All baked doughnuts (nine!) for 100 calories too

100 calories each? Whats the recipe!?

OMG NO WAY! Recipe please!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    100cal for the WHOLE thing. Recipe I posted here. Check in this link.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570146/protein-donuts-using-your-favorite-protein-pancake-mix/p7
    widgit808 wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    9orrrg90pkzv.jpg

widgit808 wrote: »
    9orrrg90pkzv.jpg

OMG NO WAY! Recipe please!

Thanks to 'Crazy's' invention of this doughnut, I use the recipe w/ a few tweaks...

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10570146/protein-donuts-using-your-favorite-protein-pancake-mix/p7

Get:
    2 tbsp Coconut Flour or Almond Flour
    2 tbsp Water...I actually forgot to use this time and turned out great
    0.50 tsp Baking Powder
    Stevia or any Sweetener if you like
    3 Egg Whites
    *.5 and a pinch more of Xanthum gum

Make:
    Whip the egg whites until nice and firm. *Then add the Xanthum gum and whip til quite thick- this agent really results in lots more volume
    Sift together all the other ingredients and add to the egg whites.
    Gently fold everything until mixed through.
    Spray your donut pan and add the mix.
    Bake 12 minutes at 350F

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 12-13 calories each

• widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    9orrrg90pkzv.jpg

Get:
    2 tbsp Coconut Flour
    2 tbsp Almond or Cashew Milk
    0.50 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Stevia or any Sweetener
    3 Egg Whites

Make:
    Whip the egg whites until nice and firm.
    Mix all the other ingredients and add to the egg whites.
    Gently fold everything until mixed through.
    Spray your donut pan and add the mix.
    Bake 10 minutes at 350F

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 115
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4 g 6 %
    Saturated Fat 2 g 10 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 247 mg 10 %
    Potassium 166 mg 5 %
    Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 5 g 21 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 13 g 26 %
    Vitamin A 1 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 7 %
    Iron 10 %

Thanks!
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    Made these over the last few days...yield a good amount for 42 calories
    Nutrition Facts
    Edit
    Sprouts - Broccoli
    Servings:
    (sprouts have a 10-100 percent higher antioxidant properties than a mature plant ie regular broccoli)
    Calories 42 Sodium 42 mg
    Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 5 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 5 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 89% Calcium 224%
    Vitamin C 5% Iron 5%
    .klddefxoi4rz.jpg[img][/img]px7bttga8fa8.jpg

You cant just post something and not explain how you got from seed to this. I always thought about doing my own but always opt for store bought ready to eat in a box.

Ok...here you go:
    Here's what you need:

A jar, 1 litre to 4 litre (1 qt. to gallon) size, depending on your appetite for sprouts.
    A bowl or something that allows you to invert the jar at an angle.
    Some screen or netting with a rubber band - I used cheese cloth
    Fresh water. If you would drink the water than it is fine to use!
    Seeds with good germination, preferably grown organically for human consumption.
    There are also numerous other methods such as a SproutMaster Tray or Hemp Bag. It's as easy as following the directions provided!
    Next, Soak the seed: If you have chosen to sprout in a jar you can soak the seed in the same jar. If not, any sterile container will do. Use about one cup of water to every tablespoon of seed.

Soak Times:

Broccoli and related plants cabbage, kale, radish etc. 2-3h
    Other small seeds 2-6 hrs. Large seeds peas, lentils, grain, etc. 6-12hrs.
    Mucilaginous seeds cress, arugula, chia, flax, basil - do not soak, just mist to keep moist.
    Remember, these are ideal soak times but if in doubt soak less rather than more. If you do over soak, just carry on. Sprouts are very forgiving!

Rinse and drain 2 or 3 times each day with fresh cold water and invert the jar on angle to allow excess water to drain.

And lastly. . . Enjoy!

Place the finished sprouts in as sink of cold water and swirl to separate the hulls. The hulls are fine to eat but your sprouts will look much better without! Remove sprouts by the handful, rinsing under the tap. Most hulls should be left in the sink. Drain the sprouts and allow to dry for a few hours before storing in fridge. I like to eat the 'whole thing'...no wasting here

There are as many ways to grow sprouts as there are varieties of seed. Do what works for you and make it your own!
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Made these over the last few days...yield a good amount for 42 calories
    Nutrition Facts
    Edit
    Sprouts - Broccoli
    Servings:
    (sprouts have a 10-100 percent higher antioxidant properties than a mature plant ie regular broccoli)
    Calories 42 Sodium 42 mg
    Total Fat 0 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 5 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 5 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 5 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 89% Calcium 224%
    Vitamin C 5% Iron 5%
    .klddefxoi4rz.jpg[img][/img]px7bttga8fa8.jpg

You cant just post something and not explain how you got from seed to this. I always thought about doing my own but always opt for store bought ready to eat in a box.

