WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    Back at work today. Heaps of emails. Trying to get organised. So much to do in coming months.

I could do with a nap!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Re – I’m like you (only about 6 years older). I wear short shorts and a light-weight top when I go for my weigh-in. I did not feel like I had lost this last 2 weeks. Felt sort of bloated, actually. But, all the things that should have gone ‘down’ went ‘down’ and the things that are supposed to go ‘up’ went ‘up’ so Estee was proud of me; but, I wasn’t happy with the number on the scale (which had gone up). I know in my ‘head’ that muscle weighs more than fat; but, my ‘eyes’ and my ‘heart’ haven’t gotten there yet. I’ve tried to ‘remember this’; but, when you know you weight more than you did 2 weeks ago … well … just hard to see that number and realize that I’m losing fat. So, at lunch, I just blew it out of the water, food-wise and I also popped for a ‘strawberry shake’. Then, I paid for it all afternoon with an upset stomach (lactose intolerant) and a mild headache. Then when I got to my table, I could have ‘kicked myself’ when I realized ‘hell, Lenora, you could have gotten it WITHOUT the bun’. DUH! I kept looking for the one that came with only a ½ bun, that I did not see the writing on the sign that ‘bun less’ was also available. But, it was sooooo good, just expensive.

Then I went and got my hair cut … several weeks overdue; next time will be when we are in Louisiana, so I’ll get Tami’s co-worker to cut it again. I’m not sure that Tami will have gotten over the ‘fear of cutting her DMnL’s hair – yet’. I went to the 2nd-hand store and bought 3 pair of shorts for what I would have paid for a new pair at Belk’s. YEAH! I’m getting better at this. My thighs are not a pretty sight; but, I just don’t look down. But, getting ‘hit’ in the face by a mirror is a little hard to take. The new shorts are a little longer and look (and feel) better.

I did come home, laid down for a while, and walked on the treadmill.

I’m a nut when it comes to Reese cups.

I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2013; but, won’t change unless I absolutely have to. My laptop and desktop have auto-updates; but, if I have any issues I will just call my guys at Tech 2 Us. They do it all. Technical support, Back-up, and Security and I can call them during their office hour and get any and all taken care of it. BUT, it is a little pricey. Since I am so ‘idiot’ savvy on my computer … I need all the help I can get. Working for the government and being told ‘don’t even TRY to fix an issue; turn it off, call us and we’ll be there later today. The nice thing about that was I didn’t get blamed for anything (other than not doing a daily backup). I can open multiple screens at once; and, even had what is called Cortana (which is a search engine that takes me to Bing). That is nice when someone (like Heather) who ‘lives across the pond’ says something that I have ‘no idea what she is talking about’ … usually ‘food names’.

Lanette – I have ‘bookmarked’ the recipe link; so I ‘should’ be able to open it up and print out a recipe whenever I need to do so. I love my ‘pressure cooker’ – it just isn’t an “Instant Pot”. Got my at K-Mart, on sale, and used my K-mart points, so I paid less than $50 for it. I thought I was getting the big one; it is a 6 Quart and I guess that is big enough for what I will use it for.

Planning on maybe passing through Texas the 3rd week of the month; Will’s birthday is 8/31; and, we’ll be there that week. Still have not made ‘plans’ for when we will be leaving yet.

Tere – Beautiful!!!!

Becca – The busted can of biscuits is exactly how I felt today! It was ‘laughable’. I just needed to actually ‘see’ it.

Sue – Thanks, we’ll be doing as much as we can ‘pack in’ daily. I just hate that Louis will ‘insist’ on doing all the driving. It’s been ‘years’ since he has allowed me to drive on an interstate. Partly, because of history of seizures (although controlled my medication). I don’t blame him, I guess. It also gets him to take me to Macon to see my PsycheMD. I will NOT under any set of circumstances see any one of them here in the SW GA area (that might be connected to the city hospital in Albany). They have bought up (or put out of business) all the small little town hospitals. It is ‘supposedly’ the ‘non-profit-hospital-with-a-heart’. NAHDA! One MD ‘blew’ the whistle on them about ‘off-shore’ accounts.

Welcome to all the ‘newbies’. Condolences for those of you who have lost loved one [even fur babies]. Congrats to all who have made their goals. {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all the ones going through difficult times … especially Allie.

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Karen, I think it would be cute to see a pic of Olivia and Jauquim together. They would make a darling pair.

When Trinity was a little girl there Christina had a real good friend that had a boy a year younger. They had a lot of play dates and Trinity and Isaih were inseparable. Soon a Trinity was planning her wedding. So this little 5 year old girl had it all planed out, it was going to be at Kings Island which is an amusement park in Onio. All guests would get free lollipops and ice cream. As they grew up, it was t cool to be interested in boys or him interested in girls. Then they moved but was part of the same church affiliation. Well last week at camp they were both volunteers. They spent a lot of time together in groups and by themselves. Found they have a lot in common and enjoyed each other's company. She will be 16 in just a couple of weeks. Where is life's pause button?????

