WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I haven't been reading all the posts too carefully. Sorry girls, I've been dwelling in the house of pity. Thinking of back surgery for the past three days.
    My DD did call me yesterday but didn't mention her ragging on me. I guess I won't use her as a sounding board anymore. I don't want to be whining like she says.

I got crazy today cleaning the living room. I have a good friend coming this Friday nite from Austin. Looking forward to catching up with her! She's 20 years younger than us but we just hit it off together!

I cleaned out the fireplace which; I know, winter has been over for a while! I just haven't got to it yet! Besides we have big iron doors on the insert so we don't see it. It took 3 bucketfuls to empty it out.

Then I vacuumed all the upholstered furniture in the living room, the baseboards and the carpets. I think I over did it! After dinner I fell asleep on the sofa for 2 hours!

Heather Love that picture of Bea!
    She's a little cutie!

Allie I would get Tom out of there. It's just not good for your well being for sure.

Machka. Wow! That is quite a long journey! I have never flown that far before. I guess you slept a lot? Can you walk about much? It would be unsettling for me. Like an elevator!! LOL

Have a good evening!
    Dana in Arkansas

Picture if my DH and Dolly. The little dog is Callie who spends most of her time at our house!
    e244ogbp7btd.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    :)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Dana, who is trained, the dogs or the husband!!!

Mr Mozart likes to hide under my lac matress cover in order to get I the correct position to pounce on MElody. I had no idea he was there, completely hidden. So as I am in the bedroom getting ready for bed, I stepmom on him. By the way he meowed, I knew he was hurt. So by the time I could get him to let me pick up, I could see dress blood on one of his paws. He let me clean it up with a warm wet rag. Nothimg serious looking and he is pouncing around the house so I guess he is OK. He did complain when I checked out the paw though.

Becca, I love the pictures of flowers you put on face book. Are they your own?

My head isn't staying in an upright position for very long so I guess I had better sign off.

Joyce, Imdiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fierce Friends!

Just checking in with my weekly goals...I have had some time issues this week, so I am a smidge behind on my strength training... you will notice half an X below... I was able to get about half of my workout in tonight... I will push for the other half, tomorrow... but, I have an early meeting at work. *sighs* There is always After work - but that just creates a later night than need be. Hopefully, I will be able to get a full workout on Thursday and Saturday in the mornings.

Planks - it's hard to get excited about planks after doing abdominals at the gym - but maybe I will still do them, tonight... maybe.

July Goals for the week 7/9 – 7/15
    400 calories under budget 5X: OOOXX
    Weights/Abdominals 3X: OO/
    Planks 3X: OOO

Anyway - off to sleep, or I won't be able to get up early enough to finish my workout, tomorrow!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Allie - you may want to watch this on Utube. Don't talk to him, don't let him hug you, talk to your lawyer about getting him out of the house.

7 Sneaky Things Narcissists Say to Get You Back.

Lots of love Heather xxxxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    KJ - Fabulous pics. How you must miss Joaquim. <3

The ( grandchildren) grand nieces? in the other pics (sorry, forgotten your name) are gorgeous! :D<3

Going to go to Lidl for the first time today. My son was recommending the cheap champagne and the smoked salmon. Plus cold meats. DH needs nuts for breakfast muesli (he makes breakfast ). Nuts are expensive!!! We've never been before. Do you have Lidl? It's like Aldi.

Some of you were mentioning leftovers. We never have leftovers. :noway: Like Barbie I only ever cook just enough for the two of us. If I cook multi batches it is predestined for the freezer. I don't keep trigger foods in the house either. That would be hummus, stinky cheese and crunchy peanut butter. Oooooohhhh! :o>:) I'm enjoying the 105 calorie portion of dark 70% chocolate I have as my 4th course for dinner. :laugh: Might get some at Lidl. ;) I'm not tempted at other times. Peanut butter would call me 24 hrs a day! I eat a little bit on bread at my son's. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Marcelyn your travel pics look like you were having a very fun and special time, how wonderful.

Barbie the time will fly and the homecoming will the pups be sweet.

