What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options

Replies

• dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    dc8066 wrote: »
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    My best friend, also a nurse, worked on the Med Surg floor whilst I was in OB/Birthing Unit.... I told her that there had been a set of twins born, a girl right before midnight and a boy shortly thereafter....So twins with different birthdays. She thought about my story for a moment and then asked if the twins were identical!!! Ummm...I can think of one pretty significant difference!! Lol!! I am blaming it on the long shift we had both worked!!

I dont get it. Why can't they be identical?

Identical twins are of the same sex

Yeah...that's not true brah. You can has identical twins of different genders.

Maybe we should ask the doctor who lost 2 kg in 9 days about identical twins of different genders. I am just a ballerina here (sigh)
    Is 'brah' a female version of 'bro'?

Nah I just used it for a generic "mate" "buddy" kinda deal.

In some cases the egg has 3 sex cells, so for example XXY so when split it ends up XX & XY hence the two genders. it's still monozygotic.

According to the scientists, it is possible. But, it is so rare that is almost non-existent.

Yep rare but not impossible.

It is also possible that they are conjoined since they are identical. Would you assume that though?

eh? no. Why would I assume that lol

Exactly. No reason for that girl in the story to assume that identical twins were of opposite genders
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    My best friend, also a nurse, worked on the Med Surg floor whilst I was in OB/Birthing Unit.... I told her that there had been a set of twins born, a girl right before midnight and a boy shortly thereafter....So twins with different birthdays. She thought about my story for a moment and then asked if the twins were identical!!! Ummm...I can think of one pretty significant difference!! Lol!! I am blaming it on the long shift we had both worked!!

Maybe we should ask the doctor who lost 2 kg in 9 days about identical twins of different genders. I am just a ballerina here (sigh)

In some cases the egg has 3 sex cells, so for example XXY so when split it ends up XX & XY hence the two genders. it's still monozygotic.

According to the scientists, it is possible. But, it is so rare that is almost non-existent.

It is also possible that they are conjoined since they are identical. Would you assume that though?

Exactly. No reason for that girl in the story to assume that identical twins were of opposite genders

Um.....

girl is told there are twins of two different genders. (when most people hear twins they naturally assume identical)
    girl asks if twins are identical
    girl gets ribbed in "dumbest thing you've ever heard" thread for something that isnt actually that dumb

I no get your argument.
  • dc8066
    Options

Um.....

girl is told there are twins of two different genders. (when most people hear twins they naturally assume identical)
    girl gets ribbed in "dumbest thing you've ever heard" thread for something that isnt actually that dumb

I no get your argument.

Considering that only a few identical twins of opposite genders were ever documented throughout history, and that the girl mentioned was a nurse, it is not very smart. She could've as well asked if they were conjoined or had tails.
    Anyway, I tried.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

Um.....

I no get your argument.

Considering that only a few identical twins of opposite genders were ever documented throughout history, and that the girl mentioned was a nurse, it is not very smart. She could've as well asked if they were conjoined or had tails.
    Anyway, I tried.

This is a pointless argument anyway because we dont know what she was thinking when she asked. That being said, If she had asked if they were conjoined she would have had a straight "No" and maybe an odd look. However, it's been presented as if shes said something sooooo very stupid but in fact she hasn't and that's only due to others lack of knowledge. Rarity is not a factor in right vs wrong.

and yep i feel the same way, i tried :tongue:
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The most stupid question ever, but nevertheless frequently, asked: Are you asleep?

I mean, what kind of answer is expected?
    Especially if the correct answer would be "Yes"?
  • dc8066
    Options

Um.....

I no get your argument.

Anyway, I tried.

This is a pointless argument anyway because we dont know what she was thinking when she asked. That being said, If she had asked if they were conjoined she would have had a straight "No" and maybe an odd look. However, it's been presented as if shes said something sooooo very stupid but in fact she hasn't and that's only due to others lack of knowledge. Rarity is not a factor in right vs wrong.

and yep i feel the same way, i tried :tongue:

At least, we discussed the issue of identical twins :D
  • bobtater1
    bobtater1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    I haven't heard them "say" it but "they" keep asking:
    Where is EVERYONE from?"

Drives me nuts.

I always say, "My Momma."
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    "I love you" :D
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If you go on any wild conspiracy theory page like the flat earthers you will literally have people denying the theory of gravity and believing 10's of millions of people from every single airline pilot to satellite engineers to mobile phone operators are in on it (for some reason), I didn't think people were so dumb but there's loads of them.

I suspect "truther" websites (which although are also crazy, at least has threads of plausibility sewn in there to make the theories appear legitimate, especially for those who were rightly suspicious about the Iraq war) are a bit of a gateway drug to some of these people and then every possible conspiracy posed is given some merit especially if it sounds like some Matrix-esque hollywood plot where only super smart special people (like them) are "woke".

If you want to really jump down the rabbit hole look up the Mandela effect on Shazam

That's because peoples memories are constantly falling through from parallel dimensions where Mandela died in prison and where Shazam was a movie about a genie.

It is very dimensionist of you to disregard their true memories.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    If you go on any wild conspiracy theory page like the flat earthers you will literally have people denying the theory of gravity and believing 10's of millions of people from every single airline pilot to satellite engineers to mobile phone operators are in on it (for some reason), I didn't think people were so dumb but there's loads of them.

I suspect "truther" websites (which although are also crazy, at least has threads of plausibility sewn in there to make the theories appear legitimate, especially for those who were rightly suspicious about the Iraq war) are a bit of a gateway drug to some of these people and then every possible conspiracy posed is given some merit especially if it sounds like some Matrix-esque hollywood plot where only super smart special people (like them) are "woke".

If you want to really jump down the rabbit hole look up the Mandela effect on Shazam

That's because peoples memories are constantly falling through from parallel dimensions where Mandela died in prison and where Shazam was a movie about a genie.

It is very dimensionist of you to disregard their true memories.

:lol:

9je8dvtonruz.gif

That's ok, making mistakes are just another opportunity to learn
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Played softball with a guy, really nice but not too bright. Was always talking about his uncle but never said his name. The team assumed his uncle must be someone well known in the community. Finally, someone asked him, who's your uncle? His reply, "My daddy's brother."