Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I generally support the concept of "eat whatever you want and lose weight/be fit/be health/enjoy life" so I wanted to like this post from the title, but it seems more of an excuse for a humble brag and to post pics than anything else.

If your question was serious OP - you didn't consume enough total calories in that period of time to have a noticeable impact on your physique.

I guess the other question is - why the excess? 200 cookies, was that serious? Do you have BED?

What's BED?

Binge Eating Disorder
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, eating a diet of nothing but cookies would deprive you of essential amino acids and other nutrients and eventually you would be in trouble. However, if you were active enough you could eat a great many cookies in addition to the other food you ate without gaining weight. It's not a matter of being fit enough - fitness is a moving target. If you take your fit body and feed it badly it will eventually stop being fit.

Once when I was in college I ate an entire box of Oreos dipped in an entire thing of whipped cream. Didn't gain weight, either, and I was model thin at the time. Activity levels and metabolism can handle a lot of bad diet.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    So you didn't eat that much over maintenance, or you did and it hasn't caught up.

You are lean enough that a stupid amount of carbs will not have an affect on your physique the next day.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    cassandrarodriguez89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Tabbycat00 wrote: »
    rsclause wrote: »
    As you get older you will be saying "I used to eat nothing but junk and never gain weight" "now look how fat I am"

Actually, I'm 40 and will still have weeks like this and not gain weight. The trick is I count every calorie and if I have a bad week, I try to make it up with a good week. If my calorie limit is 1400 and all of my calories came from cookies and pizza (happens) I try for 1400 calories of veggies and grilled fish the next day. If I eat 1600 calories on a special occasion, I'll eat only 1200 the next day. I still weigh what I weighed on my 21st birthday (98 lbs). So, although there's a possibility she'll gain weight as she gets older if she continues eating poorly on a regular basis, there's an equal possibility she won't if she's aware of her calorie intake and keeps working out.

40 and in shape! Your an inspiration!
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I feel like the Rock would eat something other than cod or broccoli if he could, you know? Or any of those action stars.

Chris Pratt has an amusing instagram series on the subject called "what's my snack?" Even though he works out like crazy, his diet has to be super on point to maintain what he's worked for. Some of it's collected here, enjoy.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleregna/kuh-kay-oh-bay-oh-bab-banana-chia?utm_term=.rtlWKxkv0#.xclzQNrka

OMG hahaha! I'm dying :D
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    This was my experience on vacation a few years ago. I really indulged and ate and drank everything for a week...I didn't hit the gym either. I had huge breakfasts, big lunches and dinners, wine, fruity cocktails, I would have cookies and crepes and waffles with whipped cream everyday and by the end I looked fantastic I actually took some killer progress photos. Maybe it was the carb loading filling out the muscles? Haha I have no idea.. you look great though so I wouldn't worry about it too much, maybe you didn't eat as much as you thought, maybe you were more active and had more energy with all the food, etc.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    I generally support the concept of "eat whatever you want and lose weight/be fit/be health/enjoy life" so I wanted to like this post from the title, but it seems more of an excuse for a humble brag and to post pics than anything else.

If your question was serious OP - you didn't consume enough total calories in that period of time to have a noticeable impact on your physique.

I guess the other question is - why the excess? 200 cookies, was that serious? Do you have BED?

What's BED?

Binge Eating Disorder

Yes. I do binge eat every single day, mostly right before bed. But usually not on cookies... unless it's Sunday.

Is this intended to be funny?

This was my reaction as well. Binge Eating Disorder is not a joke, it is clinically recognized eating disorder and the OP's flippant comments around the vacation indulgence indicates that she doesn't actually understand that this is a serious disease that has devastating consequences for those who suffer from it.

It's NOT a joke. I loose self control before I go to bed. Your assuming I'm not serious. I'm 100% serious. Before I went to bed last night I ate a steak, peanut butter cookies, sweet potatoe fries and multigrain chips. That was AFTER I ate all my nessesary meals. It's been so bad that I used to try drinking tons of water to avoid the feeling. But then I have to go pee all night so it's not comfortable.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Immediately after giving birth I was up to 12 huge cupcakes a day (not normal sized cupcakes, they were giant). So yes, I have BED, I have always had it, as a kid my father would make jokes about it going in and out of me immediately, as a little kid I would go to buffets and have 8 FULL SIZED plates. But I'm not referring to normal food having effect on the body, only sugary foods.
  • cassandrarodriguez89
    Options
    Is there a purge with that binge of yours?

I was going to ask this. No way you stay that lean with binging every day unless you purge

No. I don't.