Diet Coke, friend or foe?

Options

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am kind of scared of chemicals in diet soda. I heard that the have this new Diet Pepsi & cherry Diet Pepsi that's supposed to have less chemicals. Honestly if coke is preventing you from snacking on other sugary things than go for it.

It's not new. It's just re-branded Pepsi Max. The "chemicals" (artificial sweeteners?) are there just the same as they were before. It's a different combination of artificial sweeteners from diet, with a different flavor.

I also noticed that Pepsi Max has Gingo in it? Or Ginseng? I can't recall, but I was like "noooo thanks on extra boosters to the caffeine". Is that the difference to the "Diet" vs "Max"?

It also has more caffeine as well

OK gotcha, thanks. My significant other is unfamiliar with soda, too and accidentally got me Pepsi Max and I was reading the Diet Cherry and Max trying to discern the difference. I definitely don't want extra caffeine. On the "whoops" side, my son was so excited to see soda in the house that he asked to have the Pepsi Max and I told him to go ahead because I didn't like it. He'll probably be on a 3 day bender.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's fine. Diet Dr Pepper is where it's at :)

I used to drink that like crazy, but now I seem to have developed an allergy to an ingredient in it.Other sodas are fine. Not sure which one, though it's almost entirely a Dr, Pepper/knockoff specific phenomenon. My tounge and throat go numb, and if I had more than a few sips, my lips will swell. Pecans and walnuts are the only other consistant items that cause that, and even then I need way more than could possibly be in a few sips of soda. So weird. It makes me sad, not to drink it anymore :'(
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I am kind of scared of chemicals in diet soda. I heard that the have this new Diet Pepsi & cherry Diet Pepsi that's supposed to have less chemicals. Honestly if coke is preventing you from snacking on other sugary things than go for it.

It's not new. It's just re-branded Pepsi Max. The "chemicals" (artificial sweeteners?) are there just the same as they were before. It's a different combination of artificial sweeteners from diet, with a different flavor.

I also noticed that Pepsi Max has Gingo in it? Or Ginseng? I can't recall, but I was like "noooo thanks on extra boosters to the caffeine". Is that the difference to the "Diet" vs "Max"?

OK gotcha, thanks. My significant other is unfamiliar with soda, too and accidentally got me Pepsi Max and I was reading the Diet Cherry and Max trying to discern the difference. I definitely don't want extra caffeine. On the "whoops" side, my son was so excited to see soda in the house that he asked to have the Pepsi Max and I told him to go ahead because I didn't like it. He'll probably be on a 3 day bender.

I used to drink Pepsi max as my pre workout lol
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Hi, I am determined to lose all this weight this time. My husband is convinced, from all the internet stuff he reads, that Diet Coke is the most evil of things you can ingest. According to him it will cause all kinds of trouble, from making me gain weight, destroying my pancreas, to bloating my stomach. I love the taste, and feel it is a great sweet treat with no calories.
    What do you all think?
    Diet Cherry Pepsi is better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I've agreed with every single post of yours but this is just so wrong.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm a Diet Pepsi fan myself, but there are no calories. No calories means it's literally impossible to gain weight from drinking them.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I used to drink Pepsi max as my pre workout lol

I drink 2 or 3 a day to help reduce migraines. It has almost as much caffeine as a mountain dew kickstart.
  • sasiphehale1
    sasiphehale1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can't drink it because the aspartame gives me headaches, theres been some stuff I didn't think had it in it that I instantly knew to check the label after consuming it because I got a splitting headache after eating or drinking it.