July 4.........Rest Day..........MTD 12.1
    July 5.........8.5 miles..........MTD 20.6
    July 6.........3.1 miles..........MTD 23.7
    July 7.........3.5 miles..........MTD 27.2
    July 8.........Rest day..........MTD 27.2
    July 9.........8.5 miles.........MTD 35.7
    July 10.......3.5 miles.........MTD 39.2
    July 11.......8.0 miles.........MTD 47.2

Temp was still in the 90's well past 7pm so I was relegated to some easy treadmill running. Did 8 miles at a very reserved pace and felt great after I was finished. I was watching the Tour De France while on the treadmill, so even if I were running hard I knew I wasn't suffering nearly as bad as the riders on TV. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Geek mode question... I know the rule is, nothing new on race day... does that pertain to GPS watches too? new conundrum....LOL

It does - but only if you are going to be futzing with it and worrying about it doing the right thing instead of running.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 85 mile (yeah, a REAL goal!)

7/1 3.75
    7/2 3.52
    7/3 rest
    7/4 3.26
    7/5 5.18
    7/6 snorkel 3.5 hours
    7/7 3.40
    7/8 6.00
    7/9 anniversary wine and dine
    7/10 4.23
    7/11 3.25

Total 32.59

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:
    exercise.png
    upcoming races:
    Fun in the Sun Virtual 10k 6/28/17
    Race to Cure Sarcoma Month of July
    Volcano Rainforest Runs 10k 8/19
    BlockThe Sun Run 5k Oct 14 (https://walk.aimatmelanoma.org/Hilo2017) (physical and virtual options available)
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 ask and ye shall find ;) : http://www.goldenultra.com/news/2017/7/9/giddy-up-golden-ultra

It's for the 'Sweat' course. May have considered it...husband may have said no lol
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Good advice on treadmills. I don't want anything fancy. A basic model will work for me. I never use the programs anyway, just the manual setting. And yeah, don't have too much to spend. Craigslist may be the way to go.

That is pretty much all the one I have in our home does.

I like the ones we have at the gym are neat because they have famous trails built in. You pick a trail and give it an average incline and go. The screen (which is probably like 15") shows the trail, and a fan kicks on. It adjusts the incline on the dreadmill following the trail. So as the trail goes up, the incline increases, as the trail goes down, the incline decreases and all that. Little facts pop up about what you are seeing as you run. I am not a fan of dreadmill runs, but this makes it slightly more bearable since it is not quite as monotonous.

Pretty sure that dreadmill does not cost $100 though. :)

That's a much more interesting run on a dreadmill I'm sure. It'd be nice to have one like that but for the cost and if electronics died making it useless junk.

I have one my son bought for his mother of which I am the sole user. It sure doesn't have any bells and whistles, but it is functional. I plug jams into my headphones and focus on a wall. It's pretty boring, but the music helps a lot.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Sliedur wrote: »

That's a much more interesting run on a dreadmill I'm sure. It'd be nice to have one like that but for the cost and if electronics died making it useless junk.

I have one my son bought for his mother of which I am the sole user. It sure doesn't have any bells and whistles, but it is functional. I plug jams into my headphones and focus on a wall. It's pretty boring, but the music helps a lot.

We put a 32" TV in front of ours, a DVD player, and a fan. :) Bet it is still way cheaper than that unit in the gym.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB @Juliet5443 @PastorVincent The moment really is at hand. I'm jumping into trail racing at the deep end, with a marathon in 3 days and an ultra in just over 3 months... I'm just a little crazy...LOL

@PastorVincent probably won't be futzing with it. I have a chance to set up on Thursday and Friday, so it should be all good... truthfully, I'm more likely to ignore it if I'm not used to it than to futz with it while running...
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Main goal is to survive the Eugene Curnow Trail marathon and get more time on feet.
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 100? Maybe I'll be a PastorVincent and set my goal at the end of the month

7/1- 11
    7/2- REST/Family day
    7/3- REST/Family Day
    7/4- 6ey stinger
    7/5- 5
    7/6- 6
    7/6- 5.1<--daily double
    7/7- REST
    7/8-17.7
    7/9-9
    7/10- REST
    7/11- 3.1

Total: 63.2

Today's notes: Another quality morning on the ski hills with 866ft it was a tough one again. As usual, with walking the nasty hills, it was slow, but faster than yesterday, because I knew the route a little better. I averaged 14:20/mile. With a trail marathon "training run" on Saturday, I'll probably rest the next 2 days to give my calves a break.

2017 Races Scheduled
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon 4:24:06
    7/15- Eugene Curnow Trail Marathon
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon (full)
    10/21 Wild Duluth 100k
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey Trot
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Giving my new shoes a run tonight. I felt a couple of aches and twinges in my ankle and hip on Monday after my run. Nothing bad, but enough to make me wonder if perhaps my old shoes really need to be retired. There's 350 miles on them, but I kept thinking, well they look OK so I'll just add a few more miles.

Last night I got the new ones (identical pair) out of the box and put them side by side. Er yeah, the tread is pretty worn out. If they were tyres, they wouldn't pass the MOT.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 - travel day
    7/2 - unpack truck day
    7/3 - 4 miles
    7/4 - more unpacking
    7/5 - exhausted
    7/6 - 3 miles
    7/7 - 8K 5 miles the 2nd of the 3 race in the Grand Prix series
    7/8 - 3 miles - very tired legs
    7/9 - rest day, more unpacking day
    7/10 - 6 miles
    7/11 - 4 miles
    7/12 - rest day

25 out of 80 miles

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Good luck @MNLittleFinn ! Just remember: left right left right left right! That plus breathing occasionally will carry you through :)
    Excellent advice! Here, have a +1 insightful!