What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options

Replies

• ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    My ex once told me that I shouldn't wash apples before eating them because I, "would wash all of the goodness out of them"..

Glad he's your ex...
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to think about this...
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I did have a cousin who advised us to piss on an electric fence... and he did, and it was just as dumb as you would expect that to turn out...but I'm sure I can think of something way more dumb
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A politician in America (Congressman Hank Johnson) said that if too many people were on one side of an island (Guam), the island would tip over (capsize). Can an island flip over?
  • KimmalyS
    KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    After watching the national anthem at the Sox game the other night, random guy at the bar said to the owner of the Chinese restaurant we were at: "I like the work you are doing in MY country.. that's right, in MY country". He went on to say "my country" about 3 more times.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My ex once told me that I shouldn't wash apples before eating them because I, "would wash all of the goodness out of them"..

Glad he's your ex...

Same.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Someone suggesting Jackie Chan negotiate with aliens instead of Chuck Norris.
  • OnthatStuff
    OnthatStuff Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    What an idiot! (he's dead now, anyway...)

Interesting story, @vikinglander. Did you kill him? :confused:

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    What an idiot! (he's dead now, anyway...)

Interesting story, @vikinglander. Did you kill him? :confused:

LOL! NO!! Natural causes...
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    From my mother in law - I didn't want to visit my niece because she's so fat it disgusts me.
    It's more judgmental than dumb though. As I'm on a fat loss journey I took it really dang personally and told her exactly what I thought, repeatedly.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    From my mother in law - I didn't want to visit my niece because she's so fat it disgusts me.
    It's more judgmental than dumb though. As I'm on a fat loss journey I took it really dang personally and told her exactly what I thought, repeatedly.

Wow. :/
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    62apples wrote: »
    A politician in America (Congressman Hank Johnson) said that if too many people were on one side of an island (Guam), the island would tip over (capsize). Can an island flip over?

^^This was just amazing the first time I saw it.
    Two minute video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs23CjIWMgA

Comments on Guam tipping over
    During a House Armed Services Committee hearing on March 25, 2010 concerning the U.S. military installation on the island of Guam, Johnson said to Admiral Robert F. Willard, Commander of U.S. Pacific Command, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize", to which Admiral Willard replied, "We don't anticipate that." (Wikipedia)

Wow! I'm going to google where he went to college/university at and make sure I don't hire anyone from that school. LOL
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options

Good Old Foundry Music logo from Steve C. "yeeesssss"
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    If you go on any wild conspiracy theory page like the flat earthers you will literally have people denying the theory of gravity and believing 10's of millions of people from every single airline pilot to satellite engineers to mobile phone operators are in on it (for some reason), I didn't think people were so dumb but there's loads of them.

I suspect "truther" websites (which although are also crazy, at least has threads of plausibility sewn in there to make the theories appear legitimate, especially for those who were rightly suspicious about the Iraq war) are a bit of a gateway drug to some of these people and then every possible conspiracy posed is given some merit especially if it sounds like some Matrix-esque hollywood plot where only super smart special people (like them) are "woke".