Lenora I loved our trip to Texas, especially the river walk area, though it was hot hot hot from what I recall.

Becca love your wisdom

Re. Keep on planking girl.

Still making incremental progress with my list of summer goals which includes being social (having folks over tomorrow night) being healthy (exercising and eating right and getting a colonoscopy in August).

It's clean up and menu planning day today. NYKAREN

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Heather I have a version of crunchy peanut butter for breakfast everyday. It only has peanuts and salt NO sugar I find it in the refrigerated section. I find things with sugar in it start my cravings.

:heart: Margaret
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

It was long mental weekend for me. I have a lot going on as usual and need some time to sort some stuff out regarding my mother and my daughter. I am not ready to vent but DH says I've been crying in my sleep and he's had to awaken me a couple of times. I know that I am heartbroken about a couple of things and angry about others. I just need to get to a point of being comfortable with my feelings about both situations and what my positive actions will be. :'(

Spent all day Saturday cooking and cleaning. It was a great workout. Did a low country boil for dinner with mussels, potatoes, corn on the cob, and beef sausage. It turned out well. I also did coconut pies and spoon bread for Sunday. It always amazes me that whenever I am dieting I do a lot more baking of pastries. The good thing is that I can have one little piece for tasting and then I lose interest. The good thing for friends and family is that they get to enjoy the results. That which isn’t given away gets frozen in individual servings for other days. I originally bought a pound of fresh jumbo shrimp to go in the low country boil but decided that would make too much for us to eat so I steamed it in a tomato, green pepper, and onion gravy for dinner on Sunday. It was great with a salad. We forgot about the spoon bread.

Sue: Sorry about the hay. Goatalympics sounds like so much fun. I would really enjoy that if I could tear myself away from playing with them.

Becca: Loved the lion rock!

Dana: Perhaps DD is going through a little something herself. It seems like when children are having a hard time with things they project their attitude to the safest available person or it just maybe that she is frightened of losing you. Just keep doing the best you can to improve your health.

Lanette: Rosie is a sweetie!

Heather: I took a few moments to see 7 Sneaky Things Narcissists Say to Get You Back. It was powerful even if you are not involved in such a relationship! I've decided to invite our wedding's best man and his wife for dinner one night soon and to make cioppino for dinner. Have you ever made it? I was thinking a little rice to balance the broth and a side salad. What are your thoughts? Perhaps baked pears with honey for dessert.

Allie: When my first husband and I decided to split up my father pleaded with us to try marriage counseling. Needless to say it was a bust. After he failed to attend two sessions with the counselor I went for three additional session at my own expense even though I didn’t know how I was going to pay for it. I spent all three sessions venting my feeling/frustrations with myself in general after she told me that my husband had lots of things he needed to deal with and nothing could be done for the marriage until he got help. She ended my counseling after the third box of tissues and the third session saying “Tere, you know what you want to do just go and do it.” What I came away from those sessions with was 1) I need to examine myself and be true to my feelings on a consistent basis; 2) my well-being is my own responsibility; and 3) I can do anything that I want to do. So I walked away with those things in mind and started my new life without my “true-love”. It was hard especially with two very young children but in other ways absolutely wonderful. You might want to look and see if your community has any group or individual counseling to help you start your new life.

Lisa: If you are skimming know that we are thinking of you...

