What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this won't go down too well but my personal bete noire is 'my journey'. Makes me cringe!

As another person said, mine would be Detox and Cleanse. Don't care for "fasting" all that much either. Don't mind journey so much though. For some people that's exactly what it is.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    shrcpr wrote: »
    Losing weight is x% diet and x% exercise.

It's not. It's 100% a calorie deficit. How each person chooses to get to a deficit is completely up to them.

(Wow, I had to read this like 15 times before posting to make sure I didn't misspell losing. And, then I had to look up misspell...)

^All of this. +100 Well said!

Too much lazy thinking and lack of exercise due to statements like "Weight loss is 100% diet" or "You can't out-train a bad diet."

In principle those statements are reasonable but they encourage people to take the lazy way out and skip proper exercise programs, only to later say "THIS ISN'T WORKING!!!"

Giving overweight people an excuse to MOVE LESS or to think losing excess body fat will not be HARD WORK is not a good idea.

Sorry, back to the Thread.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »

You can't out-run a bad diet.

Don't tell the military because evidently we haven't learned this yet.
    Exactly my point. The number of people I've seen come out of Boot about 20 lbs leaner seems to contradict the claim.
    One generally needs to eat everything that isn't nailed down just to endure it.
  • Ghostofachance
    Ghostofachance Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this won't go down too well but my personal bete noire is 'my journey'. Makes me cringe!

^^This