Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    e83ivudupn0i.jpeg
    Huge plate of veggie stir fry with chicken for 210 calories. Had two platefuls. Only brand of the tofu noodles I like.
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Currently doing daily ‘fit-faux-Frappuccino’ blender disasters.

Bags of frozen coffee ice cubes and frozen silk unsweetened cashew milk cubes in freezer.

Tossing a few of each into the blender with more cold coffee, some stevia/monkfruit, some l-theanine, a scoop of collagen, some MCT oil, 1/2 scoop of the Combat protein powder I’m trying to use up, and a splash of almond extract.
    Blend.
    Add xanathan.
    Reblend.
    Pack into 2 Talenti containers and stash in freezer while washing blender, etc.

Eat with spoon.
  • charlotteddd
    charlotteddd Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Best Protein Fluff recipe?

I’m looking for fewest fancy ingredients. I have a stocked kitchen in general but currently don’t have xanthan gum. Is it essential?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

I’m looking for fewest fancy ingredients. I have a stocked kitchen in general but currently don’t have xanthan gum. Is it essential?

I've been making the protein "ice cream",(not the same as the fluff), because I don't let the blender run for several minutes. Done it with and without xantham gum - I prefer it without. Not essential for me.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options

I've been making the protein "ice cream",(not the same as the fluff), because I don't let the blender run for several minutes. Done it with and without xantham gum - I prefer it without. Not essential for me.

Made high protein fro yo tonight! Low fat yogurt, farelife milk. Liquid splenda, and xanthan gum. Just received a shipment of extracts. Made orange cream tonight!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options

All you really need is ice, whey/casein pp and milk/almond milk. Run the ice until snow add pp and liquid. Just that easy.
  • todayimstrong322
    todayimstrong322 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Huge green salad with red onion,tomato, arulga, mixed greens and topped with a grilled Beast Burger with pepper jack. Dessert was chia pudding. Good to go for the night.

Also added a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. The jury is stil out on that. Have you tried it?

I use nutritional yeast as a cheese replacement in eggs a lot. I also love it with zucchini, it helps it not be so watery and gives it a cheesy flavor. I don’t sprinkle it, I weigh out one or two servings and dump it in my food to get the full flavor and thickener effect. I meal prepped 4 meals worth of zoodles, cooked them down a little with S&P, pepper flakes and one serving of nutritional yeast and served a turkey/cauliflower rice marinara on top of the zoodles which didn’t just dump all their water into my bowl, the yeast helps so much!
  • jwoolman5
    jwoolman5 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

I also just ordered nutritional yeast (no clue what it tastes like) to sprinkle on broccoli, cauliflower, roast squash

Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor. Very nice on popcorn... plenty of ideas on the web about what to do with it. I would recommend just trying a little at a time until you figure out what works for you.

I used to get nutritional yeast in a huge tub (the empty is used as a waste basket) because I had cats who loved it. One cat would beg for more nutritional yeast topping before she even ate the regular cat food. Once I spilled a bunch on the floor and by the time I got back with something to clean it up -- it was GONE without a trace.

An alternative to Parmesan cheese is a blend of nutritional yeast and ground nuts/seeds. There must be recipes for homemade mixes floating around the web. I like the commercial Parma!, which just used ground walnuts originally but then added ground sunflower seeds and hemp seeds. So I think the possibilities are endless if you want to experiment.

I like to add Parma! to veggies, pasta, rice, etc. Also good on popcorn, especially with a green veggie powder.

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »

I also just ordered nutritional yeast (no clue what it tastes like) to sprinkle on broccoli, cauliflower, roast squash

Nutritional yeast has a cheesy flavor. Very nice on popcorn... plenty of ideas on the web about what to do with it. I would recommend just trying a little at a time until you figure out what works for you.

I used to get nutritional yeast in a huge tub (the empty is used as a waste basket) because I had cats who loved it. One cat would beg for more nutritional yeast topping before she even ate the regular cat food. Once I spilled a bunch on the floor and by the time I got back with something to clean it up -- it was GONE without a trace.

An alternative to Parmesan cheese is a blend of nutritional yeast and ground nuts/seeds. There must be recipes for homemade mixes floating around the web. I like the commercial Parma!, which just used ground walnuts originally but then added ground sunflower seeds and hemp seeds. So I think the possibilities are endless if you want to experiment.

I like to add Parma! to veggies, pasta, rice, etc. Also good on popcorn, especially with a green veggie powder.

I use ground cashews and nutritional yeast mix for vegan parm. Delicious and takes seconds to make. Never tried it on popcorn though, but definitely will, what a great idea!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    jwoolman5 wrote: »

Eat this nightly
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Pasta fan here. I'll have a (for me) huge amount of farfalle pasta today, with pieces of smoked chicken, sundried tomatoes and a bit of green pesto that I'll make myself.
  • kzshelbi
    kzshelbi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    baby spinach is my go to :)
  • purplefizzy
    Options
    First ever ‘lemon coconut blender sorbet’-

8 big cubes frozen lemon juice&zest
    4 cubes frozen silk unsweetened cashew milk
    3T liquid egg whites
    2 scoops vital proteins collagen (70 cals/2 scoops)
    Some monksweet (granulated low sugar sweetener)
    Some liquid Splenda
    2T canned coconut creme

Blend to all hell.
    Pack into old Talenti containers.
    Freeze one, eat one.
    Then go back and eat the other :)
  • purplefizzy
    Options
    Volume peeps, what are you eating this week??

Inspire me!!

I’m such a mass eater that pasta does not count as volume in my world, unless it’s shirataki or seriously cut with veggie spirals.

What volume meals are you loving right now?
    Any fun new volume-friendly finds?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options

36wo06zhutja.jpg
    I'm so boring...but still loving my baby bok choy/swiss chard/kale, etc., etc., and mandoline done daikon/English cucs/zucchini, mushrooms, Shirataki noodles etc., massive stir fries or salads, soups

Found some organic Oyster Mushrooms at T+T Market for a good price too...

Did decided to try this spice - a large container for around $10...so I hesitated. Sure glad I did! My new favorite spice (I LOVE spices!). It's like better version of lemon zest. I'm in love
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    36wo06zhutja.jpg
    I'm so boring...but still loving my baby bok choy/swiss chard/kale, etc., etc., and mandoline done daikon/English cucs/zucchini, mushrooms, Shirataki noodles etc., massive stir fries or salads, soups

Found some organic Oyster Mushrooms at T+T Market for a good price too...

Did decided to try this spice - a large container for around $10...so I hesitated. Sure glad I did! My new favorite spice (I LOVE spices!). It's like better version of lemon zest. I'm in love

+1 for sumac, it's my relatively recent discovery as well.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    This snickerdoodle ice cream fluff was pure magic! Used 1/2 scoop cinnamon crunch PP and 1/2 scoop Salted caramel PP. Topping is 1/2 tbsp Sola sweetener with dash of cinnamon tossed in plain Ezekiel cereal.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    f8tjudgbdkr0.jpg

Will have with some of this yummy cake and some ice 'cream' fluff for snack...once again, thanks for the recipe https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10642391/protein-angel-food-cake-make-it/p1