Tere in RVA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Happy Tuesday! Yesterday, I ate pasta and BOY...is it reminding me why I don't need to eat pasta! I think I have a rock in my stomach! Thanks for all of the compliments on Joaquin and DD! We all LOVE his hair and he must too, because he strokes it himself and puts himself to sleep.
    Joyce- Joaquin IS teething! Both of his eye teeth are coming through. He's like a little vampire, chewing on everything! I am glad Mr. Mozart is back to normal. Good luck trying to keep a cat calm! LOL!
    Lanette- Yes! Tower Hill is at Warren Dunes Park, which is about an hour south of Grand Haven (down by St. Jo). My DD and her ND friends used to go to Warren Dunes most warm weekends. They have a very cool clay pit there and the kids do all sorts of crazy games and races in the clay (because it is mushy, slippery, messy and fun).
    Machka-That would be a great idea on flights! I would buy time on a treadmill or stair climber rather than pay for a movie!
    Allie- Be careful with Tom. I think now that Elena has given him the heave ho; he will most likely be turning on the heat. He will either try to woo you back, or make your life a living hell. Maybe it is time for him to live some where else? Be careful!
    Re- Get to planking, baby! LOL! It seems that I see an article every week about the benefits of planking. How many muscles it strengthens without the stress on joints (push ups), back/neck (crunches), elbows/shoulders (weight lifting). I think planking DOES strengthen all muscles, but if you want some definition or build muscle; you really need to do some type of lifting or strength training/resistance stuff.

Well, kiddos are starting to arrive. The mother of one of the kids came in and talked to me about how her family is going vegan and can I serve a vegan meal in addition to my planned meals for the kids. I will have to look into it. I really don't want kids bringing food from home; because try to explain to a two year old why this one has something that she can't have! I think for most recipes I can work around this. I will probably have "mom" send some vegan milk alternative, vegan cheese alternative, and send some type of soy based meat alternative. I think I can tweak just about any recipe I am serving to suit her kiddo. Just going to take some planning. I will also need to get a doctor's note from child's pediatrician to give the okay so that I can "legally" not feed her dairy and meat. A lot of new hoops to jump through, but if it helps with kiddos digestive issues...I'm game.
    Gotta fly. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (kelly)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    KJ Joaquin! Be still my heart! He is delicious. Concerning the pasta reminder, I made myself miserable yesterday eating 2 slices of pizza. Ugh. Why did I do that? I was miserable for hours.

Tere in RVA (((Hugs)))

Barbie Have a good ferry ride and trip to Seattle! I know you miss your pups...

Heather I am familiar with EMDR...it worked very well for me when I suffered some PTSD-like symptoms concerning the 3rd trimester loss of my daughter Joy in the 1990's. Several years after the loss, I kept remembering all kinds of sad deaths of small animals from my childhood...hamsters, guinea pigs, a little frog, kitties, dogs, etc. I finally figured out that the morbid obsession was in fact PTSD in relation to losing my baby, which I could NOT think about, so I got some help and still to this day occasionally use my own version of the eye movement techniques when I have a "relapse". It works for me. Francine Shapiro wrote the original book and pioneered the technique, I believe.

Oh, and I heat leftovers in my Instant Pot! It works better than microwave or stovetop for many things.

Weez Grandnieces are LOVELY!

Katla Yay! for all the good news. Enjoy your visit with your son!

Marcelyn Love the photos!

Sue Nice photos of Biloxi. Looks like a wonderful time1

Allie Tom might act out in some way now. Stay the course! I wish he would move out. It bothers me that he is living in the same house.

We have taken our oldest Yorkie Farley to Dr. Bill's today. He is 15 and getting frail. He has lost weight, lost most of his vision and hearing, and the last few days is having GI problems. He still has a good appetite and even played with a ball for a few minutes yesterday, but there is blood in his stool and he is vomiting at least once a day. If it is time to let go, I want to bring him back home for a few days if possible, but my partner says being in the car is too hard on him. I have to work this afternoon. I also think the grandkids may want to say goodbye. Farley was the self-appointed babysitter guard dog for both of them when they were babies. He wouldn't eat or sleep when they were here. He stood guard constantly, even when they were sleeping. He waited until they would go home and then eat ravenously and collapse in a deep sleep. He took his job very seriously. We love our little boy. The other 3 dogs will miss him, and it will break our hearts.

Karen, sad in Virginia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stats for the day -

lateral machine- 45.30min, 132mhr, 5496strides, 91floors lvl 5, 5-10lat, 4.5mi = 298c
    Apple Watch- 274

I am going to meet the lady at where we have the airstream so she can try on the curtains herself, then I'll b driving to work. soooooo no riding.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    yesterday was Kirby's birthday, 62!!agjlud77qigq.jpg