Ok...here you go:
    Here's what you need:

A jar, 1 litre to 4 litre (1 qt. to gallon) size, depending on your appetite for sprouts.
    A bowl or something that allows you to invert the jar at an angle.
    Some screen or netting with a rubber band - I used cheese cloth
    Fresh water. If you would drink the water than it is fine to use!
    Seeds with good germination, preferably grown organically for human consumption.
    There are also numerous other methods such as a SproutMaster Tray or Hemp Bag. It's as easy as following the directions provided!
    Next, Soak the seed: If you have chosen to sprout in a jar you can soak the seed in the same jar. If not, any sterile container will do. Use about one cup of water to every tablespoon of seed.

Soak Times:

Broccoli and related plants cabbage, kale, radish etc. 2-3h
    Other small seeds 2-6 hrs. Large seeds peas, lentils, grain, etc. 6-12hrs.
    Mucilaginous seeds cress, arugula, chia, flax, basil - do not soak, just mist to keep moist.
    Remember, these are ideal soak times but if in doubt soak less rather than more. If you do over soak, just carry on. Sprouts are very forgiving!

Rinse and drain 2 or 3 times each day with fresh cold water and invert the jar on angle to allow excess water to drain.

And lastly. . . Enjoy!

Place the finished sprouts in as sink of cold water and swirl to separate the hulls. The hulls are fine to eat but your sprouts will look much better without! Remove sprouts by the handful, rinsing under the tap. Most hulls should be left in the sink. Drain the sprouts and allow to dry for a few hours before storing in fridge. I like to eat the 'whole thing'...no wasting here

There are as many ways to grow sprouts as there are varieties of seed. Do what works for you and make it your own!

That's awesome! We have been always buying ours, yet we grow veggies and herbs in the garden. Definitely trying that. Thanks. What's your favorite source for seeds?
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I think this is the exact reason why I always opted to buy these lol :)

It's pretty intimidating to read through all of those steps, but honestly, once you go through it once, it's easy peasy after that. It's just rinsing and draining - the hardest part is remembering!

I found some plastic lid screens on Amazon that screw right onto the mason jar.

• vegmebuff
    Options
    redcase wrote: »
    I think this is the exact reason why I always opted to buy these lol :)

It's pretty intimidating to read through all of those steps, but honestly, once you go through it once, it's easy peasy after that. It's just rinsing and draining - the hardest part is remembering!

I found some plastic lid screens on Amazon that screw right onto the mason jar.

Absolutely - sounds daunting but is so simple. I've only used Mum's organic sprouting seeds so far(broccoli)
  • lbryans929
    lbryans929 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The posts about oatmeal made me think of suggesting adding canned pumpkin to ostmeal. So good! Add fresh grated nutmeg, other pumpkin spice. (Maybe it has been mentioned already. )
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 volume eating at its best. I bow my head for sure. Eating huge tubs of veggies is one thing, but eating this much flour is something else.

Details

buecxwyotrlk.jpeg

jn9xhl0rfqu1.jpeg

it seems to be working for him...I'll have to stick to my veggies that's for sure! lol
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 volume eating at its best. I bow my head for sure. Eating huge tubs of veggies is one thing, but eating this much flour is something else.

Details

buecxwyotrlk.jpeg

jn9xhl0rfqu1.jpeg

I would have heartburn for a week! Lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Good work! Pretty sure I could eat the whole thing too! I'd certainly love to try (minus bacon)!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Need a whole bottle of Mrs Butterworths to get that down.
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    plus...what place would ever sell this 'thing'? That is just silly - imo
  • icemom011
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Need a whole bottle of Mrs Butterworths to get that down.

Just look at those two monstrous pieces of bacon he had to force down along with I would guess 12000 calories of pancake haha :)

Ahhh, to be so young and to be able to eat like that!
  • icemom011
    Options
    @pinggolfer96 , obviously it was a food challenge, so it has to have the prize? What did you win?
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »
    @pinggolfer96 , obviously it was a food challenge, so it has to have the prize? What did you win?

T-shirt and the meal lol. And then I won some self pride and great photos for Instagram in just completing it😂😂 not serious on that part really lol but T-shirt and a meal.

You should have gotten two T-shirts for finishing your families meals too...oh, and the bacon too :D
    (you remind me of my brother at your age...man, could he 'put it away' - He always started and ended his day with a box of cereal and milk and would eat X-Lrg. homemade fully loaded pizzas and the like all day it seemed. He looked like you too! Now he's in his mid fifties and is overweight...)
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    icemom011 wrote: »

T-shirt and the meal lol. And then I won some self pride and great photos for Instagram in just completing it😂😂 not serious on that part really lol but T-shirt and a meal.

You should have gotten two T-shirts for finishing your families meals too...oh, and the bacon too :D
    (you remind me of my brother at your age...man, could he 'put it away' - He always started and ended his day with a box of cereal and milk and would eat X-Lrg. homemade fully loaded pizzas and the like all day it seemed. He looked like you too! Now he's in his mid fifties and is overweight...)

Don't get me wrong, I probably could finish it. Loli can plow through some food. Talking to a man who eats 2-3 lbs of veggies some days.