WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: I'd be proud of your DGD, too. Sewing a lovely dress like that at only 9 years old is very impressive. :heart:

Re: Great advice to Trish. :smiley:

Barbie: I'm happy for all of you that Bessie handled the sleepover well. Things seem to be getting better for her. :star:

janetr: I love the poster about fitness is about being better than you used to be. Sweet! :flowerforyou:

DS is leaving early tomorrow & I'd be sad except that it sounds like he will be coming our way again relatively soon. Yay!!! I plan to be up are 4am to see him off. I'll probably go right back to bed after he leaves for the airport.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Still feeling yucky...Oy.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barbie, that is so neat. I thought he would have to have new hardware putt in that would match the new computer set up. I wonder how much of that cost is passed onto you. It was amazing how they could tweet Mom's pacemaker over their equipment. I know it made a world of difference in her health. It was awful when they used the magnet in hospice to turn it off. But she was suffering so. It had to be done.

Awwwww Allie. So sorry you have strep throat. God will have a silver lining waiting for you at the end of all of this. Make sure you cough Tom's way.

It is so wmderfuk how Christina's boos takes care of her. She is by all standards, uneducated except for a high school degree since she didn't finish college. But he has taken her natural intelligence who I'm still now sure where she got all of it from and everyday molds her more and more. But he is so generous to her. They empty their freezer every month or so and give he about 25 pounds of food, he has permanently lent her his old Mercedes until he needs it but he doesn't see that coming in the far future at all. Now it rides terrible and has no airconditioning but they are used to that with the clunkers they buy. Last. Isn't their AC went out in their house. The landlord is bringing two window u its but her boss told her to use his credit card and buy one and when they are done with it he will put it in his bonus room. I am always amazed at how well she is treated.

As usual choir practice was wonderful tonight.

Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Hurray! I got up and got in my four mile walk this morning; but it is 98% humidity! Temp this morning was 82. It's like walking through water. I was drenched by the time I got home. But it's done. A cool shower cooled me down and woke me up.
    Marcelyn- forgot to mention yesterday that your granddaughter is adorable and so talented! That is a spectacular dress she made!

I just have to share: I was watching the news a minute ago, while I read posts, and our local news did a health segment on breast exams and what it means when you have dense breast tissue. This is what caused me to go back for a second mammogram the last two mammograms I have had. Dense breast tissue shows up as white areas on the mammogram; so does breast cancer. The thing is, your doc will often suggest that you have an ultrasound or a MRI done to rule out cancer. Here is the thing. In Michigan, most insurances do not cover the ultrasound or MRI and there is no law to enforce insurance companies to pay for that! ALSO...if, after the ultrasound and MRI are completed and the doctor decides, based on the results that you need a biopsy, the insurance ALSO will not cover the biopsy and all of the lab charges, etc. that go with that! THAT makes me SO angry! Your only option is to either have these tests done and pay out of pocket (approx. $2K for MRI) or to not have them done and just hope for the best! I really hope congress can get a comprehensive, affordable health care plan out to the people. One that gives even us "everyday citizens" the best coverage at a reasonable price. :| Sorry rant over.

Gotta fly. Promised myself I would be off the computer by the time kiddos arrived. ttfn KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Allie hope you feel better soon.

I realize the big concern is about what is happening to health insurance and the cost of it. Right now I have help with my insurance but that is running out. I will have at least two years where my cost alone will be at least $400-$600 a month.

I had a long talk with a friend last night about how no one seems to be asking the questions Why is the health of our nation in such trouble? and Why is health care itself so expensive? MRI here are not 2K try 3-4K. Colonoscopies are also in that range. Those are just tests to see if you have a problem. Husband's surgery was close to $100,000. If he had had to stay on Chemo it would have been $6000 a month.

When I went to the PT I did not use insurance my cost was $90 a visit. It it had gone through insurance it would have been $150 a visit. I find that interesting too. My deductible is so high that even with all my visits it won't come close to my deductible so it was cheaper for me just to pay it up front even though my insurance costs are $440 a month with a $7000 deductible.

:heart: Margaret

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)<3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Thinking of all of you! :)<3