Joyce, Indiana
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Goodnight, Lovlies...

Karen - Oh that precious FACE... what a beauty Olivia is.

July Goals for the week 7/9 – 7/15
    400 calories under budget 5X: OOXXX
    Weights/Abdominals 3X: OOX
    Planks 3X: OOX

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Tere - Gorgeous!

And I <3Olivia. Aaahhhhh!

Cooked beets (biggish ones) and quinoa while I was exercising this morning. (Not together) Going to have a quinoa, giant pourgouri and beet salad for lunch, with my Greek yoghurt. Oh yummy! DH will have a ham sandwich. :laugh:

Going to type out some memoir this afternoon. I promise. :D

Shorts! Can't wear them. I have really horrible knees, especially my left one, which has been a mess since I was 16. It is quite distorted. I am knock kneed. I do knee strengthening exercises every day to keep it usable, but it is not pretty. Can't do a lot of the things I'd like to, like dancing or tennis, but I can walk on it ok.
    I have also inherited my mother's jelly thighs. Of course, I am slimmer than she was, but the texture is still lumpy and saggy. I like my body much better covered up! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

PS the cheap chocolate was disgusting. It went in the bin.
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Been really busy, updates later.

Asking for prayers, will let you know why later.

Off to the showers to get ready for work.

Love and hugs to everyone!

Chris in MA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Heather~ just watched the Youtube video~ wow that hits the nail on the head doesnt it?I am making strides to get out on my own as soon as possible with help from my lawyer...
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie glad you looked at Heather's YouTube clip, describes him to a T

Karen olivia is a delight!

Barbie that sounds like great news for Jake, technology keeps improving and you can cut costs--win win

Ginger funny pic, we were in TX in August, I almost fainted at an outdoor festival, drink water, drink water, drink water

Re so exciting to leave a plateau, savor every lost pound!

I've got to get moving--folks coming over tonight for a simple potluck--there will be pizza and beer, but there will also be salad and ......grilled peaches--a summer favorite of mine

NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - welcome home, what a long flight! So cool you skipped a day. Hope you are settling back in OK to your winter time.

Thanks!

Yes, we skip a day on the way back to Australia, but on the way there, we have a day that seems to last forever.

We left Australia on Friday at about 1 pm, and about 20 hours later, landed in Canada on Friday at about 3 pm.

It is a bit disconcerting.

Regarding shorts ... love them!

I wear cycling shorts, of course, but while we were in Canada, I spent the hot weeks in casual shorts and short skirts. :)

My 75-year old mother still wears shorts and looks all right in them. :)

I posted that photo of me with my grandmother, and I'm wearing shorts there.

I would have been happy in shorts today with all the hot flashes. I dressed for the 3C temps in the morning, but by noon, I was melting. Layers are the key, I think.

Watching the Tour de France coverage. :grin: Wish I could stay up and watch to the end but just too tired.

And back to logging food again. I will be over this week, but next week I plan to be within my calories again. I find it works better for me to kind of ease into things that way.

I have been logging my exercise all along while we were away, although the days kind of got mixed up what with the time zone differences. So I'm continuing to log now that we're back.

Yesterday we had a decent amount of energy and did a 21 km bicycle ride in the chilly and rain back here in Tassie, but today we're both really tired, so there was only a little bit of walking.

M back in Oz

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    I bought the exact Instant Pot that Becca posted today. I thought I wanted the 6 quart, too, but all the reviews said they were glad they got the bigger one. I hope I don't regret it. Did y'all know you can cook cheesecake in that thing? Oh, my! Now I need some healthy recipes so there will be no time to try cheesecake. I couldn't find anything else to tempt me on Amazon, but I'll probably shop some more before it's over.

We had a bit of a crisis today. The glue gave out on our master bathroom mirror - 88 inches by 42 inches. The towel rack on the right wall and makeup mirror on the left wall "caught" it and kept it from breaking. We duct taped it to the wall until a glass and mirror company could come take care if it. They made an emergency call. Now we have to let it set, then do touch up painting where the duct tape pulled the paint off the wall.

My cousin Deb is still breathing. It's day 8 with no food or drink. So incredibly sad.

Glad you the mirror did not cause any major damage. Prayers for cousin.

Tere beautiful picture.

Pip great picture!
  • Mybutterfliesarepink
    Mybutterfliesarepink Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!

Been really busy, updates later.

Asking for prayers, will let you know why later.

Off to the showers to get ready for work.

Love and hugs to everyone!

Chris in MA

Prayers to u. Hope u have a wonderful day
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    M