What terms/phrases wind you up about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    Tone/toned - What other word would you used for a person wanting to not be saggy-baggy? I suppose there's "firm" but why is that somehow less annoying than "tone"?

People who say they want to "tone up" or "tone their muscles" tend to think that certain exercises will change the shape of their muscles. That's basically impossible.

If somebody wants to "firm up", that basically means they want to lose some more fat from over top of the muscles and really has nothing to do with the muscles at all.

So, I guess that makes "firm" or "lean" a better term because it actually describes what the person wants?

("Muscle tone" is a real thing, but it's not what most people are describing when they talk about taking a yoga class to tone up.)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    Mommies only or women only
    Seriously we are adults here why can't we be friends regardless of gender and kids

Cause we're all different. :laugh:
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    sjaplo wrote: »
    I bolded your statement because I fail to understand why you took offence to learning something new - if English is indeed a second language for you then you now know the difference and can use either word correctly in the future. "Ich bien ein berliner" if you see what I mean?

"I am a doughnut!"?! -- Eddie Izzard?!

hahaha - thanks for the laugh.
  • LadyLilion
    LadyLilion Posts: 276 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're referring to my use of "snowflake", I'm not a snowflake - I'm a human being. I don't melt, completely, when it's hot out. I'm also not insulting anyone.

But that's the beauty of opinion's, you don't have to agree :smile:

Actually, I'm thinking other people have used snowflake. Maybe it just caught my eye, because it's the thing that annoys me. I agree...to disagree. ;)

• brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    LadyLilion wrote: »
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're referring to my use of "snowflake", I'm not a snowflake - I'm a human being. I don't melt, completely, when it's hot out. I'm also not insulting anyone.

But that's the beauty of opinion's, you don't have to agree :smile:

Actually, I'm thinking other people have used snowflake. Maybe it just caught my eye, because it's the thing that annoys me. I agree...to disagree. ;)

Fair enough :smile:
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I bolded your statement because I fail to understand why you took offence to learning something new - if English is indeed a second language for you then you now know the difference and can use either word correctly in the future. "Ich bien ein berliner" if you see what I mean?

"I am a doughnut!"?! -- Eddie Izzard?!

Originally JFK in a speech in Berlin - saw Eddie Izzard live a couple of years ago - left halfway through. Not nearly as funny as the youtube vids - but maybe it was an off night.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Originally JFK in a speech in Berlin - saw Eddie Izzard live a couple of years ago - left halfway through. Not nearly as funny as the youtube vids - but maybe it was an off night.
    He makes that point in his joke. I have seen him live a few times.
    My wife and I enjoyed it. We will see him again if we have the opportunity, I'm sure.

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    He makes that point in his joke. I have seen him live a few times.
    My wife and I enjoyed it. We will see him again if we have the opportunity, I'm sure.

Jealous! I love Eddie Izzard.

Favorites bits include Cake or Death skit and Haaalp, I'm covered in beeeeeeees.

:lol::heart:
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Favorites bits include Cake or Death skit and Haaalp, I'm covered in beeeeeeees.

:lol::heart:
    "It's a good thing I'm Church of England!" :D