Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Foodfavor wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good website for volume eating recipes?

Following. I typically wing it. Or I put whatever I’m eating over a massive soaked or pile of broccoli, cauliflower, roasted squash, heaps of Zoodles - or whatever seems to go.

Thats the thing about volume eating. You have to include a boat load of greens with every meal, otherwise nothing else will give you the volume that will fill you up.
    The protein choices can change all the time and here is where you would get your taste and texture but it still has to go on top of or beside a huge pile of something green.
    So as long as you look up different cooking / marinading methods for protein, you are set.

Absolutely and spices are key for me! Anything from various vinegars/spices (I must have every one lol!)/salsas-kimchi-sauerkrauts,lemons/limes etc., etc., and then you can change a meal up
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know that the ultimate protein fluff recipe has been posted a billion times, but I can’t pinpoint the right one when I’ve tried searching the thread. Would someone mind reposting it here? Thank you!!!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Here’s what I do:
    Ice in food processor to cover blades, blend to snow

Add dash liquid Splenda & vanilla extract

Two Tablespoon protein powder (I use quest)

4-6oz unsweet almond milk

Run on high til in nearly pops the top off, scrape down sides periodically

Once you get it down, there are a gazillion variations. I don’t use xantham at all. Don’t add anything with fat, or it won’t fluff.
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    Thank you!! I’ll definitely try out both recipes!
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    Does anyone have a food processor or blender that they recommend? It's so hard looking in stores and sifting through online reviews and knowing what is really good.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have the Ninja and it works awesome blending the ice into snow. Doesn't take long at all.
    ETA: Ninja Master Prep Professional.. it's a set of 3. Sold at Target for $50
  • Sallyw2004
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions! I tried out a few different versions of the fluff and seemed to have the best results with a combination of Quest and xanthan gum. I’m really looking forward to getting a new blender because I had to use an ice shaver, my current completely non-powerful blender, and then an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to get it to fluff up.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestions! I tried out a few different versions of the fluff and seemed to have the best results with a combination of Quest and xanthan gum. I’m really looking forward to getting a new blender because I had to use an ice shaver, my current completely non-powerful blender, and then an electric mixer with a whisk attachment to get it to fluff up.

Yes, I tried out a few at first too and had the best end result with Quest and xanthan gum! A good blender makes a huge difference too!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else go way over their carb limit b/c of fruits and veggies?
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

And possibly way under fats? I struggle hard to get my 33g of fat I want for recomp.

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

And possibly way under fats? I struggle hard to get my 33g of fat I want for recomp.

Cook your veggies in oil - problem solved.

Or top them hummus or guacamole.
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yes! I eat tons of fruit during the day. Turkey, chicken. Big meals at night (usually 800-1500 calories). Lots of items. I do a lot of cardio and strength workouts in the afternoon before dinner. I’m pretty active so I have to eat at various times when I get hungry. I’ve lost 57 pounds on here and 76 total since Jan 2017.
  • sonyajohnston1006
    sonyajohnston1006 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Found a new low cal treat, especially for summer nights when it’s hot! I ordered sugar green snow cone syrup on amazon that’s basically zero cals and then made snow in my ninja blender!! Omg so good! Reminds me of when I was younger, I love snow cones lol.

4d23nglx9fdk.jpeg
    btmkvokgrclv.jpeg

Ugh I love you for this, THANK YOU!!! 😍😍😍 I cannot wait to make these 😁😁😁
  • marcvb35
    marcvb35 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I just had a 1.5 pound salad and I am still hungry.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »

That’s why I make 5-6lb salads....and I’m not joking...I’ll show the scale....
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »

That’s why I make 5-6lb salads....and I’m not joking...I’ll show the scale....

I have GOT to see that 6lb salad lol