WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Typed and deleted it from WPP, way too long.

Hi to all the 'newbies'.

Allie - You are a STRONG woman ... keep telling yourself that 'everything is going to be alright'; because it will be. God won't walk you to something that He won't walk you THROUGH it. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}.

Lenora
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have been listening to podcasts from "The Minimalists". I highly recommend them especially if you are wanting to thin down your possessions and make positive changes in you overly busy life. I was inspired this week to tackle some boxes of very sentimental possessions. Part of the thinking is that memories aren't in the things and it's possible to hold onto precious memories without being burdened by having boxes full of "stuff" as evidence. Part of the challenge is that just as I'm ready to put something in the trash or the box for the thrift shop, Jake suggests that it might be something that the theatre or a museum or antique shop would want. Once I'm ready to let go, I just want to get the stuff out of the house.

I've downsized significantly twice.

One trick when it comes to sentimental possessions is to take photos. It is much easier to store and haul around photos than it is to store and haul around the actual items.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I will add t the health care vent. My famil doc that we have had for many years was dropped several years back from our insurance. Why?????? He prefers to do simple surgeries in his office like an ingrown toenail, not on a diabetic, remove simple lesions from your skin am dif he feel like they need to be biopsied he does. And other things. Insurance didn't like that so they dropped him. Really there are dpfew insurances that will still cover him. But my co-pay to see him would be $15 and his payment is $25 so I go ahead and see him. They cut their office costs down by not being in a fancy office commented to a lab and xray, they don't accept credit cards at all so that they don't have to pay that fee for the equipment for them. Many other things they do to keep costs down and go ahead and keep their patients.

Heather, what do you guys over the pond think of our Williams sisters? To me they are just to muscular and feminine but they sure can play tennis. But they look twice as big as their opponents. Itis always good to see the winner and loser do soeme kind of a hug after the last match. I'm not sure how much emotion is in it. Maybe they are just glad it's all over.

On the news tonight there was an article that one of our track and field Olympians is trying t get his medal back. He says before he raced, he had a 3 hour make out session with his girlfriend that did take steroids. HUHHHHHH?

Have I mentioned how precious my baby is. I a, going to have to get a good picture of her and her glorious tail someday to show you. But he is so soft. Today I can't remember which one was on my lap but the other came. At first one was in my arms and the other on my lap but Mr Mozart moved down to my lap. They gave each other a good bath. Mr Mozart didn't get into Melody's ear so much. Eventually while Melody was bathing him, he bathed himself also. I hope Chalrie treasures and remembers those times when he gets really frustrated with him. I think he just likes him and doesn't love him like me. But he enjoys playing with him and watching run through the house with breakneck speed to catch a piece of paper I threw. But do you thing the award winning pitcher could throw that wad of paper?????? Sometimes I feel like a mother of a two year old the amount of times I saw NO but the internet says a 4 month old is the equivalent to a 6 year old human.

Got to get in bed so I can get up in the morning. Sometimes I look forward more to going to McDonalds to get my sausage biscuit and senior come more than church. Eeeeew that's bad of me.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Machka9
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sunday -- Sort of a "Tasmanian Flat" recovery ride today ... also another chance to acclimatise to the chilly conditions.

Just for fun, we did a little side bit which I knew was a less travelled segment. Two Queen of the Mountains for me, and my husband placed 4th and 5th. Not bad! :):grin:

Distance: 41.4 km
    Elevation: 234 m
    Moving Time: 2:09:40
    Elapsed Time: 2:52:10
    Speed: Avg: 19.2 km/h | Max: 32.8 km/h

35822646171_f604c0a346_c.jpg
  • Machka9
    Options
    We also have linked beds. The base is two beds with joining bars and the mattress used to be two zipped together so we can have different types. DH's mattress was softer and wore out earlier, so he bought a new, posh, foam one, so we are unzipped, but joined by the fitted sheet. I love it because I can't feel him turning over in bed. :D In Europe people often have their own single duvets as well, which is a great idea. We have one super king size, but we do like different weights, ideally. I am always hot in bed. At the moment our summer thin one is perfect for me.

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

Yes! That was something I noticed during our recent trip. In several places we shared an ordinary queen-sized bed, and I could feel his every move. Now that we're back to our linked twins, it is much better. The base is linked so I can still feel him turn over once in a while, but nothing like those queen-sized beds. I've been loving our bed system since we've been back!! :)
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Chris! Enjoy your vacation!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    B)
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good morning all!

I've been busy with my friend, Beth, from Austin, Texas. We had an amazing day yesterday at Lake Ouachita in the Natl Forest. Just beautiful in the woods. It started to rain and it was so wonderful to sit at the picnic table and listen to the rain hit the canopy above us and not get wet. For a while anyway until the clouds really opened up with a down pour!

Beth uses MFP too so we had eggs, strawberries and cantaloupe for breakfast. We packed a small cooler with some sparkling water and Gatorade for DH. But we stopped at Shangri La Resort on the lake and ordered up pie ala mode.
    The cafe is famous for the homemade pies and they are so good. OMG. That turned out to be our lunch.

We drove back home to reboot and check in on Dolly then we went downtown Hot Springs to take Beth to see "Bath House Row". We toured the old Bath House that is now a museum. Very interesting to see how a spa was in 1805! People would come from all over the world to soak in the natural Hot Springs.

I've been to Quawpaw Bath House several times. They have 4 pools of different temps. The Springs come from the ground from 96* to 104*. What a wonderful experience! The attendants keep your water glass full of pure cold spring water to keep you hydrated. When you come out of the waters you feel so energized, relaxed, revived and exhilarated!!

We ate BBQ for dinner. It's Memphis style BBQ at Smokin in Style. I had pulled pork sandwich without the bun. They top it with coleslaw and I had baked potato salad on the side.
    When we got home I had beer! Needless to say I was 300 calories over. But I had a glorious day with an old friend! And I walked over 3000 steps with my cane.
    Back to my diet tomorrow!

Mattresses: we bought ours at Mattress King. It's a king "tempurpedic" and was around $1400. The sales person tried stealing us to $2-3k beds but I kept reminding her I didn't want to spend more than $1000. But we ended up going a bit higher. It's a "plush" and very very comfy! I love it!

I need to catch up with y'all. I'm not on here for a day and I missed so much!

I'm leaving you with a picture of Lake Ouachita from top of Hickory Nut Mtn.
    Dans in Arkansas

n9nr0dz3xo1b.jpg
    4bb6hi13hawp.jpg
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Machka - love the bike art!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Great conversations on this forum!

Also had a great conversation with my bff who notices that I am patient about getting clutter taken care of, and puttering around with little projects makes me happy. She gets overwhelmed and stops, I do little bits and get encouraged--kind of like weightloss--and I allow myself to stay on a plateau and not do any cleaning out-kind of waiting for inspiration kind of.

Rori each little project is getting you closer to selling the condo. And i feel exactly the same way about finding MFP for lifestyle changes.

Kim remember when your embroidery business was just getting started? How about reaching out to an even wider circle of crafters to find someone else to share the repair guy? And you are making strides financially. If you can't take on that personal loan, how about more bartering?to feel less beholding to them?? Machinery is always going to wear out, if not now, then somewhere in the future, maybe that cost has to be figured and added to the cost of your product.

NYKAREN