Squats and Big Booties; redux

Options

Replies

• ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Squats and big booties. Wonderful more female logic and pseudoscience. The emg results clearly show that hip thrusters are one of the best activators of the glute muscles in case you were unaware dear. Squats are moderate activators of the gluteus Maximus in particular, but are one of the best exercises for the quads (front thighs). Just read the post you had regarding that and wanted to educate you on this important issue,

Must suck being weak.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    For me, if I squat heavy, my jeans stop fitting. Everyone's mileage will vary.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I feel like I addressed that very trend in the first post.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    so get different jeans.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Squats and big booties. Wonderful more female logic and pseudoscience. The emg results clearly show that hip thrusters are one of the best activators of the glute muscles in case you were unaware dear. Squats are moderate activators of the gluteus Maximus in particular, but are one of the best exercises for the quads (front thighs). Just read the post you had regarding that and wanted to educate you on this important issue,

cool story bro, thanks for sharing that.

I have found that with squats, my booty has definitely perked up, and it's helped with the whole look of my legs. It's also great for abs and back (esp for weighted squats).

If only it'd give me those amazing curves that the OP is sporting. DAYUM girl, you look awesome! #ittybittywaistenvy

:flowerforyou:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    MFP needs to add a tongue lolling smiley to their list and it needs to be added entirely due to this thread.

Someone get on it!
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    MFP needs to add a tongue lolling smiley to their list and it needs to be added entirely due to this thread.

Someone get on it!

:tongue: <~~~ is that not what you mean?
  • Achrya
    Options
    This thread needs more butts.
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I don't have a before picture... but here is an after:
    20130419_072748-1_zpsd579b680.jpg
  • Achrya
    Options

I don't have a before picture... but here is an after:
    20130419_072748-1_zpsd579b680.jpg

10/10, very smackable
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what "female logic" is and how it differs from logic?
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Only in because i need an excuse to post a before pic.
    IMG_0143_zps1a66a6d0.jpg
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    so get different jeans.

I already have a nice pert booty, and am happy with the shape it is. I prefer it the size that already is, not a size or two bigger. Thanks for the suggestion though. I never would have thought of that myself. :tongue:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    so get different jeans.

I already have a nice pert booty, and am happy with the shape it is. I prefer it the size that already is, not a size or two bigger. Thanks for the suggestion though. I never would have thought of that myself. :tongue:

I'm curious.. if you are happy with your booty, and you don't want to change it, plus you don't plan on squatting... was the statement just an fyi?

Maybe I'm wrong, but the OPs post seemed to be tailored toward people who are unhappy with their booty, but are afraid that by doing squats they will make it worse. I think her OP has addressed that fear too.

If you are already happy with what you have, then you don't need to worry, so I guess maybe there was confusion as to what point you were trying to make with your reply? In any event... Congratulations!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Someone get on it!

I was thinking more along the lines of this:
    Dan5_zps63a5c73f.png
    :tongue: is more playful, I wanted to convey "want to touch the hiney".
  • MireyGal76
    Options

Someone get on it!

I was thinking more along the lines of this:
    Dan5_zps63a5c73f.png
    :tongue: is more playful, I wanted to convey "want to touch the hiney".

:laugh:
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    so get different jeans.

I'm curious.. if you are happy with your booty, and you don't want to change it, plus you don't plan on squatting... was the statement just an fyi?

Maybe I'm wrong, but the OPs post seemed to be tailored toward people who are unhappy with their booty, but are afraid that by doing squats they will make it worse. I think her OP has addressed that fear too.

If you are already happy with what you have, then you don't need to worry, so I guess maybe there was confusion as to what point you were trying to make with your reply? In any event... Congratulations!

My point was that even if you might NOT be particularly pleased with your booty, squatting may not be the end-all be-all answer. But perhaps I should not have chosen this thread to say it in. Sorry if I caused any confusion. :embarassed:
  • Achrya
    Options
    so get different jeans.

My point was that even if you might NOT be particularly pleased with your booty, squatting may not be the end-all be-all answer. But perhaps I should not have chosen this thread to say it in. Sorry if I caused any confusion. :embarassed:

I hope you can understand where one might be touchy about what you said in this thread.

The whole point was, as Mirey said, to show women who are not happy with their booty that they don't need to be afraid of heavy squats and that the often spoken but never proven, "when I squat heavy on a deficit my butt gets bigger!" Simply isn't true. I even explained what is going on in the OP.

In spite of that you pop in, repeating that very notion that scares women off while offering no proof, no alternatives, and also leaving out that you aren't actually the target demographic. Frankly how would you know what does or doesn't work for women unhappy with their butts if that isn't you?

And, finally, I never claimed it was the end all and be all, but rather that it works and there is nothing about heavy squats that should turn women off, contrary to what some may claim.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

f46f25ec-3156-4d3e-be67-1fef619eb799_zps852a74a6.jpg

Whoa. That's amazing. I am jealous.

Here is a pic of mine.

IMG_8074_zps10566d97.jpg
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    IMG_8074_zps10566d97.jpg

You can all go home now. We have a winner.