What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's a highly technical thing, but it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I had to share it.

I work in the semiconductor design business. I am a layout designer. The circuit designer creates the circuit, I create the physical drawing of the circuit. The circuit communicates to the rest of the world by wires which connect to the chip at special structures called 'bond pads', which are large targets for wires to hit. After the circuit designer does his work and after the layout designer does his work, the fab does its work and eventually the product engineer gets the task of supporting all the activities of mass producing the chip in its package with all its bond wires connected to all its bond pads. One day the product engineer called me to ask, "Is there a bond pad on this chip you don't really need me to connect?"

I performed marvelously in not laughing out loud. Instead, I said, "I'm just the layout designer, you need to ask that question to the circuit designer".

I waited a minute and then went to visit the circuit designer. We had a big laugh together.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The American movies about events in some foreign country, e.g. 19th century Japan, and all native people speak English with fake Japanese accent. The dumbest thing ever
  • Allgaun
    Allgaun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    "Do those stairs go up?"

I was working at a museum and people would ask where the bathroom was or certain galleries. One day a woman asked me if the stairs went up. Normal stairs.

This makes me laugh, I work in a library there is a staircase to the lower level, people will stand right in front of the stairs and ask for directions to certain departments. When I say "Downstairs" they point and ask "This way?"
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    It's a highly technical thing, but it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I had to share it.

I work in the semiconductor design business. I am a layout designer. The circuit designer creates the circuit, I create the physical drawing of the circuit. The circuit communicates to the rest of the world by wires which connect to the chip at special structures called 'bond pads', which are large targets for wires to hit. After the circuit designer does his work and after the layout designer does his work, the fab does its work and eventually the product engineer gets the task of supporting all the activities of mass producing the chip in its package with all its bond wires connected to all its bond pads. One day the product engineer called me to ask, "Is there a bond pad on this chip you don't really need me to connect?"

I performed marvelously in not laughing out loud. Instead, I said, "I'm just the layout designer, you need to ask that question to the circuit designer".

I waited a minute and then went to visit the circuit designer. We had a big laugh together.

Semiconductor Design Comedy is the Best.

Did you hear the one about the 80 KEV High Voltage Stack?

• RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    "Do those stairs go up?"

I was working at a museum and people would ask where the bathroom was or certain galleries. One day a woman asked me if the stairs went up. Normal stairs.

:D:D:D
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    one time we were driving and saw a snake in the middle of the road. she pulled up to it and started saying hiss hiss i gave her this look -.- and asked what are you doing? she replied i dont want it to get ran over and i ask did it hiss back at you? lololol!

I would so done the Harry Potter thing.. :D
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    My co-worker's boyfriend is out of town. So, we were talking about his birthday next week. And she states," OMG his birthday is next week and he is going to miss it." Mind you, there is no party or special dinner planned... :D
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    My co-worker's boyfriend is out of town. So, we were talking about his birthday next week. And she states," OMG his birthday is next week and he is going to miss it." Mind you, there is no party or special dinner planned... :D

she was talking bout birthday sex

That's it!
  • highwood1968
    highwood1968 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I was griping to a co-worker about how my supervisor, thinks if your husband makes decent money, why a woman would even work, and how ridiculous I thought that statement was......

So after I vented about this to my coworker who appeared to agree with me, she then says "so why do you work, your husband makes good money?"

• itsy_bitsy_spider
    itsy_bitsy_spider Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not dumb-dumb, just ignorantly cute... when we were discussing the modern wonders of the world last year, my 3rd grader truly thought Chichen-Itza was called "Chicken Pizza". I suspect his parents played a cruel joke lol.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Semiconductor Design Comedy is the Best.

Did you hear the one about the 80 KEV High Voltage Stack?

@Motorsheen You mean like http://www.iessemiconductorparts.com/products/80-kev-high-voltage-stack/228/ ?