to know what the plated things are?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    @icemom011 - that would definitely be a yummy topping!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    @icemom011 - that would definitely be a yummy topping!

Oh yes, it's mango season and we have a nice tree, so i eat waaay too much of it now. I like a little fruit in my salad, the sweetness compliments veggies and greens well. Strawberries, apples, pears, even orange, all works for my taste.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited July 2020
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It's that time of year...
    sohrb58ns7ny.jpg

Fills a 48oz tupperware for only 200 calories... including all the toppings!

Please share what and how 😊
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    It's that time of year...

Fills a 48oz tupperware for only 200 calories... including all the toppings!

Please share what and how 😊

It's the protein ice cream that is shared all over this thread. I've shared the recipe a few times as well as a few other people with different variations. It's so good and very filling! I ate it all throughout winter too as a way to fill up before bed time!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    alexmose wrote: »
    You ever accidentally eat 11 bananas, 8 apples, and a carton of blueberries in 4 days? Asking for a friend.

I accidentally ate almost a lb of grapes right before going to a movie. Does that count?

This is my dad too lol did you have to duck out during the movie?
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited August 2020
    You ever accidentally eat 11 bananas, 8 apples, and a carton of blueberries in 4 days? Asking for a friend.

When I was doing marathon running I ate a lot of bananas, sweet potatoes and apples. I ate 11 within 24 hours....and I was buying the BIGGEST I could find :D
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,572 Member

I accidentally ate almost a lb of grapes right before going to a movie. Does that count?

This is my dad too lol did you have to duck out during the movie?

LOL I don't think I even made it to the beginning of the movie. Took that detour the second I walked into the theater.
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    edited August 2020

I've accidentally eaten a punnet of grapes and/or strawberries before. Then rolled around clutching my tummy whining that it hurts. No ****, Sherlock.

As you can tell, I've never made good choices when it comes to portion size. ;)

The only stopping me from binge eating cherries is how damn expensive they are in this country. When I lived in Italy, I would happily demolish a whole bag in one sitting.
  • whitej1234
    whitej1234 Posts: 263 Member
    Those of you who have been volume eating for a while (let's say >4-5 month since you decided to take this as a method), have you noticed you need bigger volumes with time? Or were you able to sustain the same portion sizes?
    I think this works best for me, but I am worried in the long run I will just need to eat more and more
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    whitej1234 wrote: »
    Those of you who have been volume eating for a while (let's say >4-5 month since you decided to take this as a method), have you noticed you need bigger volumes with time? Or were you able to sustain the same portion sizes?
    I think this works best for me, but I am worried in the long run I will just need to eat more and more

yes i have noticed that sometimes i'll look at my voluminous plate and be like 'yea, i could do more'. that's what tracking is for!
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Strangely, with time, I've needed LESS volume. I think, however, that is because when I started I was getting NOWHERE NEAR enough protein by any measure. By which I mean only when tracking did I realize that most days I was < 20 grams of protein a day. So as I paid attention to protein I got better satisfaction and staying power and I've stopped being half starved all the time and just no longer need to eat huge quantities of things to avoid that.

I will still sit down and demolish a pound of mushroom slices in one sitting though, if it's just the right time of month.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    This dessert always fills me up: 170g plain non fat greek yogurt, (100 cal) 4 Tbl of cool whip(50 cal) & 1 packet of swiss miss hot cocoa mix(no sugar added) 60 cal oh, I also add some chocolate sprinkles on top
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Evamutt wrote: »
    This dessert always fills me up: 170g plain non fat greek yogurt, (100 cal) 4 Tbl of cool whip(50 cal) & 1 packet of swiss miss hot cocoa mix(no sugar added) 60 cal oh, I also add some chocolate sprinkles on top

I had that yesterday, except subbing the choc. mix with drizzles of SF maple syrup. It was delicious but I just can't buy Cool Whip very often. It's a food of the devil. :) A texture I love, but I overeat on it, there's no nutritional value and who knows what it's made of. :( It does fill me up and also leaves me wanting more and more.