WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Gorgeous Gals!

Allie I am not surprised Tom is begging and pleading. He thought he could do as he pleased and you wouldn't catch on. He was wrong. Now it's time for you to show him what it's like to be a class act.

Karen in Virginia
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Had some strong storms pass through last week and we have been without power/internet for a few days. Catching up on reading. Will post later! KJ
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Did 10 minutes of the Blast off Belly Fat DVD, held my plank for 2 min 51 sec, then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do Denise Austin's Quick Burn Cardio DVD then leave to go to VA.

Did I tell you that Denise told Jess that she wanted the bridal shower to be "formal"? Well, evidently there was a miscommunication. Jess took "formal" to mean sit down, waiter, the whole nine yards. Actually, that's how Vince and I took it also. Denise called yesterday. What she meant by "formal" was that a buffet was OK, she just wanted some place for people to sit down.

machka - glad you're home and had such a great time. Now time to rest up.

Allie - you make me so proud. You go girl! Poor TomCat is going to lose his live-in maid. What a shame <crying big tears here (along with the smile)> Yes, you are one classy lady, keep it up!

KJ - I don't remember if I posted that yesterday when I was in church, Vince was saying how we had such lightening storms, it actually tripped a few breakers. Two pieces of Charter's equipment are fried totally but they should be here Tues to replace them.

Michele from NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    allie remember he did that last year as well, I know you won't fall for it, cause his behavior is not gonna change. I think he even surprised you with a car? Anyway, stick to your plan. You've made your decision. <3<3 NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kim ~ Thanks for the info about Carbonite. I installed it and it uploaded all my files. Then I couldn't get into my account. Finally, figured out how to access and now think I have succeeded. Paid for a one year membership.

Joyce ~ We keep our air set on 78 and it still gets cold in the house sometimes. Of course, we have overhead fans in almost every room so I'm sure that helps.

Heather ~ Love the pics of your grandchildren. The news said there was a great fire at the market in London. Hope it got under control.

Michele ~ The upcoming wedding seems to be driving all of you up the wall! Too bad they couldn't just elope!

Carol in GA

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Allie- I myself would have your attorney during the deposition ask his girlfriend if she knows that he has asked you to stay with him. And if she would continue to have a relationship with him if that was the case. I would also have the attorney ask Tom similar questions.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,080 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,319 Member
    Options
    Carol - That was near to where I used to live. They seem to have big fires there regularly! Old buildings which have been converted into trendy boutiques, cafes etc.

Making another batch of yogurt today. This will all be drained for Greek style yoghurt, more like a soft cheese. I am eating it now instead of cottage cheese, which I used to buy often, so that's a saving.
    For dinner we are having some of the Barbecoa Beef I froze. DH was too sick to eat it last week. I enjoyed it though! Having it with roasted butternut squash and some broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,319 Member
    Options
    I have finished reading THE BODY KNOWS THE SCORE about how trauma from childhood or PTSD is stored in the brain and body. I now have a book to read on EMDR - a new therapy that uses rapid side to side eye movements to help desensitise people to a trauma. It seems to work best on a specific problem like PTSD. Sounds interesting and none of the side effects of drugs. They think it works by mimicking REM sleep, but don't really know.
    Other new treatments use biofeedback so the person can learn to calm themselves.
    He also highly recommends a form of drama therapy. I used to teach this therapy, having learnt it at a two week workshop. Very enjoyable and a couple of my students did say that it changed their lives. :D
    All kinds of communal endeavour: drama, singing, dance, sport are so helpful in giving people a sense of control over their lives and expanding their confidence. I used to teach drama in a deprived part of London, the East End, to apprentices. It was amazing what they could produce and how proud they were of their efforts.
    NY KAREN - you must see this every day. <3

Love Heather, enjoying learning new things in the UK. XXXXXXXX
  • klanders30
    Options
    Heather I am forever grateful that music is in my life. It was my refuge and way out of a tough childhood. Love seeing the opportunities that sports, the arts or a fantastic mentor can give to kids, having them grab on is the key.

Working on a yard project myself (you ladies are motivating). I'm Pulling down a rusty old chain link fence in pieces to extend my side garden a bit.

I think I will include a little pic of the side garden so far. NYKAREN
  • klanders30
    Options
    Sunflowers, herbs, work in progress
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1192464lrz2y0w8ko.gif
  • lizzieracer
    lizzieracer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kate, those umbrellas are just what I needed today. It is 20C and grey with intermittent drizzle here at our cottage south of Ottawa. Our oldest grandson who is 13 is here for 3 days so lots of Monopoly! It also keeps my hands busy.
    Have a great day everyone. Lix
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,653 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    He is at the point now where he is begging and pleading..he said he still cares alot about me, well thats nice but Love and Trust are an issue, so to bad so sad... you made your bed now lie in it,,

THAT'S MY GIRL!!!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,920 Member
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi.

Rita still in N.E. CT
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Marti in Eastern Oregon: I'm glad that you are still with us. You seem to have done an excellent job with your goals so far. :flowerforyou:

Margaret: I'm happy that you were able to see your favorite garden one last time. Who knows, maybe the new people will be willing to show it off in the future. Not something to count on, though. :flowerforyou:

Pip: At 12, Bullwinkle is getting up there in age. She is a treasure. :smiley: Our dog turns ten this month. The Vet says he is getting cataracts. So am I but they're not significant yet. :ohwell:

Barbie: I'm glad you went to the baseball game with Jake. Good weather is such a pleasure. I've never enjoyed watching baseball, but I love watching the people. :smiley:

Michele: Thanks for your good wishes. I'll know in just a few hours whether I have to keep the finger immobilized or can take the splint off and start moving the joint. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it has healed. :star:

Machka: 33 hours of continuous travel must be exhausting. Congratulations on being home. I hope you can catch up on your rest. :smiley:

Alison: If I was in your place I would be very reluctant to trust Tom to do anything that is not in his own best interest. My mama used to say that a skunk rarely changes his stripes. She had lots of wise sayings and was right more often than not. :wink:

Rita: Thanks for checking in. I've been wondering about you and hoping things are going well. :smiley:

I have a doctor appointment this morning for my finger and DS visiting this evening. I might even get my car back. I am looking forward to a good day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,770 Member
    Options
    Lenora- TD is a bank franchise
  • JiviLynn
    JiviLynn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. I am new and would love the motivation of this group.