Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Immediately after giving birth I was up to 12 huge cupcakes a day (not normal sized cupcakes, they were giant). So yes, I have BED, I have always had it, as a kid my father would make jokes about it going in and out of me immediately, as a little kid I would go to buffets and have 8 FULL SIZED plates. But I'm not referring to normal food having effect on the body, only sugary foods.

Overeating the same amount of calories of sugary foods has the same effect weight wisr of overeating "normal" food.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Concerning thread is concerning.

Your looking for concern. There is no concern. Just looking for advice on if it's possible to maintain a healthy body with a diet heavy in sugars. If your concerned it's only you... I'm very happy with my diet :)
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Immediately after giving birth I was up to 12 huge cupcakes a day (not normal sized cupcakes, they were giant). So yes, I have BED, I have always had it, as a kid my father would make jokes about it going in and out of me immediately, as a little kid I would go to buffets and have 8 FULL SIZED plates. But I'm not referring to normal food having effect on the body, only sugary foods.

Overeating the same amount of calories of sugary foods has the same effect weight wisr of overeating "normal" food.

Did not know this. Been going to Chinese buffet frequently. Is it possible to need many more calories than the average person?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Concerning thread is concerning.

Your looking for concern. There is no concern. Just looking for advice on if it's possible to maintain a healthy body with a diet heavy in sugars. If your concerned it's only you... I'm very happy with my diet :)

You admitted you had an eating disorder. That should be concerning to you.

Exactly. Don't forget the attention seeking original post.

And this isn't the only thread she posted attention seeking photos today.

That's sad.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/39961885#Comment_39961885
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    For one thing, the human body strives for homeostasis...in the short run it can handle excess calories and will put them to good use...consistently over eating (or under eating) over time is what overrides your body's ability to balance things out. In other words, a week of over indulgence is going to be pretty meaningless.

Secondly, when one is very active, one can get away with quite a bit because the energy expenditure is so high.

Thirdly, the fact that it was cookies and pizza is pretty irrelevant.

COOKIES is very relevant. Cookies are always relevant.

You know, I was gonna tell you stop bragging :p but....this is very on point. :)