• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Katie sorry about your cousin.

Carol prayers over your mom's estate.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    NYKaren: I have had 2 colonoscopies & neither of them was awful but they were invasive and required anesthesia. I'm not asked to do them anymore because I switched to a very disgusting option where I put a little of my poo on a card and mail it off somewhere. It is a dramatically less invasive and less expensive option. I think you should ask your doctor about it. (((hugs)))

Heather: WTG! I hope your DH is more relaxed & enjoys himself on your cruise. :heart:

Dr. Katie: Congrats on experimenting with the Instant Pot. I'm not ready yet. I am so sorry about the loss of your cousin. :broken_heart: I think you will do a great job with the funeral. (((HUGS)))

Pip: (((HUGS)))

Michele: I don't have an Instant Pot but we always brown our meat before putting it into a slow cooker or pressure cooker. :smiley:

Newbies: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Lenore: Were you addressing comments about Tomcat to me or Allison? I don't think anything nice about Tomcat. :noway: I only think about Allie's wellbeing & hope she ends up happy. :smile:

Kim: (((HUGS)))

Barbie: It is a fabulous compliment that your student took you to lunch aong with her visiting daughter. CONGRATULATIONS!! Teacher's rarely get the praise they deserve & you are topnotch. :bigsmile:

We had a good day today. I rode Arrow & DH took me out to lunch after. We went to look at a truck he's been wanting but I'm not in favor. We don't really have a use for it although it would tow just about anything anywhere. We don't have anything that needs that kind of towing. :noway:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, Jake keeps talking about wanting another vehicle even though he's the one that recommended that we have only one as a cost cutting measure. He says he feels trapped even though he doesn't seem to have anywhere to go except the baseball games that are at night when I wouldn't need the car. I think it's a sort of restlessness that he thinks would be solved by buying something. Vehicle discussions have been very challenging for us but we have worked hard to get through them. Besides the cost involved in getting another vehicle, I've grown to like the extra space we have in garage with only one vehicle and I like that we have to talk about our plans in order to be sure the car is available for where we need to go.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Yes Kim from California so,e kind of Knight hood or princess of genius! I have showed my husband where it is, now I need to show my girls. Plus there are so many portals that I have been sent an email about and not followed through with, the vets office, medical supply for my CPAP supplies. Still a lot to do on it. But I figure that since Charlie and Micjelle are doing special projects around the house next week, I might as well do mine. Clean out closet, clean out junk drawer and silverware drawer in kitchen. Organize my rolling cart that has medicine supplies in it. I have been gradually ' uying' thinks on my AARP essentials order to get things like ace wraps , spray bandage, etc in it and it is in a 3 drawer rolling cart that is so popular. Well so,e of the drawers can be weeded out and things thrown away. I remember one quarter. Already had everything I needed and just ordered 4 boxes of band aides. They are kind of cramped in there. So I have a list for me to do next week. The landscaper called and said that the large job they are doing this week has added so,e things and they won't be done until Monday. So that means we are started on Tuesday. But that's ok.

Joyce, Indiana
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hugs for Everybody!

July Goals for the week 7/9 – 7/15
    400 calories under budget 5X: XXXXXX
    Weights/Abdominals 3X: OXX
    Planks 3X: OXX

Re in TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,892 Member
    Options
    Regarding my hair ...

Thanks ladies! :)

Also, I dye it myself. It's much less expensive that way, even when I do have to buy two boxes to cover it all.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Looking forward to watching the Tour de France tonight (starts in about 2 hours) ... the night before last, it got interesting. :grin:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,218 Member
    Options
    I dye my own hair too - just the roots. The box costs around £5. It doesn't look any different to a hairdresser job. Unfortunately I can't cut my own hair, which is a long bob. Instead I get her to do a "wet cut" which is much cheaper. It just means they don't style it, I just go out with it partly dried. As my hair is wringing wet every day from my exercises, it isn't worth an extra £10 to have a smart blow dry when I'm not going anywhere.

Going to curry my beansprouts today in the IP. ;) Having it with Chipotle rubbed salmon and green beans. :D

I will type while DH is watching the Women's Final at Wimbledon.

Drkatie - The 8 qt does look huge. Lots of batch cooking in your future. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Michelle- yes as soon as she was served her subpoena ,she no longer speaking to Tom.Tom was served with his Weds when he got home from work.they both have to be at my lawyers office at 3 pm on the 28th .and they will have a legal rep that will have them sworn in.
    And yes I will ask my attorney if I need to be there or not.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Leigh in France
  • Machka9
    Options
    pitegny wrote: »
    Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Leigh in France

Do you get to see any of the TDF? :)
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Today is my 61st birthday and the beginning of my week long vacation. I will begin by going to the Cape (Cape Cod) for the weekend, home for 3 days to do things at home, then 4 days in NJ for visit to Mom and beach time with BFF. I am hoping this year will bring better things to my life, Last year was another challenging one. Weight wise was great though, today I am about 15 lbs. lighter and finally at a healthy BMI for the first time in decades. I have been maintaining since the beginning of summer.

Keep those prayers coming, hopefully good news to report soon.

Time to hit the showers and begin the journey to the beach!

Love and hugs to everyone!

Chris in MA
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    barbie My DH will always want his own car, in fact he grows easily tired and wants to trade in for his next one. I have zero interest and we don't always agree when he trades up. The difference is, we are both still working, I know this will be a future cause for discussion. Your 87 yo student is an inspiration!

I'm splurging on a cut and color today as an added boost for my interview Monday. I do need a dressier pair of sandals as well but shoe buying is very difficult for me due to plantar fasciatis.

Anybody here use exercise app called 8fit?? I'm thinking about adding it to the day.

NYKAREN
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Chris- I love the cape...enjoy it for me please... Will continue to keep you in my prayers xoxo
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Ladies!

I have DOGD with me for the weekend or longer. I’m not quite sure when I’ll be taking her home. We are going shopping today as DH gave her shopping money. She, her brother, and sister just moved back here to their mother after a year with her father. It was a rough year for them and their father did not do well by them. So she needs everything. I am trying to steer her to one of the consignment shops for children’s clothing but she wants to go to the mall. DH asked her to try the consignment shop and then go to the mall if she doesn’t find what she wants. It’s going to be a marathon day all about her! <3

For the first time in months we have junk food in the house. Last night I had Fritos which I used to love. I am happy to report I am no longer in love with them. My supervisor gave me a giant zucchini yesterday. I plan to sauté half of it with onions and potato today. I am going to stuff the other half with green pepper, onions, and diced tomatoes. It is going to be great!

Allie: I just knew she would dump him when he “became available”. Please allow her or the next someone the opportunity to take care of his ego, horizontal, laundry and other needs. Stay safe and focused on your new life. Hope you get rid of that cold quickly. As always sending you hugs.

Chris: Happy Birthday! :) Congratulations on making it through a challenging year and the weight lost.

For the past three years RVA has been through a number of grocery store changes. We’ve expanded Kroger to include the largest Kroger’s east of the Mississippi. We closed Ukrops a locally owned grocer that was wonderful and received outstanding recognition for their customer service (they were included in my marketing text book when I studied for my MBA). We’ve added Wegmans, Whole Foods, Aldi, and now Publix is opening here this weekend. Of course we have our Walmart Super Centers. All of them have their good points for example, Wegmans has the best hot and salad bar and foods prepared for you to slide into the oven for cooking; Aldi is great for entertaining foods; Whole Foods has the most variety of fruits and vegetables; Kroger is the best regular grocery shopping store. I refuse to support Walmart because of their purchasing policies that have forced smaller local stores everywhere out of business. How about all the stores that offer to do your grocery shopping for you and all you have to do is go to the pickup line! It just all gets to be too much. Yes, I have to do the grocery shopping today! Definitely not looking forward to it. Off to do my coupon clipping……

HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY!

Tere in RVA

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lenora ~ I found my first grade picture again on Facebook. Margaret had a little bit longer than short and it was wavy/curly.

Chris ~ Happy Birthday! :)

Hair ~ I decided to grow mine back to a medium length bob like I had in 2016. So yesterday, I got the scissors and cut the sides and tried to trim the bottom of the back. The results were not pretty. The front looks OK but from the side it looks awful.

Pass Words ~ I got tired of shuffling through my index cards every time I needed a password and put everything on an Excel spread sheet. I printed this out and did not save so that it wouldn't be uploaded to the cloud. The only thing is if I need to add a new one, I will have to pencil it in to my list since I didn't save the original.

Yesterday, I did a lot better on my eating and will continue to do so today.

I am looking into buying a mattress that will be more suitable for a side sleeper. My DH ends up sleeping in the recliner more than in the bed because he has shoulder pain when he lays down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Carol in GA <3

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Carol, we bought an inexpensive foam mattress from Amazon last year for the guest room bed: Zinus Memory Foam 12" Green Tea. I've been sleeping on it for the past month with the puppy and it's one of the most comfortable I've slept on in a long time, and I'm a side & back sleeper. Cost was something like $160 for a full size.

I need to turn it end for end and see if the side I've been sleeping on now has a permanent impression. We set it on top the old box springs. This one doesn't appear to sleep "hot", either.

We have spent so much money on mattresses that become uncomfortable after a year or so.... I see that mattress is now $219.99 for a King Size and I'm tempted to order one of them for the master bedroom.

Lanette
    SW WA State