Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options

Replies

• cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    As you get older you will be saying "I used to eat nothing but junk and never gain weight" "now look how fat I am"

No. I'm almost 30, my metabolism only gets faster as I get older. I weight lift 6 days a week and according to all recent science your metabolism does not slow with age, it slows based on activity level which my activity level is greater than any woman I know.
    Really? Let's see the link to this recent science evidence. There is no dispute that people's testosterone levels reduce with age and it's DIRECTLY responsible for muscle retention. The less you have, the less muscle you'll gain/retain. I didn't do much cardio at all in my 20's and 30's and was much more muscularly fit than I am today at 53, but doing much more than double to triple the amount of cardio now. And cardio burns way more calories than weight lifting.
    As to your discovery, if you burn off almost all you eat, you'll stay in shape. Basic CICO. At my age with decent exercise, I can eat 2800 calories to just maintain.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-biggest-reason-you-gain-weight-as-you-age-has-nothing-to-do-with-your-metabolism?perpetual=yes&limitstart=1

That doesn't say your metabolism gets faster as you are claiming.

That was not what was under scope. We ere speaking about metabolism slowing with age.

Now mine has increased because of activity level. That's a separate issue.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I ate over 200 cookies this week, a whole deep dish pizza and cake but I don't look like it. Is it possible to reach a level of fitness that allows you to survive off only sugar? What's going on? ly2dru9b99a3.jpg
    jds1cvebwzne.jpg

What's going on?! Well I could tell you but it's not worth the ban :laugh:

Ban?
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good luck.

You don't have BED you jist like junk food it's ok
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I ate over 200 cookies this week, a whole deep dish pizza and cake but I don't look like it. Is it possible to reach a level of fitness that allows you to survive off only sugar? What's going on? ly2dru9b99a3.jpg
    jds1cvebwzne.jpg

You don't have comparison photos from the start of the week - you could have had abs prior to the cookies, pizza and cake? How do we know if you've changed or not?
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    The picture laying down with my baby is pre-junk food :)