Diet Coke, friend or foe?

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hi, I am determined to lose all this weight this time. My husband is convinced, from all the internet stuff he reads, that Diet Coke is the most evil of things you can ingest. According to him it will cause all kinds of trouble, from making me gain weight, destroying my pancreas, to bloating my stomach. I love the taste, and feel it is a great sweet treat with no calories.
    What do you all think?
    Diet Cherry Pepsi is better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

True. In order to get it without caffeine, I buy caffeine free diet Pepsi and add a few drops of cherry Kool-Aid flavor drops.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    One of the glories of a healthy marriage is to agree to disagree. You will lose all the weight you want to by paying attention to everything else you are eating.

If it were me, I'd get myself a lovely glass, a funky straw, add ice and my diet PEPSI and drink it VERY SLOWLY in front of him. Daily.

Yes!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I am kind of scared of chemicals in diet soda. I heard that the have this new Diet Pepsi & cherry Diet Pepsi that's supposed to have less chemicals. Honestly if coke is preventing you from snacking on other sugary things than go for it.

It's not new. It's just re-branded Pepsi Max. The "chemicals" (artificial sweeteners?) are there just the same as they were before. It's a different combination of artificial sweeteners from diet, with a different flavor.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What is with all the lab hate?

https://goo.gl/images/oV5GLi
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am kind of scared of chemicals in diet soda. I heard that the have this new Diet Pepsi & cherry Diet Pepsi that's supposed to have less chemicals. Honestly if coke is preventing you from snacking on other sugary things than go for it.

It's not new. It's just re-branded Pepsi Max. The "chemicals" (artificial sweeteners?) are there just the same as they were before. It's a different combination of artificial sweeteners from diet, with a different flavor.

I also noticed that Pepsi Max has Gingo in it? Or Ginseng? I can't recall, but I was like "noooo thanks on extra boosters to the caffeine". Is that the difference to the "Diet" vs "Max"?
  • rph2t
    rph2t Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love it, but save it for special occasions or when I'm traveling. I have IBS, so I have to be careful with things that cause bloating. There are some clinical studies about aspartame, but nothing has ever scared me badly enough to get me to stop. Also, have you tried flavored carbonated water, like la Croix? So good, no calories, no sweetener.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I drink La Croix Strawberry Pineapple. They're very refreshing and tasty.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

I also noticed that Pepsi Max has Gingo in it? Or Ginseng? I can't recall, but I was like "noooo thanks on extra boosters to the caffeine". Is that the difference to the "Diet" vs "Max"?

It also has more caffeine as well