What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options
cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

For example,

My brother thought the UK had a billion people in it, then when he saw my confused expression he over corrected and said five million. He got really angry when I started laughing. He works for the British civil service.

(65.14 million for anyone that's wondering)

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    About the Underground Railroad.... "There has to be an opening for the railroad, because somebody's driving the train. It's not electric like what we have now."

Mind you, this was an african american woman whose great grandfather was a civil rights leader.

lol, gotta love those housewives.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I was born in Flushing, NYC, and grew up in the Hamptons, on eastern Long Island. I lived in San Francisco from 1978 to 1983. Out there, I knew a guy, Jerry, from Canarsie, in Brooklyn. We had an ongoing argument over whether Brooklyn was on Long Island.

For the record, Long Island is the entire land mass from the East River, which separates it from Manhattan and the Bronx, to Montauk Point at its easternmost end. It includes four NY counties: Kings Co., aka Brooklyn; Queens Co.; Nassau Co.; and Suffolk Co. See map below.

Jerry's position was that one had to cross over water to get from Brooklyn to Long Island. When I asked him to specify which body of water he was referring to, he said, "Paerdegaat Creek!" Look it up!!

What an idiot! (he's dead now, anyway...)

kr8l9xnza8d1.png

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    "The movie The Poseidon Adventure was based on an actual event."

Said by me circa 1973!
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I can't give you the Pacifics (as in specifics). A grown *kitten* adult.

How about 'uren afection'? And, law school - now's that scary or what?
    Anyway, someone I know is a middle school teacher, she spells about the same, 'namonia' (pneumonia) and such
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Phantom for fathom? Yikes.