• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Thing i like about volume eating.......
    https://youtu.be/oE0sddhCIdE
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What low cal salad dressings do you guys use? I think I need to move on from hot sauce and salsa 🤪
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    What low cal salad dressings do you guys use? I think I need to move on from hot sauce and salsa 🤪

I just swirl some mustard over the top of my salad and then use vinegar (apple cider or red wine) or pickle juice (bread n butter). Then I'll use some garlic powder and paprika. Put the top on the container and shake so it all mixes in! It's delicious!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    No photo as I've mostly eaten it already.

Cook 70gr. rice in cooker
    cut leftover hard-ish vegetables and stirfry in a wok (I used green beans, cauliflaur, radish, and spiralled squash)
    remove veggies from wok
    add finely chopped garlic, ginger, spring onion and 100gr. pork mince to wok and fry without oil
    add about 30ml soyasauce, about 10gr fermented beanpaste and 5gr swashed sesame seeds. Stirfry until crispy
    Serve rice in bowl and add veggies and mince mix.
    Cut pickled gherkin in fine pieces and add to the top

about 572kcal, and absolutely yum!
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »

I use Renee's Roasted Garlic Aioli Greek Yogurt dressing. I believe it is 35cal per tbsp and is packed with flavour. You can cut it with lemon juice if you want more dressing :smile:
  • Foodfavor
    Foodfavor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a good website for volume eating recipes?
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Like ThereAreMan I have things around that are no brainer, like precooked ground turkey patties, chicken breasts stuffed with something & grilled or baked & veggies/salads. My favorite dressing is Ken's lite northern italian 45cal for 2 Tbl. when I add a home made smoothie to any meal I'm stuffed
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    forgot to add: unsweetened apple sauce with lite cool whip
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Foodfavor wrote: »

Following. I typically wing it. Or I put whatever I’m eating over a massive soaked or pile of broccoli, cauliflower, roasted squash, heaps of Zoodles - or whatever seems to go.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Foodfavor wrote: »

Following. I typically wing it. Or I put whatever I’m eating over a massive soaked or pile of broccoli, cauliflower, roasted squash, heaps of Zoodles - or whatever seems to go.

Following. This was also my dinner tonight haha. And most nights...

• HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I put a TON of onion powder on my salads and veggies, LOL. I find it really gives salads a great flavor and almost like a chip coating, (I mixed it up after this) when it mixes with and thickens the dressing. So good!

I saw this last week and since then I have started putting onion powder on my salads. Holy Cow! What a difference. Most of the time I don't even need dressing. Actually, I now never need dressing, but sometimes add it for the taste.

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    HeyJudii wrote: »

I put a TON of onion powder on my salads and veggies, LOL. I find it really gives salads a great flavor and almost like a chip coating, (I mixed it up after this) when it mixes with and thickens the dressing. So good!

I saw this last week and since then I have started putting onion powder on my salads. Holy Cow! What a difference. Most of the time I don't even need dressing. Actually, I now never need dressing, but sometimes add it for the taste.

It really tastes fantastic, doesn't it! :) I find the texture even makes it feel a bit like grated cheese or something.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I also like TJ’s “everything but the bagel” seasoning on salads and grilled veggies.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    I also like TJ’s “everything but the bagel” seasoning on salads and grilled veggies.

I was just typing this! I LOVE that stuff! And Amazon brings it to my house :smiley: