Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    B)
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Katla, that is great that your DS will be visiting again soon.

Joyce, that is wonderful that Christina has such a generous boss. I’m sure she appreciates it.

Heather, congrats on getting some writing done. I know it’s not all easy. (((Hugs)))

NYKaren, good for you on having people over. I hope it doesn’t take another 3 years to do it again.

Kelly, I don’t blame you for the rant! I can’t believe that insurance doesn’t pay for those things in Michigan. I sure hope they do in SC because a good friend of mine is going through exactly that round of testing right now. OMG that is terrible.

Allie, so sorry you are still sick. Glad to hear you will take off a few hours when your friends are there. You deserve it. (later) So glad to hear you are feeling somewhat better. Continue to heal.

M, I love the hat you wore to the symphony. You look great.

Lisa, thanks for checking in. Continued improvement on things you are working on. You know we all send our love and support. ((((Hugs))))

Leigh, that is not a silly NSV at all. I think it’s wonderful when we finally get to see things fit better. Way to go!!!!!

Sue, I hope the cough is gone soon and you are feeling better!!

Dana, I like your throwback photo. I hope others will post some.

Margaret, I love all the photos. The water lilies remind me of a place in Natchez, Mississippi that I visited with my sorority when I was in college.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I went to get my nails done today and it was HOT outside. I’m going to the beach tomorrow so I hope it’s as nice as it was yesterday. I’ve been enjoying watching Wimbledon. We record it and then watch when we can. There have been some really good matches this year.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re - Thanks

Machka - Nice hat ... is your hair down to your waist? The longest my hair has been was when I had a "Farah Fawcett" haircut ... I think that was when it was blond, or streaked. Something I did with a 'product' that was fairly new on the market at the time.

Found an easy way to BOLD a word! Double left click and then hit BOLD icon! Was a surprise to me.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Margaret isn't it wonderful when you can 'have your bckey filled' at church. Especially if you are singing. Singing in my church choir is so important to me. Brings me joy in my heart. I don't know if anyone els gets joy but I do. I love stayed glass windows. I lov to take pictures of church steeples in sunlight, dusk, twilight, storms, etc.

Matcha, my hair is the exact opposite. I want it short, as short as it can be but my fat face does need some body to it. My husband hates the day every 6 weeks when I get it cut.

I guess. Hav told you ladies how precious my kitten is?

Allie, always thinking about you. Think about the res of you especially if you are tracing, have problems etc. but am always worried for Allie but she has grown so and am just as proud as all the rest of you are. But Tom is unpredictable and right now he is hurting and wants consoling and Allie has always been that person.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Matcha, my hair is the exact opposite. I want it short, as short as it can be but my fat face does need some body to it. My husband hates the day every 6 weeks when I get it cut.

If I were to ever have to cut it all off (I've had precancer twice, with the threat of chemo, etc.) or if I ever decided I had enough of long hair, I think I'd cut it really short ... like maybe an inch long all over my head or something.

I have just enough curl in my hair to be really annoying when it is shorter. Longer, I can keep the curl under control ... but shorter, my hair just ends up standing on end or curling the wrong way entirely or whatever, and I spend hours trying to style it.

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    July Accountability
    Progress - Thursday, July 13th

✔️1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B15, L2, D7, BBS20 =44g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 30g (42g)
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    5. Exercise - 30 Fitbit minutes

No big salad today. Cooked broccoli and yellow summer squash.

Ever Onward.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hello, Ladies
    I am back from vacation and trying my hardest to get back on track. I missed you all and thought of you often.

Karen in Virginia - How is it possible that Olivia is even cuter than she was.

Heather - What is pourgouri? I still avoid mirrors so occasionally I go out with something on my face.
    I'm glad you are making progress on the memoir.

Chris - what is happening? Sending prayers.

Cindy - Praying for you.

Leigh - It is the little things that count, great NSV.

Dana - Great photo of you!

Margaret - Loved all the photos.

Jumped in about Page 21. Glad to be at home, not so glad to be at work. Great time in Saskatchewan,
    Alberta and British Columbia. Brought the grandchildren home with us. I'll tell you all about it next time.

Glad to be back

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    well im guessing it this is a nasty summer cold, when I woke up coughing to beat the band..
    I will be alright though... hoping this passes quickly..
    Aunt Margaret, my DFIL other sister is ready for hospice care.. as you remember the other sister Mary passed away about 3 weeks ago.. this is just so sad... as I am close to all of them, if I am feeling better this weekend will go visit her..
    Lenora~I have a phone conference with my attorney on the 20th to talk about alimony as if I move out will not be able to afford rent and everything on my own.. I have to speak with someone at the Atrium that is renting so that I can get an idea on what things cost.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Got my appointment for pre op assessment for second cataract op it's the 24th July it's not usually long after for the actual op sometimes same week.

Hugs to all

Kate UK. <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Got my appointment for pre op assessment for second cataract op it's the 24th July it's not usually long after for the actual op sometimes same week.

Hugs to all

Kate UK. <3

My mother is going through that next week too. All the best!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kate UK - Hope all goes well and speedily! <3

DH had a bad night last night. I'm sure it is holiday related (in 3 weeks time) . He was awake almost all night reading. I woke up at 4.30 am, saw he wasn't in the bed, so I made us both a cup of tea. I got back to a doze for an hour at 6 am, but I'm feeling a bit droopy. We both did our exercises. o:)
    Yesterday we got last minute stuff from the cruise company, but there was nothing in it about the free car pick up. I had assumed that was automatic. So I rang them and they have fixed it for us. I booked in 3 large suitcases. :D I then inquired about the free laundry service that we had last year. They went off to inquire. First it came back, No, but later she rang back again to say "The Big Boss says yes!" Hooray! :drinker: It may sound silly, but it was one of the best things about the cruise last year. I made very good use of the service!
    So that's what set DH off I think. He said he didn't go to bed anxious, so he can't understand it. I just know how easily his amygdala gets overexcited. :o

I've been sprouting Moth beans overnight in the IP. I love sprouting things, but I'm not sure about DH. I will freeze most of them for another day. Got a great recipe for cooking them as dahl. Also delicious in salad.

Going to have our cheap champagne tonight with supermarket breadcrumbed chunky cod . A day off proper cooking for me. B) Mushy peas and broccoli. DH baked fries. We like it with tzatziki.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3 NYKAREN
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Happy Friday! I ate a little better yesterday. Had a good day with the kiddos, even though it was a rainy "inside" day. Didn't sleep well last night, though. A few weird dreams. One of them I dreamed I was drowning and woke up and I was holding my breath. Anyway, feeling the loss of good sleep this morning. I got up and got my walk in, though. It promises to be a nice day, so going to take the kids to the beach today. The beach cam shows the lake looking like glass. Perfect for little ones!
    Marcelyn- Forgot to compliment you on the great scuba vacation pictures! Wow! You and your dh are like an adventure couple. Great photos!
    Machka- Beautiful hair and I love hats, too! When I was a teen and young mom, I wore my hair long (down to my butt). I wear it chin or shoulder length now. DH misses the long hair, so I haven't gone shorter at all. Although, I have a lot of short styles I want to try.
    HEather- Where is it again that you are cruising? You can tell you are an experienced traveler. You check and double check everything! I will have to remember that for when I start traveling.

More of you I want to respond to, but have run out of time, as the first of the kids have arrived. Early. But alas, the door is locked. Darn. >:) ttfn KJ (Kelly)