Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Where did you find that rice?

Whole foods is one of many places, also Amazon. In the shiratake rice, just like the noodles.
    Yes you can find any of those places. I buy it at wegmans. It is the only brand I’ll eat. All of the other brands I’ve tried were gross in texture and more clear like the tofu noodles. For some reason the tofu shirts ski and miracle noodle brand I find gross and they make me nauseous but not this brand. I’d eat them more often if they weren’t like 3.59 a bag.

What section? I skimmed the refrigerated tofuey section and the rice sections but didn't see it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    glassyo wrote: »

Whole foods is one of many places, also Amazon. In the shiratake rice, just like the noodles.
    Yes you can find any of those places. I buy it at wegmans. It is the only brand I’ll eat. All of the other brands I’ve tried were gross in texture and more clear like the tofu noodles. For some reason the tofu shirts ski and miracle noodle brand I find gross and they make me nauseous but not this brand. I’d eat them more often if they weren’t like 3.59 a bag.

What section? I skimmed the refrigerated tofuey section and the rice sections but didn't see it.

They are not refrigerated! I find them in the noodle/rice organic area in Wegmans. They might be by the gluten free pasta/rice too. I haven't found at any other stores but just assumed whole foods would have. I also buy online from amazon/vitacost when they have sales.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

They are not refrigerated! I find them in the noodle/rice organic area in Wegmans. They might be by the gluten free pasta/rice too. I haven't found at any other stores but just assumed whole foods would have. I also buy online from amazon/vitacost when they have sales.

LOL @just_Tomek mentioned Whole Foods. I checked amazon and, damn, that doesn't go for cheap!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member

LOL @just_Tomek mentioned Whole Foods. I checked amazon and, damn, that doesn't go for cheap!

They are in the "natures market place" section in my wegmans!
  • jmorton36153
    jmorton36153 Posts: 6 Member
    For volume food, I like to steam brussels sprouts, broccoli, and cauliflower. Also, cutting a cabbage into wedges and roasting it is a good easy way to make some good volume food.
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    Package from naturamarket.ca arrived to supplement my volume eating ways

65mapwlpkbcr.jpg

Well, Happy New Year to you!! (And those companies (: )
    (On a side note: I am munching on a massive egg white "omelet" with bell peppers and shirataki, all atop a large nest of salad greens as I type!! - or, rather, between letter-tapping :blush: )

I wish you, and the rest of this rich community a healthy, happy, and enlightening year ahead!!
  • redcase
    redcase Posts: 69 Member
    Package from naturamarket.ca arrived to supplement my volume eating ways

65mapwlpkbcr.jpg

Ooooh great noodle selection. Looks like I have a new site to check out. Thanks!
  • mytyglotz
    edited January 2020
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

Do any of you have a recipe or recipe ideas incorporating kelp noodles?
    I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

Thank you ♡
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    mytyglotz wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?
    I did a quick search in this forum prior to asking a question that I thought might've already been answered, but I only found a few posts regarding my current topic of interest, ....so I hope it is okay for me to go ahead and ask!! (:

I've made cold "salads" before (and not very creative ones, might I ask), but I would really appreciate any tried-and-approved ideas you all might have to offer!!

Thank you ♡

I don't know about your experiences regarding Kelp Noodles....I thought they were great until my body needed to digest them...not a good thing for me....
  • mytyglotz
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Hello!!
    How are you All?

Thank you ♡

I don't know about your experiences regarding Kelp Noodles....I thought they were great until my body needed to digest them...not a good thing for me....

Oh man..I am sorry. Digestive discomfort is....uncomfortable!!
    I admire how you recognize your body's cues as to what it "likes" and "dislikes". I think that's very important in learning how to respect and nourish your body adequately.
    Thank you for being kind to share your own experience.
  • redcase

I just add them to my lunch salads. Sorry, that's not very creative.

• mytyglotz
    Hello!!
    How are you All?

Thank you ♡

Curries.
    Stir fries.
    Basically............ anything Asian. Any recipe that uses noodles, use these.

Thank you very much!!
    From what I've gathered in this forum, you are a culinary artist!!
    I was under the impression that kelp noodles can't really be cooked or exposed to heat. So, is that false?
    Or, is there a type of curry or stir-fry that I don't know about that is not cooked? :D
  • mytyglotz
    redcase wrote: »

I just add them to my lunch salads. Sorry, that's not very creative.

No - thank you very much for your ideas!! May I bother you some more and ask what all you include in your kelp noodle salads?

I really apologize - I know I can easily look this all up on Pinterest or sites of the like, which I have, but it's really nice to just speak directly to people and see what they're tried and have or have not liked.
  • redcase
    No - thank you very much for your ideas!! May I bother you some more and ask what all you include in your kelp noodle salads?

Sure, I'm not sure it would appeal to most people but I'm happy to share! My lunch salad today is some baby romaine, avocado, maple bacon tempeh, some lentils, and kelp noodles (I cut them up), with sesame thai dressing.

• PAPYRUS3
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

What brand of beancurd noodles do you purchase?...It does look yummy
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Looks good!
  • PAPYRUS3
    Spicy beancurd (tofu) noodles stirfry with mushrooms and bokchoy. Love this stuff!!!

xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg

Perfect...I'll be getting to T & T within the next few days...also need to stock up on Shirataki noodles🙂
  • PAPYRUS3

xg5kpe4g1tiu.jpg

This is what I bought from T&T, the brown bag. Its in the same section as all the other tofu. 300g package and they clock in at 300cal for package and give you 42g protein. Taste great cold (as is) or in a stirfry, like I did.

chinese-tofu-noodles.jpg

Perfect...I'll be getting to T & T within the next few days...also need to stock up on Shirataki noodles🙂

Do you have this available??? https://www.instacart.ca/store/t-t/storefront

I do, however T & T is not one of the stores available to me 😐

Thanks though
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Bump: recently I've been eating whole cooked cabbages baked in my oven for liek 2 hours and also been loving the radish baked life and using tomato juice rather than a sauce to cook veggies in
  • mytyglotz
    edited February 2020
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    Bump: recently I've been eating whole cooked cabbages baked in my oven for liek 2 hours and also been loving the radish baked life and using tomato juice rather than a sauce to cook veggies in

Thank you for sharing (and "bump"ing!! It's been a bit quiet around here lately. (: )
    Can I ask you a bit of a personal question - by first emphasizing that I do NOT expect you to answer it, or respond at all!! I don't want to overstep my boundaries?:

My question for you is regarding your cabbage consumption (or really any volume vegetable consumption):
    ....Do you feel "bloated" or overly full when you eat large portions of vegetables?
    Does it vary depending on its state (cooked versus raw)?

Thank you, again. And that gratitude remains whether you answer those pesky questions or not!! (: