Squats and Big Booties; redux

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    AHEM!!!!! And what about me? Otter isn't even hard to spell.

Okay, I'm still at high bf% and can't really be considered fit yet. Butt, I want to act all pitiful and left out and stuff, too :cry: . I'm feeling left out of being left out. Or something like that.

tumblr_mm37ejZUkI1s2gu1ko1_400.gif
    Also I'd beg to disagree. I'm sure you could outlift and outrun many of my lower body fat friends which do not have climbing walls in their kitchen. I'd consider you more fit then many skinny irl friends.

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Now, if only I could climb the stupid (err, I mean awesome) rope in my kitchen instead of hanging from it.

I bet you'll do that waaaayyyy before I ever run a 5k...lol.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Okay, I'm still at high bf% and can't really be considered fit yet. Butt, I want to act all pitiful and left out and stuff, too :cry: . I'm feeling left out of being left out. Or something like that.

Also I'd beg to disagree. I'm sure you could outlift and outrun many of my lower body fat friends which do not have climbing walls in their kitchen. I'd consider you more fit then many skinny irl friends.

Now, if only I could climb the stupid (err, I mean awesome) rope in my kitchen instead of hanging from it.

Angie you are HAWT.

And also cute as a button.

But most HAWT. :flowerforyou:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

Angie you are HAWT.

Srsly. Check out her beaver above...I mean otter. Everything gets hotter when you lift. Booties, beavers, otters lol.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Going to just drop this right here too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxpTIPP1Ioc
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Angie you are HAWT.

:blushing: :heart: :flowerforyou:

You really did make me blush, which is tough to do to an otter.
  • ajidllensi
    ajidllensi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Bump for booties
  • caracnz
    caracnz Posts: 1
    Options
    I love butts & I can not lie - you have a fine backside, keep up the great work!!
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Squats have also changed my booty for the better....

this is a before and during:

xfWqTTZl.jpg

And squats are a HUGE part of why I now have this....

mcTG6THl.jpg
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    f46f25ec-3156-4d3e-be67-1fef619eb799_zps852a74a6.jpg

stutter. uh. well. um.

tumblr_lxmwj8MfbN1r22sd4o1_500.gif
  • jasperthecathannah
    Options
    I have a reaally flat *kitten*, anyone know if this will help me at all? ( looking fab btw ;) )
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have a reaally flat *kitten*, anyone know if this will help me at all? ( looking fab btw ;) )

um
    yes?

did you read the original post?
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Booty bump!

Saving for later ;)
  • jasperthecathannah
    Options
    yes, the lovely lady in the original post had/has *kitten* to work with, I have none and want to improve that. Alsoo what are the benefits of squats with weight compared to just bodyweight squats? :)
  • NikiHavok
    NikiHavok Posts: 3
    Options
    Any suggestions regarding Squats for a person with a bad knee?
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Bump. Because booties from squats are awesome.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    First, I want to say - preach it girl! You look amazing and have really put in a lot of hard work. Congratulations!

Second, I want to thank you for sharing this with all of us, but mainly women. It's hard to get used to the more lifted, "squat" booty. Because it does feel bigger and doesn't fit into the smaller sized pants I used to have (I'm talking as someone who needed to gain a little rather than lose it).

Third, I want to thank you for your humor and correct use of the English language. I see that so rarely on here that I feel a need to point it out. :)

Congrats again! Once I get the form down, I long to be able to squat 110!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    Any suggestions regarding Squats for a person with a bad knee?

Make sure you're using good form. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and squats have never bothered my knees. Actually I find that heavy squats are better for the knees than body weight squats when done correctly because you get a lot more bang for your buck. There's no need to do hundreds of reps.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    yes, the lovely lady in the original post had/has *kitten* to work with, I have none and want to improve that. Alsoo what are the benefits of squats with weight compared to just bodyweight squats? :)

Yes you'll get a lot more benefit from weighted squats for a lot less reps. Instead of doing 100s of reps of bodyweight squats you can do 5x5 weighted squats and get great results.

Since you've still got weight to lose what you'll accomplish is to keep the muscle you have while you lose the fat. So basically your body will shrink and your butt will stay the same size, which will make your butt look fuller and rounder.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    OP - Chelled... you are amazing! Your post makes so much sense, and it's something I was actually struggling with. I bought new trousers the other day, and was really deflated because I went UP a size. I tried blaming the shop, but it happened in 2 others. The only problem was that I couldn't get it over my *kitten*... and it's kinda too big in the waist.

Now I realise the issue - my *kitten* is actually doing what it's supposed to! :P

Thanks so much for this post :D