Why am I still in excellent shape after I eating junk?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,650 Member
    Options
    Many people thing that binging and purging means eating and then throwing up. There is also such a thing as exercise purging.

"oops i just ate 5,000 calories, now i have to exercise for 5 hours straight to fix it".

1000 calories an hour is the dream.... :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Many people thing that binging and purging means eating and then throwing up. There is also such a thing as exercise purging.

"oops i just ate 5,000 calories, now i have to exercise for 5 hours straight to fix it".

1000 calories an hour is the dream.... :)

Haha I i didn't even think of the maths with the example :blushing:
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

This was mentioned upthread (pg 4). It's called exercise bulimia.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    tenor.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

This was mentioned upthread (pg 4). It's called exercise bulimia.

I read page 4 days ago, my memory isn't that good :tongue:
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Nice! LOL! I would have responded the same way! I gonna go F myself right now...!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Bad Science by Ben Goldacre is a good book if you want to learn how to read this kind of "science" article without being taken in by persuasive technique.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    Hahaha I endorse the bragging from the OP. Well done. Nice abs too. B)

LOL thank you :) But is it possible to reach a level of fitness and being capable of going on a diet of cookies?

Sure! He's a typical 8,000 calorie day for Tour de France riders...

09:00 Breakfast -- carbohydrate-rich foods like bread, muesli, cereal, fruit, coffee, smoothies, orange juice and even noodles help top up glycogen stores.

10:30 Pre-race snack -- top up carbohydrate and calories — typically, rice cakes with honey, raisin bread or a sports bar are consumed with fluid

12:00 During the race -- On big alpine climbs...six electrolyte drinks, three energy bars, two isotonic gels and a caffeine gel; more if the heat ramps up.

17:00 Post-race recovery -- Recovery drinks with carbohydrate and 25g of protein are waiting for the riders as soon as they finish a stage [plus] sandwiches, rich cakes and cereal bars

20:00 Evening meal -- start with salad, soup or juice...followed by meat or fish and carbohydrate-rich foods -- flaxseed crusted turkey and pumpkin soup -- halibut with apple, peach and fennel salsa. Homemade cakes, yoghurt, fruit and flans are often served for dessert.

23:00 Lights out -- Carbohydrate-rich snacks like small cakes, fruit, nuts and cereal ensure glycogen levels are constantly being topped up after dinner.

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racing/tour-de-france/this-is-what-you-have-to-eat-to-compete-in-the-tour-de-france-182775