Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I ate over 200 cookies this week, a whole deep dish pizza and cake but I don't look like it. Is it possible to reach a level of fitness that allows you to survive off only sugar? What's going on?

I heard you have cookies and cake! :D;)<3<3

• 260scott
    260scott Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You're just efficient at processing junk. Your hard work has paid dividends, but why break the bank now?
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    This was my experience on vacation a few years ago. I really indulged and ate and drank everything for a week...I didn't hit the gym either. I had huge breakfasts, big lunches and dinners, wine, fruity cocktails, I would have cookies and crepes and waffles with whipped cream everyday and by the end I looked fantastic I actually took some killer progress photos. Maybe it was the carb loading filling out the muscles? Haha I have no idea.. you look great though so I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe you didn't eat as much as you thought, maybe you were more active and had more energy with all the food, etc.

Please tell me this will work on me in PR? Lol...I'm am looking a little flat tho...

Oh yea! If you really want to get wild bring a resistance band and get the muscles pumped before heading to the beach (lol :D:p )

Hahaha! Imagine! But hey, you can get some roller blades and go roller blading around the sidewalks next to the beach! Or bikes! That would be a blast!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Egger29 wrote: »
    I ate over 200 cookies this week, a whole deep dish pizza and cake but I don't look like it. Is it possible to reach a level of fitness that allows you to survive off only sugar? What's going on?

I heard you have cookies and cake! :D;)<3<3

Oh I have many cookies. But at the moment I have 4 Cinnabon rolls, freshly baked. :D
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Humble brag :)

Muahahaha! Feel free to brag yourself :p But post pics!
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd got away with 2 weeks being bad on holiday in Canada and the US recently. Turns out it just caught up with me after I got home!
    However, I'm leaner than I've ever been, so it seems that my body handled 2 weeks of junk and eating out much better than similar experiences in the past.
    Sadly, it means I notice changes way more now too!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    I thought I'd got away with 2 weeks being bad on holiday in Canada and the US recently. Turns out it just caught up with me after I got home!
    However, I'm leaner than I've ever been, so it seems that my body handled 2 weeks of junk and eating out much better than similar experiences in the past.
    Sadly, it means I notice changes way more now too!

You go girl! That muscle is going to good use!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I recommend you put this theory to the test and continue this eating for another three weeks. Then post pics.

Seriously... CICO. If you're working out 6x a week, then you're burning a decent amount of cals. You won't gain. But you're also not really providing good nourishment. (Preaching to the choir here - I eat too much crud food).

You can get away with some surplus here and there - it's like a credit card. You can spend a fair bit of coin til you get the next bill... but you always end up getting the bill. If all you do is spend, and don't put any money down - you're gonna be shocked by the size of the bill in a month's time. But if you spend like a fool, and also put money down... you'll be fine.

Nice pics. Great job on the bod. Beware of too many cookies and pizza. They're great lovers, but horrible spouses.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Humble brag :)

Muahahaha! Feel free to brag yourself :p But post pics!

:D Girl, we all know your a hottie. I love fit mama's, it means so much to see other moms who love weight lifting ;)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    As you get older you will be saying "I used to eat nothing but junk and never gain weight" "now look how fat I am"

No. I'm almost 30, my metabolism only gets faster as I get older. I weight lift 6 days a week and according to all recent science your metabolism does not slow with age, it slows based on activity level which my activity level is greater than any woman I know.
    Really? Let's see the link to this recent science evidence. There is no dispute that people's testosterone levels reduce with age and it's DIRECTLY responsible for muscle retention. The less you have, the less muscle you'll gain/retain. I didn't do much cardio at all in my 20's and 30's and was much more muscularly fit than I am today at 53, but doing much more than double to triple the amount of cardio now. And cardio burns way more calories than weight lifting.
    As to your discovery, if you burn off almost all you eat, you'll stay in shape. Basic CICO. At my age with decent exercise, I can eat 2800 calories to just maintain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-biggest-reason-you-gain-weight-as-you-age-has-nothing-to-do-with-your-metabolism?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    As you get older you will be saying "I used to eat nothing but junk and never gain weight" "now look how fat I am"

No. I'm almost 30, my metabolism only gets faster as I get older. I weight lift 6 days a week and according to all recent science your metabolism does not slow with age, it slows based on activity level which my activity level is greater than any woman I know.
    Really? Let's see the link to this recent science evidence. There is no dispute that people's testosterone levels reduce with age and it's DIRECTLY responsible for muscle retention. The less you have, the less muscle you'll gain/retain. I didn't do much cardio at all in my 20's and 30's and was much more muscularly fit than I am today at 53, but doing much more than double to triple the amount of cardio now. And cardio burns way more calories than weight lifting.
    As to your discovery, if you burn off almost all you eat, you'll stay in shape. Basic CICO. At my age with decent exercise, I can eat 2800 calories to just maintain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-biggest-reason-you-gain-weight-as-you-age-has-nothing-to-do-with-your-metabolism?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

That doesn't say your metabolism gets faster as you are claiming.